Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

How to get GA traffic when using AIG, ST, etc. - UPDATED

The original GA traffic mod that this fix used is no longer available. Because of that, I made a mod to add GA traffic and uploaded it to flightsim.to

https://flightsim.to/file/38966/ga-stock-aircraft-traffic

Follow the instructions in that mod to add GA traffic to use alongside AIG, Simple Traffic, etc.

Note: it's only for offline traffic (AIG injected, etc.) and will not work with Live Traffic.

• Like 2

James

Thanks for doing this! If I already have the other version and it's working, would I benefit from making a switch?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

19 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Thanks for doing this! If I already have the other version and it's working, would I benefit from making a switch?

No, I basically did the same thing they did. Decompiled the stock traffic file and removed the commercial traffic from it.

James

Gotcha - thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Installed it and now have some GA traffic but have som AIG airliners flying at 2000 feet!!!

Any solution?

thanks

2 minutes ago, motishow said:

Installed it and now have some GA traffic but have som AIG airliners flying at 2000 feet!!!

Any solution?

thanks

I'm afraid this is due to the sometimes irrational behaviour of MSFS AI traffic. I think the devs at AIG are trying to find a workaround, if I understand correctly. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

That is one of the things Asobo broke many MSFS updates ago and will rely on a fix from them. Stuff like low flying aircraft buzzing the tower, rotating aircraft on the taxiways, slow to depart the runway, etc., etc., etc. are all parts of the broken built-in MSFS stock AI system. There were many hopes before SU10 that at least some of the major problems (low flying aircraft) would be addressed but from the beta reports it doesn't seem that anything with AI was touched. Lets just hope more wasn't broken in the coming SU10 update.

AIG produced a State of the AI Traffic page at http://www.alpha-india.net/2022/05/25/state-of-ai-traffic-in-msfs-update-may-2022/ and although the last update is from May, we are still dealing with the same issues.

James

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

There were many hopes before SU10 that at least some of the major problems (low flying aircraft) would be addressed but from the beta reports it doesn't seem that anything with AI was touched. Lets just hope more wasn't broken in the coming SU10 update.

It's the same in the beta, but thankfully not any worse. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Thunderz said:

Do I still turn off the default traffic file when prompted?

With the mod made by @Phantoms, I believe you don't want to disable default traffic file. 

Also, after SU10, the mod file has most likely been overwritten and you will need to redo this - although I forgot to until now and I seem to be getting both GA and heavy traffic as normal. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

With the mod made by @Phantoms, I believe you don't want to disable default traffic file. 

Sure? I get AIG planes all over the place if I do not manually edit the default traffic.bgl out of the .json file...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

After the SU10 update, have to edit the layout.json again. As far as the default traffic file, if you edited the layout.json as instructed then there's no need to disable that file when AIG ask.

If you did the alternative installation then you need to replace the traffic file with the one from the mod again.

Edited by Phantoms

James

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Sure? I get AIG planes all over the place if I do not manually edit the default traffic.bgl out of the .json file...

Yes but do you get lots of GA traffic too? Or just airliners?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

11 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Yes but do you get lots of GA traffic too? Or just airliners?

Yes, but if I disable the traffic.bgl via .json file, I get (as wanted) only the GA traffic, no airliners anymore. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS