Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

msfs newbi help

• Like 2

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

5 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Make sure the Xbox Services are running automatically.

not necessary, they are all on Manual (Trigger Start) on my system which runs latest SU10 beta just fine, and never had any problems.

spacer.png

what IS important though is that the Gaming Services are running and show Startup Type "Automatic" as Micko posted above according to that Zendesk article:

gaming-servicesncecq.jpg

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Hi All.

Well I have tried everything you kind people have suggested to me and still MSFS sticks on checking for updates. I was really looking forward to giving this a go and I haven't flown once yet or even glimpsed what it looks like. Any further suggestions would be most welcome. 

Thanks again Guys.

Malcolm Hancock

BT ultra fast fibre optic running at approx 900 mgbts per min. Yes it is in the store in the library. Thanks for coming back Bert.

Edited by rooster hancock 2003

Malcolm Hancock

14 hours ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Hi again all.

I will check my virus settings David and report back,(I don't use any third party AV just windows own). Hello psolk. I purchased the 10 disk boxed version from aerosoft. Guys, just to let you know I'm 66 and not to tech savy so I may need to be lead along a bit when resolving problems. Sorry about that! psolk can you tell me more about downloading stuff fro the MS Store please. Thanks

Because you have the boxed version of MSFS, that version may come with its own issues. I do not own the boxed version, however. I did a quick check at the Aerosoft forums for issues installing the boxed version of MSFS:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/157763-possible-steps-in-case-of-installation-errors/

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155407-before-you-install/

And the overall Aerosoft forum for the boxed version:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/950-installation-and-activation-issues-boxed-version-only/

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Hi abrams_tank. Thank you for your kind research on my behalf. I shall persue this and see where it takes me.

Yes, try all the suggestions in that Aerosoft thread.  If you still can't get it to work after following all the information in that Aerosoft thread, you can file a support ticket with Aerosoft.  Good luck to you!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Create an ISO of your disk1, and store it somewhere in one of your folders, then mount it before you start MFS --> from inside xBox App ( Windows ).

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.Opt

Make sure the last line in the above text file (use notepad to read it) is the same as the path shown at the bottom of the 'Checking For Updates' window of MSFS when you boot up MSFS.

In my UserCfg.Opt file last line looks like this because I installed MSFS into C:\msfs2020 folder. 

InstalledPackagesPath "C:\msfs2020"

If the file last line, and the MSFS update window path at the bottom of the screen do not match, the checking for updates can get lost. But it will start to install the whole 10 discs again if you change the path to an empty folder. So don't do that. Just change the last line in the UserCfg.Opt file to where MSFS is already installed. But ask here an exact question before you do that, or it might insist on a complete reinstallation of all the discs again.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Well I have tried everything you kind people have suggested to me and still MSFS sticks on checking for updates.

and this one? you didn't say if you can see MSFS in your Microsoft store app?

No content in Microsoft Store - Installation and Activation issues (boxed version only) - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

" I discovered a second account I made, years ago. (I think I used it for activating Windows 7 and then I forgot about it.)
But this second account was apparently used when I redeemed my MSFS. On my 'new' computer with the new Windows, I used a new account, that's why the Microsoft Store stayed empty. 
After some puzzling I got the old one running again and going to the Store with thàt account solved my problem! "

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

9 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

yes it is in the Microsoft store app.

i am sorry to hear your issue, but the disc version is the worst choice to get.

you can tryout for 1 month on the gamepass.  but for newcomers i recommend the steam version.