Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

MS/Asobo Dev Q&A today Aug 18th

17 minutes ago, enright said:

CU1 stands for “career update 1” and will be a Neofly type of persistent career mode.

I’ve made this prediction about every other surprise announcement and have been proven wrong. I feel good about it this time - sooner or later I will be right! 

I like the idea, but wouldn't that be listed under Major Releases and not World Update?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

22 minutes ago, espent said:

I like the idea, but wouldn't that be listed under Major Releases and not World Update?

I speculate that the new naming will mean that a 'World Update' will be for updates to things like weather / seasons .. where that will affect the entire globe.. one can hope!!

6 minutes ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

I speculate that the new naming will mean that a 'World Update' will be for updates to things like weather / seasons .. where that will affect the entire globe.. one can hope!!

Canada's update is still called World Update XI, so no.

31 minutes ago, espent said:

Hm that's a fair point.

Edited by Tuskin38

Someone mentioned "Continent Update".. maybe a cache of more regional things like coastlines & watermasks, regional updates to autogen from Blackshark, etc?  Fauna?

VINDICATION! Guys, remeber a few months ago when I made a thread saying I think Asobo should make all of the default aircraft study level? Jorg Just said he's open to it, even giving a shout out to the Salty 747 team saying they should chat again. He said as far as he's concerned, they can just take those improvemnts and inject them into the default 747. His only concern would be ensuring that they are constantly updated to avoid them becoming "dead". He said he is surprised people have not reached out to them since all of the planes got decrypted. "Let's make these planes as good as they can be". If the community pushes for it, anything is possible and Jorg has already shown that he is willing to create partnerships with 3pds. I am hopeful!

• Like 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, Krakin said:

His only concern would be ensuring that they are constantly updated to avoid them becoming "dead"

Strange statement. There's nothing more dead than the current A320 Neo and the 747 and the 787. The approach flyback bug hasn't been resolved in 2 years, for example.

I remember also another statement, regarding their deliberate intention to not develop accurate aircraft in order not to "steal" the job from specialized companies. I'm glad that they changed their mind a little 🙂

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

They'd better concentrate on other things like fixing bugs of the core, rather than developing alleged "study level aircraft" 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

They'd better concentrate on other things like fixing bugs of the core, rather than developing alleged "study level aircraft" 

They would not develop anything, just bake into the default aircraft what other developers (WT, FBW, HD, etc.) made. The mods would then update automatically from the content manager and would not appear in the community folder anymore.

• Like 5

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

There's nothing more dead than the current A320 Neo and the 747 and the 787. The approach flyback bug hasn't been resolved in 2 years, for example.

They've been touching those aircraft with almost every Sim Update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

They've been touching those aircraft with almost every Sim Update.

Yeah I was about to say this. Nothing major tho but I think they also know WT will get their mitts on them eventually so there's no point in putting a ton of work into them now.

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

5 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

There's nothing more dead than the current A320 Neo and the 747 and the 787.

Putting aside the fact that there are changes listed for those planes in most updates, the point is that if development is in-house and they make a change that requires modifying one of those planes, doing so is entirely in their control.   If they just bung in something from an uncontracted (or minimally contracted) third party who then disappears and a change needs to be made it can disproportionately increase the workload on them as they figure out what they need to do.    It's a different situation from the kind of thing they have with, say, Working Title.

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 2

The people's flag is deepest red.

15 hours ago, espent said:

Mayyyyybe. But maybe the career updates will be geographical as well, with mission sets focused on specific routes / areas.

Pure speculation BTW. Just having some fun.

They said the CU1 is going to be announced at gamescom, which will be held in Cologne, Germany.

Logical conclusion: CU1 = Cologne Update 1 😉

Ok, just kidding, your guess is as good as mine - or probably even better 😅

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

10 minutes ago, pstrub said:

They said the CU1 is going to be announced at gamescom, which will be held in Cologne, Germany.

Logical conclusion: CU1 = Cologne Update 1 😉

Ok, just kidding, your guess is as good as mine - or probably even better 😅

Well Jorg did say the update would be related to the event, so it may involve Germany somehow. Same as last year, they tried to time the Germany update to release with Gamescom 2021, though I believe it was delayed.

WU1 Japan was announced at the Tokyo Gameshow

Edited by Tuskin38

8 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well Jorg did say the update would be related to the event, so it may involve Germany somehow. Same as last year, they tried to time the Germany update to release with Gamescom 2021, though I believe it was delayed.

WU1 Japan was announced at the Tokyo Gameshow

Yep that's true, your're right. Still I don't think the C in CU1 is for Cologne... CU1 also seems to imply they're planning more CUs in the future, and this doesn't really make sense to me as "Cologne Update 2, 3, etc", even with gamescom being held annually.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600