Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

msfs newbi help

Hi All.

Well, I've finally given in and bought MSFS 2020 premium delux addition.

It took me about 6 hours to get it onto my machine but here's the bummer. Every time I try to start it, it hangs on searching for updates and does'nt move on. Before coming here I have tried various problem solvers that I researched on line but no joy.

Pleeeease can someone help me with this.

Thank you.

Malcolm Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

The development team just released a new update to the current beta late yesterday. It could be that the servers were just overloaded. When I attempted to update my current version yesterday, the process behaved very oddly. I know you're probably not on the new beta, but I suspect the same servers are involved. The problem you've described is not uncommon at all in times of version transition.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I had the same problem after having left a Beta a few months ago. I solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the sim. I haven’t had the problem ever since. But if it takes you 6 hours to install the sim, I‘d probably wait until somebody comes up with a better solution.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I don't suppose it could be some anti-virus or firewall issue?

By the way, I'm sure I speak for many here that we're very glad you purchased the sim! Once these initial frustrations are overcome, you're going to thoroughly enjoy MSFS.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Hi Malcolm and welcome.  How did you purchase?  Steam or MS Store?  Is it possible something is being prompted to download in the background?  Can you alt-tab and see another window in the background?

Do you have the XBox gaming app or MS Store?  Do either of those show an update pending?

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi again all.

I will check my virus settings David and report back,(I don't use any third party AV just windows own). Hello psolk. I purchased the 10 disk boxed version from aerosoft. Guys, just to let you know I'm 66 and not to tech savy so I may need to be lead along a bit when resolving problems. Sorry about that! psolk can you tell me more about downloading stuff fro the MS Store please. Thanks

• Like 1

Malcolm Hancock

At 66, you're one of the younger members of this forum.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

can you tell me more about downloading stuff fro the MS Store please.

Search for Store in the Windows search window, bottom left on your Windows task bar.

If you go there and choose "Library", again bottom left, you should find that Flight Simulator shows as "owned"

Now, you can go to "get updates" top right and see if there are any ready to install.

• Like 4

Bert

I've always found that this sort of error is overcome by updating it solely from the XBOX App. It seems to connect more reliably to the MS servers.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Fizzelle said:

I've always found that this sort of error is overcome by updating it solely from the XBOX App. It seems to connect more reliably to the MS servers.

Maybe you can provide a step by step tutorial on how to accomplish this.. much like the store tutorial above.. 😉

Bert

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Maybe you can provide a step by step tutorial on how to accomplish this.. much like the store tutorial above.. 😉

Try this first:

Make sure the Xbox Services are running automatically.

In the Windows search bar, type “Services”

Select “Services”

Scroll down to the bottom. Double-click on each entry for Xbox and make sure none of those services are disabled or set to manual. Set everything to “Automatic”.

• Like 1