Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

msfs newbi help

Hi Malcolm, sorry for the delayed response.  Sadly I fear the discs are what are throwing most of us off here as we only know the download versions.  Was there an activation process with the discs?

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

yes it is in the Microsoft store app.

you should also check the other issue I mentioned: multiple, missing or false Microsoft accounts will cause such problems.

also make sure your pc shows correct current date & time. if these are wrong, anything that deals with authentication/credentials may fail.

"I discovered a second account I made, years ago. (I think I used it for activating Windows 7 and then I forgot about it.)"

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Hi Paul. Yes there is an activation code with the disc's which I understand can only be used once so I'm concerned that if I try to start again I could be up the creek without a paddle! Just to confirm turbomax I do not have ay duplicate microsoft accounts but thanks for the thought.

Edited by rooster hancock 2003

Malcolm Hancock

1 hour ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Hi Paul. Yes there is an activation code with the disc's which I understand can only be used once so I'm concerned that if I try to start again I could be up the creek without a paddle! Just to confirm turbomax I do not have ay duplicate microsoft accounts but thanks for the thought.

You redeemed the code the first time you installed MFS 2020, and that's the correct procedure.

Just as I did, threw away all of the disks less the ISO of DISK1 and have reinstalled MFS a few times using this same procedure 🙂

The only thing that you have to make sure is that when you login to the Store and start the installation process you do it using the very same account you used to redeem the code the first time.

Then, after logging in to your MS account Store area, find the "Library" icon in the lower part of the left tab of the Store App, click on it, navigate to the correct version of MSF 2020 you purchased ( I guess the Standard one ? ) and double click on it.... A new interactive window will open showing you the INSTALL option.

If the disk1 ISO is not mounted it'll ask you to do so during  the install process.

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

11 hours ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

BT ultra fast fibre optic running at approx 900 mgbts per min. Yes it is in the store in the library. Thanks for coming back Bert.

OK, that sounds positive... any updates available in the store?

Bert

BTW, that Zendesk checklist posted earlier, with logging out, rebooting, logging in Store and XBox may seem tedious, but can actually break the logjam, along with verifying the date and time on your PC.  Something trivial is preventing you from moving forward here... and I have been through similar frustrating experiences with MS + Store + XBox + Asobo authentication issues..

Hang in there!  It will suddenly work 🙂

Bert

Don't forget about the time and date in Windows. It must be correct to boot up MSFS (believe it or not). In addition to booting MSFS as administrator, try booting it without being administrator.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If the update starts to download something and then hangs up, then removing the update file that is listed as being downloaded from off the hardisk will often free up a stuck update. But it sounds like in your case the update won't even start to download the first file, which is another issue.

For a couple months about  one time in ten I had to remove fs-base-nav folder from inside the folder inside the Official folder to my desktop for safekeeping in order to make MSFS bootup. That issue stopped when I upgraded to the beta. But I'm not sure if a new installation even has that fs-base-nav folder created yet however.

An internet connection that is too fast can choke updates from downloading. I have to slow down my internet connection sometimes to clear the blocked update process.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hi jcomm.

I have followed your instructions regarding downloading from my Microsoft store account. When I click on it, it asks me for my install path,(in my case D drive) and then install. When I click on that nothing seems to be happening! Any further thoughts please.

Malcolm Hancock