Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

New update out for SU10 Beta

59 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's just silly. It's still a good card. All Nvidia cards come with them now, you can't get cards without RTX support.

Haha I was kidding, not to return all the GPU, only their ornament RT cores inserted.

I can't get into MSFS tonight.  It wants to update to the latest beta, as it says "your game needs an update" on the new little opening screen with the TBM over San Francisco, but it never starts to download, even when pausing / un-pausing it.

I have tried rebooting also.  No security software blocking it.  It constantly reads "0.0 B of 402.1 MB | 0.0 MB/s".  It isn't going anywhere!  

I do keep getting a message saying Microsoft Visual C++2015 UWP desktop runtime package has installed, over and over again - strange. 

I will have to check over at the official forums.

Yep!  Big issue... over at the forums.  Great!  don't know what to do now.  No proper solution as yet.  :sad:

Edit:  What an absolute POS.  Solution below.  Should work for W11 as well.  Too tired to try tonight.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/trying-to-download-games-on-game-pass-but-it-is/d815bf0e-04e2-4a2d-8a2d-9a2d0815c221?page=14

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I just loaded up and flew no problems, again a decent flight with no performance issues whatsoever (and in VR). Seems to be affecting certain users, as ever a gazillion different configurations of PCs will make it hard to track down.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

gazillion different configurations

I believe that you meant a googolplex of different configurations.

sp

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, mpo910 said:

The latest BETA today costs me between 10 and 12 FPS, much higher VRAM and brings stutters with DX12.

More users start reporting this.

Using a i9 10900k

RTX3090

Varjo Aero

No XR Tookit

Windows 11 fresh install 2 days ago

Fresh install MSFS 2 days ago (everything!)

The sim is in VR barely usable this way.

Reported this of course and now hoping to see some feedback and solutions.

10 cores are having verty high spikes!

Marcus

Same outcome here. I have lost around 10-15% with this last update, when compared with the two past versions of th BETA.

My specs:
5950x
32GB DDR4
RTX 3090
Windows 11

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

just installed latest update and panels (WT CJ4 and Longitude) are now white/blank screens but the A/P functions fine

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Apart from the reduction in frames when in VR are any of you also see the sim frame rate tank to about 4 - 6FPS once you opt out of VR & it never recovers? Previously several re sets of VR could improve performance but this never happens now & the sim remains unusable even in 2D mode after this.

I sometimes have to do a reboot to get the sim & VR to work nicely. 

I have a HP Reverb G2.

Haven't seen anybody else comment on this so thought I'd ask first before lodging a report.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

2 hours ago, Rossco said:

Apart from the reduction in frames when in VR are any of you also see the sim frame rate tank to about 4 - 6FPS once you opt out of VR & it never recovers? Previously several re sets of VR could improve performance but this never happens now & the sim remains unusable even in 2D mode after this.

I sometimes have to do a reboot to get the sim & VR to work nicely. 

I have a HP Reverb G2.

Haven't seen anybody else comment on this so thought I'd ask first before lodging a report.

Yes I've had that quite often since SU2, what I do when exiting VR is to close Mixed Reality as well then the system recovers quickly. 

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

23 hours ago, MarcG said:

Yes I've had that quite often since SU2, what I do when exiting VR is to close Mixed Reality as well then the system recovers quickly. 

I do that also however when I re start Mixed Reality it remains virtually unusable with low frame rates & severe stuttering. Once I close the sim down then MR regains it's smoothness & this morning I was able to restart the sim & VR worked fine until I exited again (to test). So for me to have a successful VR session I am unable to exit VR until  I've finished the flight.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

So this morning I finally had time to install the SU 10 Beta. From what I read and heard from user users, I expected to see some improvements regarding FPS and frametimes. However on my machine (AMD 5900x, RTX3080, 32 GB DDR4-3600, UWQHD monitor) I see next to no differences between DX11, DX12, TAA and DLSS. Even switching between the DLSS modes has almost no effect FPS- or frametime-wise (only the displays of course become blurrier).

The only real difference I noticed was that when using DX12 compared to DX11 the CPU frametime gets a little bit lower while the GPU frametime gets noticeably higher. With DX11 I'm usually CPU-limited, with DX12 CPU- and GPU-frametimes are almost on par (GPU-framtime is a little bit higher).

What are the experiences with similar hardware setups?

30 minutes ago, -Belga- said:

So this morning I finally had time to install the SU 10 Beta. From what I read and heard from user users, I expected to see some improvements regarding FPS and frametimes. However on my machine (AMD 5900x, RTX3080, 32 GB DDR4-3600, UWQHD monitor) I see next to no differences between DX11, DX12, TAA and DLSS. Even switching between the DLSS modes has almost no effect FPS- or frametime-wise (only the displays of course become blurrier).

The only real difference I noticed was that when using DX12 compared to DX11 the CPU frametime gets a little bit lower while the GPU frametime gets noticeably higher. With DX11 I'm usually CPU-limited, with DX12 CPU- and GPU-frametimes are almost on par (GPU-framtime is a little bit higher).

What are the experiences with similar hardware setups?

Hi,

I can't see much difference between TAA and DLSS. I have limited the FPS to 30 and only have a drop of 2, 3 or 4 FPS with certain airports (KSFO, KJFK) o very big and detailed cities.

As to DX12, I can see a little better use of the CPU and the FPS are more o less the same, but I have to use DX11 and not DX12 because of the presence of artefacts (they appear with third part add-ons).

Regards.

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 1