Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Light pollution is broken in SU10(Beta)

9 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Upgrade your CPU ? 10900K ? Why ? 

It is a couple years old and MSFS is a cpu hog. Especially if you want your skies full of AI traffic. I get down below 30 fps flying into KSEA. If you want 3d buildings a wide distance away 10900 just doesn't cut it anymore. Going to upgrade to a 13th gen Intel or a Ryzen 7000 this year though. 

Tyson Rose

Another downgrade. Give me back the launch edition if MSFS and I’ll be happy (can’t believe I’m saying that)

• Like 1

So is anyone going to post pics of this supposed downgrade or what?

Edited by Krakin
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 hours ago, Paul K said:

Looks pretty much like P3D ? What ?? Night lighting is vastly superior in MSFS - it's one of the biggest environment improvements in the sim.

I'll post this - admittedly, both render scaling and terrain LOD are at maximum, but see how far into the distance the lighting can be seen. Even at half these settings, P3D never comes close.

TeGWK0f.jpg

I’m talking more on how the light is rendered, the variation etc. at that low it does not look bad but doesn’t look great either. The higher you go the worse it looks and the more p3d like it looks.

I’m happy to take screenshots when I’m home. 

• Like 1

Related to this, it would also be nice if the rural roads didn't have street lights on them.  Or at least so many street lights.  It's a small matter though, minor in the overall picture.

• Like 5

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

10 minutes ago, Mace said:

Related to this, it would also be nice if the rural roads didn't have street lights on them.  Or at least so many street lights.  It's a small matter though, minor in the overall picture.

Yes, agreed, that's always been a bit of a problem. I wonder how it could be solved, if at all.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Another beautiful thing broken... oh my not sure which count is higher, broken stuff or fixed stuff since launch?

I vote from the above comment, give us launch edition as an option. I'll just use that.

32 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Yes, agreed, that's always been a bit of a problem. I wonder how it could be solved, if at all.

Possibly some sort of mask for urban vs. rural areas.  Anything in the rural masked area would not get the high-density lighting.

Other simulators have terrain masking systems for traffic density, so theoretically it could be done, I would think.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

You guys are so dramatic lol. It is a beta! report the problem and save the drama for your mama

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Another beautiful thing broken

It's a beta test, holy moly. The bug report thread on the forums has been marked as Feedback-Logged so.

4 hours ago, Mace said:

Possibly some sort of mask for urban vs. rural areas.  Anything in the rural masked area would not get the high-density lighting.

Other simulators have terrain masking systems for traffic density, so theoretically it could be done, I would think.

They use population density right now to apply night lighting, the less dense the less lighting.

It wasn't like that at launch almost every road had the same lighting, it came in a sim update. It's a lot better than it was at launch.

If I could remember what update, I'm sure people have posted comparison pictures on this site in the thread.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's a beta test, holy moly. The bug report thread on the forums has been marked as Feedback-Logged so.

That means practically nothing, "Feedback Logged" was used in previous betas and the bugs/issues are still there today (in SU10 Beta). Sure they are aware of it, doesn't mean it'll get fixed though. Same with "Bug Logged" it means it's simply logged, no idea when a particular bug will get fixed with that tag either.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, MarcG said:
6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

That means practically nothing, "Feedback Logged" was used in previous betas and the bugs/issues are still there today (in SU10 Beta). Sure they are aware of it, doesn't mean it'll get fixed though. Same with "Bug Logged" it means it's simply logged, no idea when a particular bug will get fixed with that tag either.

Sadly that's where I was heading with the comment. I realize it's a beta yes, but once things break it seems to take a long time (many times post beta) or if ever to fix some stuff. Complex program I get it - and my comment was also out of frustration. I'm going to back away a few days just go back to SU9 for a while I think so I can clear my head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

Sadly that's where I was heading with the comment. I realize it's a beta yes, but once things break it seems to take a long time (many times post beta) or if ever to fix some stuff. Complex program I get it - and my comment was also out of frustration. I'm going to back away a few days just go back to SU9 for a while I think so I can clear my head.

The worst thing is the regressions not being fixed, new bugs I can live with, regressive bugs many Sim Updates old are frustrating.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

They updated it to 'bug-logged'. I really hope SU10 wont go live without it fixed...

• Like 1

Roi Ben

SU 10 Beta has already gotten two updates and we're still over a month away from release. Unless they tell you they won't fix it in time, there is no need to panic or be pessimistic.