Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

FS 2 Crew for Fenix A 320

I saw this, this morning. I had FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 back in the day, not sure I will get this for the Fenix, probably watch a demo video first. 

https://fs2crew.com/fs2crew-fenix-a320-released/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If there is ONE thing that would make flying the Fenix utterly boring and predictive, it is FS2Crew. The EXACT same time consuming flow... yikes. Not my cup of tea.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tup61 said:

If there is ONE thing that would make flying the Fenix utterly boring and predictive, it is FS2Crew. The EXACT same time consuming flow... yikes. Not my cup of tea.

That's why I use Multi Crew Experience instead. Works fine with the Fenix (though it is still work in progress).

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I tend to disagree. I believe that’s the purpose of FS2Crew, to simulate an airline environment where everything is standardized and procedurally is the done the same way every flight. But to each his own. 

• Upvote 1

Used their FBW version. Don’t really get the boring part though.. I mean every preflight is basically the same. Checklists should be the same. Isn’t that the whole point of using checklists? I think it greatly enhances the airline experience vs not using it. I’d probably get the Fenix version as well once I get back into airliner flying. 

Oh, I’m sure every once in a while RW airliner pilots go, “let’s spice up the flows, they’re so word not allowed boooring”

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I will wait for some video. They switch from real recorded voices to synthesized voices … need to know how it sounds.

I really want it though

Pierre

• Like 1

I'm watching this closely. It says that it incorporates Simbrief. I'm curious to know then if it can program the EFB and MCDU. It's also nice to see that it can be accessed through the toolbar and used in VR which is most of my flying.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

32 minutes ago, Pochi said:

They switch from real recorded voices to synthesized voices

Seriously? 😮

Yep, starting from the MD80 version but there is only one video from Blackbox711 covering it and he used the italian accent voices which sounds funny and weird.

Can not decide without hearing more but I guess with the Fenix being far more famous that the infamous Maddog, we will have video soon.

Pierre

• Upvote 1

So I just tried it out - I like FS2Crew and it served me very well in FBWA320 but these new voices are "terrible"! (compared to old ones, I know the changes in the checklists etc. are easier because of this but....)
Also the CO flows didn't really work but that's because I (perhaps) did something wrong after not using the tool for so long.
Would have to start the flight from the beginning - but I don't know if I can make friends with the new voices.

Edited by AUA425
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I'll wait for some videos on this one. A decade ago FS2Crew would post videos of their product to show us some of the flows and voices and customization. They've since gone the .jpeg ad banner route. I think with the existence of FSFO it would behoove FS2Crew to put more effort in competition. FSFO actually sets up the MCDU for you. Does the FS2Crew FO?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

44 minutes ago, WestAir said:

FSFO actually sets up the MCDU for you. Does the FS2Crew FO?

Nope... I just checked.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

3 hours ago, AUA425 said:

these new voices are "terrible"!

That’s a pity. I thought the voices in the FBW version were quite good. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, Pochi said:

I will wait for some video. They switch from real recorded voices to synthesized voices … need to know how it sounds.

I really want it though

Pierre

I noticed that too.. I was a big fan or their products in FSX days, had them all. May get one now but have to look at it some more.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I saw this, this morning. I had FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 back in the day, not sure I will get this for the Fenix, probably watch a demo video first. 

https://fs2crew.com/fs2crew-fenix-a320-released/

Check out FSFO first - both products are great.  I have been using the Flight Simulator First Officer (FSFO) with the PMDG 737 for a few weeks.  Works like a charm.  You can configure how much the First Officer does automatically and it works with button or voice.  The developer has been super with communication, bug fixes and new versions.  

Recommended 100%!

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home