Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

v1.27.13.0 New beta build today!

4 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I've seen quite a number of others reporting the same thing over at the Microsoft-Asobo site. 

Cheers for that. Couldn't see any mention of it when I checked over there a couple of hours ago. Thought I was doing something stupid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I've seen quite a number of others reporting the same thing over at the Microsoft-Asobo site. 

Thank you. That I am not the only one is strangely comforting. 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Thank you. That I am not the only one is strangely comforting

Some users reported that an older driver was preventing DLSS from showing up. Might be worth a look.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Out of interest, those who don't have the DLSS option while participating in the beta, what GPUs do you have?

1 minute ago, JSmith2112 said:

Some users reported that an older driver was preventing DLSS from showing up. Might be worth a look.

That was going to be my next question 🙂

The only visual issue I have with DLSS in 4K is some fast changing parts of the panel look like they have a motion blur effect in aircraft with digital PFDs, ie the altimeter when I’m climbing or descending rapidly.  It becomes hard to distinguish individual numbers and it looks a bit like a slot machine for lack of a better descriptor.

Other that that it looks great although my performance doesn’t seem a whole lot different than TAA with 70% of 4k resolution.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Out of interest, those who don't have the DLSS option while participating in the beta, what GPUs do you have?

I have a 3070ti.

DLSS has been present for me from the start of the SU10 Beta, and on the update(s). Its only since the 1.27.13.0 update from a few hours ago that it has been missing.

Edited by FishBowlMan
Editied for clarity... and spelling

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

With the DX12 optimizations removed, I've now lost all the performance improvements that came with SU10. 😞

Hmmm absolutely brilliant 👀. I’m not using this much during summer but I was hoping it would be good in time for Autumn. 

edit:- just been reading over the official forums, they disabled some DX12 option, which has ruined it for users with 3090’s. Hmmm. Not something I can agree with. Perhaps a toggle switch for the setting could have been nice (if it was possible). 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

3 minutes ago, FishBowlMan said:

I have a 3070ti.

DLSS has been present for me from the start of the SU10 Beta, and on the update(s). Its only since the 1.27.13.0 update from a few hours ago that it has been missing.

Weird that it was present before...

It seems I can now use DX12 without the strange giant trees showing their ugly face. Also I don't have stutters and low frame panning the view inside the cockpit as I do with DX11. Flight seems smoother too than with DX11. I don't know if the random white flashes I was seeing with DX12 before this update have disappeared or not, I think I saw one briefly but need to test more. But so far seems to be much better than before this update.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

Weird that it was present before...

Yeah its why I wondered if they'd removed from systems that can only run 1920 x 1080.

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

edit:- just been reading over the official forums, they disabled some DX12 option, which has ruined it for users with 3090’s. Hmmm. Not something I can agree with. Perhaps a toggle switch for the setting could have been nice (if it was possible). 

DX12 here, with an RTX 3090.
DLSS is working, no changes so far.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 minutes ago, David Roch said:

DX12 here, with an RTX 3090.
DLSS is working, no changes so far.

Yeah it’s not DLSS, it’s just performance. Isn’t smooth anymore (apparently?) 

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Bad to say but it`s time now to get a new PC..

Unfortunately it's not that easy. With the latest update I'm back to stutters when panning around (DX12). Prior to this it was amazingly smooth. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Unfortunately it's not that easy. With the latest update I'm back to stutters when panning around (DX12). Prior to this it was amazingly smooth. 

Exactly what I’m reading over the other forums. The memory setting they’ve disabled has caused this apparently. Ahhh it’s always so disappointing. 

• Like 2