Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Limited by MainThread

The new beta with DX12 DLSS etc sounds great.👍

27 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Got it...I find the screen very sluggish when panning around with less than 40fps...

Also do you lock to 30 via NVIDIA CP? VSYNC enabled?

No i use RTSS and lock at 30, no VSYNC. I use Ultra in refreash in NCP. Smooth as silk and I did run 40 for almost a year, so yer I know all about 40 FPS 🙂

Might be best to wait for the update and DX12 DLSS

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Do you guys thinking that upgrading from an i9-9900k to an i9-1200k would make a big difference? 

Here's a link to a thread regarding performance. I followed this guys advice and it appears to have worked.  Basically crank your graphics setting up until you become GPU limited.

I upgraded to a $260.00 i5 12600K and the difference is staggering.  No voodoo bios tricks, NVCP or anything else.  I left everything alone except power management in NVCP, clean install of windows, all settings to ULTRA and things were smooth as butter.

• Like 2

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

Since the beta I've switched from locked 30 FPS 4k to 60 FPS. DLLS Balanced and fairly conservative graphic settings based on the High preset. No Nvidia or BIOS tweaks, everything stock.

DX12 is a disaster on my 8 gig VRAM card. Artefacts and severe stutters, never seen anything like it and I don't overclock. A look at the dev mode FPS display shows the VRAM in the card being overrun. In DX11 VRAM is within limits all the time.

Otherwise the sim is now remarkably smooth. Panning around the cockpit is a pleasure at 60 FPS. FPS does drop somewhat at airports but once in the air it recovers nicely.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1 hour ago, Poppingcork said:

I upgraded to a $260.00 i5 12600K and the difference is staggering.  No voodoo bios tricks, NVCP or anything else.  I left everything alone except power management in NVCP, clean install of windows, all settings to ULTRA and things were smooth as butter.

Didn't see your post because I was writing one myself but your experience sounds like mine. The 12600K is pretty decent.

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

DX12 is a disaster on my 8 gig VRAM card. Artefacts and severe stutters, never seen anything like it and I don't overclock

Try reducing some settings that use up Vram 💁‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Going to try that now. On the official forums someone suggested to drop the texture resolution from ultra to high. Will try running at 1080p instead of 4k as well. At least the faster sim startup makes it easier to experiment.

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Dropping resolution to 1440p and texture resolution to high fixes the artifacts and VRAM usage. it's as smooth as DX11 as well. Going to stick with DX11 and 4k for now though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

Dropping resolution to 1440p and texture resolution to high fixes the artifacts and VRAM usage. it's as smooth as DX11 as well. Going to stick with DX11 and 4k for now though.

I think this is where cards with higher end Vram come in to play, as predicted by some and rubbished by others. It’s why I couldn’t justify purchasing a 3080 back when they came out and opted for the 3090. Albeit I got mine at the RRP and not some rip off price. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I think this is where cards with higher end Vram come in to play, as predicted by some and rubbished by others. It’s why I couldn’t justify purchasing a 3080 back when they came out and opted for the 3090. Albeit I got mine at the RRP and not some rip off price. 

In this thread on the official forums it seems a 3080ti user is affected as well. So 24 gigs for 4k eh?

Excessive DX12 VRAM Usage - Sim Update 10 BETA / Install, Performance, and Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

20 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

Is there a noticeable difference between ULTRA > HIGH at 1440p?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 minute ago, iFlySimX said:

Not that I really noticed, at least the sim didn't turn into FSX. Would have to take screenshots to compare.

DX12 in my case is an improvement over DX11, as long as I do not exceed my cards VRAM. At KSEA I lost 5 fps using DX12. I contribute this to the fact that I was using 14GB of VRAM on a 12GB card. At KORD I stayed around 10GB VRAM and gained 10 fps. This is at 4K HDR (100%), a TLOD of 400, every in-game option maxed out (no bloom, DOF, motion blur, or Lens correction), in game vsync of 30. I have seen the screenshots of the artifacts and wow, but I have not experienced this. Do you have to be way over the cards VRAM?

As far as I can tell DLSS is giving me 1 fps at KSEA and nothing anywhere else I have tested. The only blurriness I see with DLSS enabled is the KAS tape in the G1000nxi PFD, when it is bouncing around. Everything else the text on the PFD and MFD appear just as readable without DLSS enabled. This could be that I use on pair of glasses for up close and another pair for distance, and neither for how I sit in front of my monitor.

With DX12, all or all but one P-core is being utilized under load and it is 2 to 3 in DX11. GPU usage is about 10% more. System memory usage is about 25% more under DX12.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

In this thread on the official forums it seems a 3080ti user is affected as well. So 24 gigs for 4k eh?

Excessive DX12 VRAM Usage - Sim Update 10 BETA / Install, Performance, and Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The 3080 Ti has 12 GB of VRAM, I personally saw 13-14 GB used at 3440x1440 in a non-PG area and without add-on scenery (just the FBW A320). With DLSS Quality the VRAM usage drops by about 500 MB.

At 4K resolution I'd say that the 3090 is mandatory for this game, unless of course DX12 will be optimized more in the future.

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

If I recall it correctly, the High setting includes Terrain LOD at 100 which is not very nice to see... 

I'd go custom and try various settings to reach a good compromise.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

9 minutes ago, Maladoror said:

As far as I can tell DLSS is giving me 1 fps at KSEA

But *probably way more smoothness, even if you don't notice it. DX12 , for me, was never about gaining FPS, but gaining smoothness with equal cpu core usage and not one thread being hammered. 

16 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Do you guys thinking that upgrading from an i9-9900k to an i9-1200k would make a big difference? 

Yea but I'd also wait for the 13900K - looks to destroy AMDs top offering with ease.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |