Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

New Caravan coming - Black Square steam gauge overhaul

I like it a lot! Everything woks as described and it is really FPS friendly.

One interesting feature i will dig into is this Rnav feature where you can create virtual points around VORs to establish your own route ! Nice.

• Like 1

I picked this up yesterday.  Made a few flights.  I'm impressed with it.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Do you guys know how to point the Black Square version to liveries installed to the Asobo version ?

9 minutes ago, s.mellah said:

Do you guys know how to point the Black Square version to liveries installed to the Asobo version ?

The manual describes how to do this.

17 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Oh yes thank you I missed it. The procedure is too much of hassle for me. I'll skip it.

i tried but did not succeed. Perhaps i need a turboprop brain 🤯

Edited by webstef68

Flew from A to B no problems for about 2 hours.  Plane trims well and flies well.  Defiently feels better than the default.  The GTN 750 is fun to use.  Will be flying this a bit now doing basic commercial regional flights.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:01 AM, JacquesBrel said:

Yea, and I tried to follow it but failed miserably.  I'm hoping some folks create specific paints for it.

LouP

44 minutes ago, LouP said:

Yea, and I tried to follow it but failed miserably.  I'm hoping some folks create specific paints for it.

LouP

I could … so you could also 😄 The easiest way is to first get the fedex livery on flightsim.to because it is the one they named in the procedure. It is then easier to understand…a little bit easier…

5 hours ago, webstef68 said:

I could … so you could also 😄 The easiest way is to first get the fedex livery on flightsim.to because it is the one they named in the procedure. It is then easier to understand…a little bit easier…

Yea, I guess I'm just stupid.  Tried again and still doesn't work and my attempt broke my content manager.

Reading the manual, it sounds like they rely on a freeware mod for better AP functionality over default. That seems like cutting corners. Has anyone put the AP through its paces yet?

Been doing this for awhile and I’m not averse to putting out some effort to make things work but the procedure for installing existing liveries for this mod isn’t reasonable. I don’t know if I can do it or not as I’m not going to spend the time to find out. Maybe I’m getting too old. However I like the product very much and I’m looking forward to the Bonanza.

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

9 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Reading the manual, it sounds like they rely on a freeware mod for better AP functionality over default. That seems like cutting corners. Has anyone put the AP through its paces yet?

Yeah it's good. Did an RNAV and ILS approach no worries. 

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

9 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Reading the manual, it sounds like they rely on a freeware mod for better AP functionality over default. That seems like cutting corners.

I don't see why that is a problem. I didn't know the freeware mod existed. Now I have it installed, and have the benefits of the mod fixing issues with the default AP both in the BlackSquare Caravan and in other aircrafts using the AP.

• Like 3

As far as the repaints, finally got the FedEx repaint that they use as an example working.  However, don't rely on the writing of the example in the manual, there is a spelling error there.

LouP