Sign in to follow this  
Bumelbee

310, 414 or wait for a2a?

3 hours ago, hvw said:

FlyByWire's A320 might be the one living up to your expectations. And you know what? The price is right....absolutely free. 

And topping that is the Fenix A 320. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Is the Kodiak still on sale at $20? the OP may consider that as an option, needs to ack quick though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I owned all the A2A for P3D.. I wouldn't trade my Milviz C 310 for any of them. 

that's a statement, thank you. Especially from an experienced pilot. I'll get both and then write my own experiences

thanks you all for your comments 

Manuel

• Like 1

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

42 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And topping that is the Fenix A 320. 

Correct. I love them both 🙂 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Such a topic with similar questions has appeared many times already.

I will answer from my own experience. All my 100% flights lately are pmdg737 at long range and FSW C414 at medium distance.

The 414 is so good that a couple of years ago, it was impossible to imagine that one day we would be able to fly on such a wonderful plane, which is very similar to the real one.

• Like 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

5 hours ago, Bumelbee said:

Is there currently an aircraft that exceeds my expectations in terms of flight dynamics?

I can still remember my aha experience when i flew a2a's cessna 172 for the first time. it was awesome and i thought crazy, the thing behaves exactly like the real one... would the 310 or the 441 meet my expectations? Not that I've ever flown either of them or ever will, but I know what real airplanes feel like. Or does it mean what I'm afraid of waiting for a2a?

Can anyone comment on this?

Happy landings Manuel

Manuel.  You have received a ton of great answers here.  They are mostly general answers.  Other than mentioning the A2A 172, you provided little information about the type(s) of flying you do, or prefer. That would be helpful here.

Not being a single model owner, like most in real life, I would very likely not choose between a 172 or 310 for many of the same flights. That since I would in MSFS have both. I would perhaps find more of an overlap between the 310 and 414.  Those are the two most mentioned in these replies.  But as with the A2A 172 (or 182) if I were looking for a GS of 130 to 145  for lower altitude pleasure local flights, $100 hamburger runs, or general sightseeing this MSFS world of scenery, I might not pull either of those from the hangar. I fly the 310 and 414 at 8,000 to 12,000 at GS 170 for 1 1/2 to 2 hour flights.  Much different.

So what is the flying style?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

you're right, actually I'm always looking for planes that I can use to fly routes similar to real life. So rather small GAs. MSFS can be such a wonderful training tool. otherwise I fly under instrument conditions with VATSIM. I've been using the FBWA320.

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Manuel.  You have received a ton of great answers here.  They are mostly general answers.  Other than mentioning the A2A 172, you provided little information about the type(s) of flying you do, or prefer. That would be helpful here.

Not being a single model owner, like most in real life, I would very likely not choose between a 172 or 310 for many of the same flights. That since I would in MSFS have both. I would perhaps find more of an overlap between the 310 and 414.  Those are the two most mentioned in these replies.  But as with the A2A 172 (or 182) if I were looking for a GS of 130 to 145  for lower altitude pleasure local flights, $100 hamburger runs, or general sightseeing this MSFS world of scenery, I might not pull either of those from the hangar. I fly the 310 and 414 at 8,000 to 12,000 at GS 170 for 1 1/2 to 2 hour flights.  Much different.

A 414 at only 8 to 12,000 feet?  tsk tsk 😄

To me the 310 and 414 aren't really in the same class either.  Yes they are both piston twins, but that is where the comparison stops.  The 414 is getting a bit toward business class with its lav capability, its turbocharged engines, and consequent ability to fly higher (and faster), whereas the 310 we have in MSFS is normally-aspirated and more or a straight GA twin to me.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

28 minutes ago, Mace said:

Yes, I agree.  I generalized I guess.  Still find I fly it for medium distance trips, typically 2 to 2 1/2  hour flights.  And not for shorter or sightseeing flights.  I fly the 414 much as I flew the Realair TDv2 in FSX SE, though the 414 does not quite have the speed of the Turbine Duke.  Still it fits in nicely for purpose between the 310 and the Hondajet.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The C414 is my personal favorite in MSFS (and I fly the other big brands as well).. MSFS has converted me from hardcore tubeliner guy to hardcore GA guy.. I do love the low and slow of the pipers, but the C414 is in a different class.. its a piston version of a king air with a service ceiling of 30K !!  I usually fly at 20K so that I can match the fuel burn numbers with the RAM IV POH given by FSW.. I love the maintenance aspects of it, and it almost approaches A2A/Airfoil labs when it comes to that ownership experience.. beautiful aircraft in real life, beautifully modeled in the sim..

It has the potential to bring in even more FBO/maintenance sort of experience in the future provided MSFS steps up its SDK..

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

The King Air is still a lot faster though with a cruise speed about 50% higher.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

16 hours ago, Mace said:

To me the 310 and 414 aren't really in the same class either.  Yes they are both piston twins, but that is where the comparison stops.  The 414 is getting a bit toward business class with its lav capability, its turbocharged engines, and consequent ability to fly higher (and faster), whereas the 310 we have in MSFS is normally-aspirated and more or a straight GA twin to me.

I think AvAngel put it in one of her reviews like this: You fly the C310 if you want to go anyware, the C414 if you need to go somewhere. The C310 suits my type of flying better and seems to have a  quite realistic flight model. I am not a real pilot thoug so can't really comment on it.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

20 hours ago, Mace said:

I pretty much only fly the 310 and 414 if I even get the time.  I find myself flying the 414 in the upper teens to occasionally lower 20's.  I think the lower teens is the sweet spot as for as TAS goes for the 414.  The c310 - I go anywhere from 040 - 100.  I still feel like the 414 cruises too slowly - I've tried a few tweaks myself but I'm not a pro at MSFS flight modeling.  RAM site says 75% at FL200 should be 215 KTAS.  I think full power should be around 230 KTAS.  I never seem to get 215 or 230.  At any rate I still fly the 414 the most.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I love the 310. Don't have the 414 so I can't comment on it.

In general, I'd advise against waiting on purchases in favor of aircraft that haven't been released yet. Unless a definitive release date has been announced, and even if one has, it could be quite a while before that new plane arrives. In the meantime you've lost the pleasure you could have been getting from a good release now. In this specific case with the long development time A2A has been in, and the small amount of information they've released, I wouldn't assume a release is imminent. There are some great choices to fly now.

Both are excellent then compare to the A2A Commanche.

And while you are waiting for that get the HJET for some high flying.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071