Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Limited by MainThread

Hopefully reports of less impact at the arrival airport with the beta may help that.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Also, some people in the SU 10 Beta Forum reported that turning off HT boosts performance. Anyone try this and know if this is true?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

18 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Also, some people in the SU 10 Beta Forum reported that turning off HT boosts performance. Anyone try this and know if this is true?

It is true in my case. Hard to believe we back at this FSX/P3D tweak... Without HT off DX12 is horrible ! 

BUT, there are other issues with it. Graphical issues, white flickering, missing parts of runway/taxway and more... 

Hopefully a new build will be out to test  

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

It is true in my case. Hard to believe we back at this FSX/P3D tweak... Without HT off DX12 is horrible ! 

BUT, there are other issues with it. Graphical issues, white flickering, missing parts of runway/taxway and more... 

Hopefully a new build will be out to test  

Evidently there are issues with your specific configuration.

I have HT on (20 threads), DX12 is smooth and I have no graphics issues.

• Like 4

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 minute ago, MrFuzzy said:

Evidently there are issues with your specific configuration.

I have HT on (20 threads), DX12 is smooth and I have no graphics issues.

So go back to MSFS forums and collect few more configurations reporting same... 

Roi Ben

Turned off HT and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I am simply amazed....Will need to do more testing but man this is golden. 

• Like 2

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

that is crazy. i am also on a 9900K but 2080TI and turning off HT gives me +10FPS at LPPT. Super smooth now under DX12

• Like 1

Carsten U

I never liked the idea of turning off HT. I just made some tests and looks like DX12 works better with out. I used Fenix A320 with Process Lasso and made some rules for CPU affinity.

MSFS took 11900k physical cores ( 0-2-4-6-8-10-12-14)  while FenixDisplay.exe the rest of virtual cores ( 1-3-5-7-9-11-13-15) and for the first time i didn't have the Single Main thread hammered. MSFS with HT off spreads more "equally"  the process work to Physical cores which i guess DX12 helped also. Sim was much smoother than before even in low-fps. I didn't gain fps but the whole immersion was much smoother even with tod 200 on high demanding airports.

I will make more tests as DX12 looks ultra promising

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

14 hours ago, roi1862 said:

So go back to MSFS forums and collect few more configurations reporting same... 

There must be something wrong (or peculiar) with those configs. 

I just tested a main thread limited situation (Salty 747 at EDDF) and with HT off I have approximately the same framerate, only more stutters when panning the view.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Other than to reduce overheating of the chip if it is getting hammered over a long period, turning off HT makes no sense, so I wonder what is going on here?

Hopefully there is technical explanation for this that will become apparent. 

I don't want to turn off HT in the BIOS, as I use a lot of video processing and music conversion tools that will take about twice as long if I do that.

It is a shame if we have to go down the Process Lasso route again.

Edit:  Just saw Fuzzy's post.  Seems to make more sense.  I can only think it is down to the individual configuration and characteristics of each PC.
I am leaving HT on, as I have no problems anyway on my PC and with MSFS.  12900k here.

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

God, are we still beating that hyperthreading drum in this day and age. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

Other than to reduce overheating of the chip if it is getting hammered over a long period, turning off HT makes no sense, so I wonder what is going on here?

Hopefully there is technical explanation for this that will become apparent. 

I don't want to turn off HT in the BIOS, as I use a lot of video processing and music conversion tools that will take about twice as long if I do that.

It is a shame if we have to go down the Process Lasso route again.

I tested Process Lasso extensively too, in the past. Snake oil as well.

Another one infesting the forums for months was this: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/demystifying-full-screen-optimizations/

Imagine hundreds of professional programmers working for the most important software multinational company ignoring for years such simple youtuber tricks.

Yes, if the CPU is not properly cooled, HT may trigger substantial thermal throttling and so the higher performance with HT off is explained by higher clocks. The same for the CTDs that ruin the experience of many players and for which they blame MSFS, but honestly beside some reproducible scenarios (such as the VFR map resizing now - but it's a beta! - and incompatible addons in general), most of them are caused by unstable XMP profiles (in particular 0xc0000005).

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Seth2021 said:

MSFS took 11900k physical cores ( 0-2-4-6-8-10-12-14)  while FenixDisplay.exe the rest of virtual cores ( 1-3-5-7-9-11-13-15)

There is no distinction between physical cores and HT ones. They are all couples of virtual logical cores for the OS.

When HT is enabled you cannot choose to send instructions to a physical core rather than a "virtual" one. 

Placebo...

22 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

There must be something wrong (or peculiar) with those configs. 

I just tested a main thread limited situation (Salty 747 at EDDF) and with HT off I have approximately the same framerate, only more stutters when panning the view.

4 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

There is no distinction between physical cores and HT ones. They are all couples of virtual logical cores for the OS.

When HT is enabled you cannot choose to send instructions to a physical core rather than a "virtual" one. 

Placebo...

It doesn't matter you think or what you found or that it doesn't make sense. The fact is that multiple users reporting the same, and the reports keeps pilling up on MSFS forums and with few streamers i saw. Now its Asobo job to figure out why. That's all  

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

It doesn't matter you think or what you found or that it doesn't make sense. The fact is that multiple users reporting the same, and the reports are keep on pilling up on MSFS forums and with few streamers i saw. Now its Asobo job to figure out why. That's all  

Let's also keep in mind this is flight simmers we're talking about. The most anecdotal, "magic tweak" bunch in the games industry. They can install a new Nvidia driver and report a 62% performance gain and they never have any benchmarks or data to back anything up. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB