Sign in to follow this  
kkbelos

New SU10 beta now available (build 1.27.17.0)

First load time on the PMDG 737-800 was the usual 7 mins, no change compared to other times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

First load time on the PMDG 737-800 was the usual 7 mins, no change compared to other times.

WOW, that's pretty fast for a recompile. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

If someone can answer why the in sim General Settings reversed to Low many times while the sim is loaded?

thank you

5 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

hitting 75-80fps while flying over the rockies in the 738. Pretty good patch for me

xzR72nx.jpg

qhEZp4Y.jpg

Great to hear, but could you please put your specs into your signature so we could see what you're working with?

• Like 3

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

7 hours ago, David Mills said:

I think you're exactly right. My DX11 is working fantastically now. But DX12, after today's update, is still lacking compared to the initial SU10 beta release, when DX12 was faster and smoother than DX11.

They still not ready with NVIDIA at of yet there isn't the update from NVIDIA for DX12 with this build..

But seems DX11 is beating DX12 at the moment..

cheers 😉

• Like 4

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Release notes:

@MarcG Is always complaining about VR. Maybe he will like this beta update.

Not complaining about VR, complaining about the lacklustre attitude from the developers towards VR 😉

Take this "fixed" bug which is actually a 2 part bug as has been reported multiple times since SU7 when they broke it:
In flight panel window positions are now saved after closing and reopening from the toolbar in VR
The second part to this bug is the Windows not remembering their size, so they've done half a job since they broke them in SU7....9 months ago...!

I mean it's a good start but come on, you break something you fix it sooner rather than later and all of it not some of it. Other than that SU10 brings World Scale, again *finally*, 20 (count them) months after VRs first release for this sim. Other devs with much smaller teams included a World Scale option practically straight away if not a few months later, not nearly two years! Again, great  to finally have it (been using OpenXR Toolkit for months which has this feature anyway) but the attitude is clear from Asobo - Fact is they never wanted VR in the first place, Fact is they didn't know how to code for it as they'd never released a VR title before, Fact is they don't know what they're doing and that's plainly obvious with the "we have a VR Team", "we don't have a VR team", "We have a VR team" to finally "the VR team has been integrated to the main team".....

Yep VR is outstanding at times in this flight sim, I could not ever go back to pancake mode, but it wouldn't hurt to have some attention from the Devs on long lasting bugs, issues and to release more than 2 new features in almost 2 years.

...you'll think twice before tagging me again won't you 😄

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

thats not MS/Asobo's fault, but the 90% of 2D-pancake users:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator: Ten percent play with VR glasses

In the show, "Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator" Jörg Neumann casually mentions an interesting statistic: "We know that ten percent of you play almost exclusively in VR".

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

5 minutes ago, turbomax said:

thats not MS/Asobo's fault, but the 90% of 2D-pancake users:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator: Ten percent play with VR glasses In the show, "Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator" Jörg Neumann casually mentions an interesting statistic: "We know that ten percent of you play almost exclusively in VR".

A general statement without  proof of data or facts plus it was said months ago, Jorg is known for saying pretty things during Q&As whilst smiling at the camera when he doesn't understand stuff, either way the number of users should not affect the outcome especially when they had a "VR team" working on VR...so what were that VR team doing exactly? Practically nothing is the answer.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

12 minutes ago, MarcG said:

A general statement without  proof of data or facts

is that so?

Joerg Neumann interview = without proof of data or facts. hmm, interesting.

not sure if they have Google in your country but "vr & Joerg Neumann" brought up this interview in german:  Joerg Neumann in a twitch-interview.

https://mixed.de/microsoft-flight-simulator-vr-statistik/

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

24 minutes ago, turbomax said:

is that so?

Joerg Neumann interview = without proof of data or facts. hmm, interesting.

not sure if they have Google in your country but "vr & Joerg Neumann" brought up this interview in german:  Joerg Neumann in a twitch-interview.

https://mixed.de/microsoft-flight-simulator-vr-statistik/

I was referring to Jorgs comment not yours 😉

To expand on his comment, as I did back in May when he said it:

On 5/31/2022 at 11:12 AM, MarcG said:

So to dig deeper; Is the 10% from....

• All MSFS users including Xbox, the latter of which of course does not have VR
  • Purely PC users across both MS Store & Steam
  • PC users but on only one platform (MS Store or Steam)

But that is not all, how is the VR number generated;

• From the moment MSFS is fired up and a VR device is already connected
  • From sometime during the Menu screen when VR is enabled by the user
  • From sometime during the Flight when VR is enabled by the user
Edited by MarcG

12 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:
  • HDR still requires the window "fix" to activate

Please elaborate, what is this "fix"?

MSFS through the always online requirement gives them access to usage data like never before: they know exactly which gamer tag flew when, where, how long, crashes, what aircraft, VR or 2D mode, etc etc.

this is a by-product of their bing and server based simulator technology that no other simulator has offered their developers ever before. I assume their marketing makes good use of the data collected, and in a way the customer base benefits as well. otherwise they might come up all of a sudden with a Linux and iOS version. 😊

very nice.

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

Please elaborate, what is this "fix"?

I think he means to press the ALT+ENTER keys to go into the windowed mode...then move the window around a slight bit.

This activates the HDR mode (if you have an HDR monitor and HDR is on). Then, you can press ALT+ENTER to go back into non-window mode.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

55 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

I think he means to press the ALT+ENTER keys to go into the windowed mode...then move the window around a slight bit.

This activates the HDR mode (if you have an HDR monitor and HDR is on). Then, you can press ALT+ENTER to go back into non-window mode.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

That's right. If you're unsure if HDR is active, just check in dev mode. It will display either SDR or HDR in the fps view. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”