roi1862

Light pollution is broken in SU10(Beta)

10 minutes ago, Krakin said:

there is no need to panic or be pessimistic

I am neither, just hoping. Hope is a good thing 🙂 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

12 hours ago, Mace said:

Related to this, it would also be nice if the rural roads didn't have street lights on them.  Or at least so many street lights.  It's a small matter though, minor in the overall picture.

So much this. As a rural pilot, I don't even bother flying at night because it's just over-the-top unrealistic. I tried to go in and remove the LM textures for roads, since it would make the area I fly look way more realistic; even in towns, street lights are not that common, and they are definitely not uniformly spaced like in MSFS. Unfortunately I've not found the right file yet. Though now that I think of it, these street lights float above the roads rather than emit from the roads like a typical light map...

Anybody have any ideas how to disable ALL street lights? Surely there's a config file or something where I can just change a 1 to a 0 and turn off the power, LOL.

12 hours ago, Mace said:

Related to this, it would also be nice if the rural roads didn't have street lights on them.  Or at least so many street lights.  It's a small matter though, minor in the overall picture.

Agreed. I'd like to add that we don't need every single football/soccer/baseball or whatever field lit up at night. 😄 or at the same time.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Maybe this is a regression due to the reworking of low level clouds details/rendering (then again, does this problem happen in both live and non-live weather?)... in any case, hopefully something they can fix the before SU10 release to restore the old casting/reflecting/scattering of ground lights on clouds.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I remember lots of complaints about night lighting initially in this, then when significant changes were made people were happier with it.  Bizarre...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I remember lots of complaints about night lighting initially in this, then when significant changes were made people were happier with it.  Bizarre...

Yeah, many people find the whole sepia blob thing acceptable, and always have done..  Or then post a screenshot 1,000 feet AGL and say "This is great! Look how great night lighting is!" Because they aren't able to see more than a few NM anyway.

Is there any way to disable the sepia blobs totally for those of us that would just rather they weren't there?

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

Is there any way to disable the sepia blobs totally for those of us that would just rather they weren't there?

Nope...the only remedy is to fly low.  They become more apparent at airliner altitudes.  I think they are acceptable but need to be pushed further out as you do see that glow in the distance IRL and it does the job pretty well.  I know they had pushed them out a few updates ago but to me it seems the radius has shrunk...

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

20 hours ago, Mace said:

This. It’s not just rural roads either. In the UK and certainly France no major roads have continuous lighting like the sim now provides.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

This. It’s not just rural roads either. In the UK and certainly France no major roads have continuous lighting like the sim now provides.

It’s just a matter of data availability. I’m pretty sure Jörg talked about that already. Eventually will be there, just not yet. There’s a lot to add, actually. “The World is really big”.

I hope to be here for the release of MSFS 2030. 

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

4 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

Try LOD 400 or edit the cfg file to try even higher. FPS not gonna be pretty tho... 

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

Try LOD 400 or edit the cfg file to try even higher. FPS not gonna be pretty tho... 

Yeah appreciate that, but not willing to sacrifice my frames.  I don't need crisp street lights all the way out to the horizon, but I really was hoping by now we could get rid of the sepia blobs.  It still amazes me that with such a beauiful daytime sim, night flying has all these distant blobs considered fine by most people. 

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

Yeah appreciate that, but not willing to sacrifice my frames.  I don't need crisp street lights all the way out to the horizon, but I really was hoping by now we could get rid of the sepia blobs.  It still amazes me that with such a beauiful daytime sim, night flying has all these distant blobs considered fine by most people. 

I don't think most people consider it fine.  Well I guess I can't speak for "most people" but I know a lot of people don't like that and would like to see improvements there.

I think in the short-term the most elegant solution would be to go somewhere in-between sepia blobs and crisp lights to the horizon.  Neither are accurate.  If they could implement a mid-tier level of detail it might 1) look a bit less bad, and 2) eliminate a sharp dividing line between fine detail and distant sepia blobs.

What would be best would be a gradual transition of LOD from crisp to...a blob.  heh.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

17 minutes ago, Mace said:

I don't think most people consider it fine.  Well I guess I can't speak for "most people" but I know a lot of people don't like that and would like to see improvements there.

I think in the short-term the most elegant solution would be to go somewhere in-between sepia blobs and crisp lights to the horizon.  Neither are accurate.  If they could implement a mid-tier level of detail it might 1) look a bit less bad, and 2) eliminate a sharp dividing line between fine detail and distant sepia blobs.

What would be best would be a gradual transition of LOD from crisp to...a blob.  heh.

I don't remember it being so bad in P3D.  Maybe we are spoiled with all the other visuals nowadays.

I guess wherever they are drawing these blobs from, make them slightly higher resolution?