Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It'll display the 750 mod on the lower "thingy" (name escapes me at the moment"). And you wont have to reselect the pms 750 every time from the tablet. 

ok got it (but even with the mod U can still disable the 750 from the tablet I think) - but by "thingy" assume you mean the x2 slots for the garmin's - I would have thought the top one would have to be 750 due to its size? noticed underneath there was a smaller unit but did not check the type...

I have embarked on my round the globe FSE trip with the PC-12. Over the past month I have flown 51 legs for a total of 13,398nm. I departed Perth Australia, flew across the south coast into Tasmania, back up to the north end of the Gold Coast, across to NZ via Lord Howe Island, down to Queensland NZ, back up and out to New Caledonia and am now as far as Jakarta. I’m of the opinion this is the perfect plane for this type of trip. Cruising at 250kts is “just about right” for this old pilot. Slow enough to enjoy the scenery and fast enough not to get boring. Of the 51 legs, I have had about five legs where the stuttering upon landing was quite noticeable, even at remote airports. I sport an Intel I7 cpu 2 years old and a 2080Ti 13g, 32MB memory. Twice the batteries have drained and avionics shut down. I most always have to apply significant trim up at takeoff and a few times had to literally fight the yoke to stay airborne. I tend to stay with and fly many hours in an aircraft I enjoy. I have 2500 hours logged in my DC3. I like this aircraft. It’s comfortable to fly. You have to learn it’s quirks, and there certainly are some. I’m still trying to get all the various VOR knobs and buttons sorted out to do old school VOR navigation. I have the TDS GTNXi installed on a second monitor by removing the Community Folder entry. I use a GoFlight MCP Pro. I get heading control with it. I DO NOT get altitude control. I get course control for the ILS green arrows, but not GPS blue. All AP buttons function. I can program a button on my TM MCD’s to get an altitude hold, VS ENG, via FSUIPC7, but I cannot find an event or an Lvar for the arm button. Is someone knows that offset, would appreciate a sharing. Also, no Inert Sep button. All lights, battery, gen and avionics switches program to buttons. De Icing is a mixed bag. One last item; I cannot get the GTN750 to see a flight plan from Simbrief. I point my downloader to what the manual told me down into the ProgramData folder. The files are there, yet the 750 catalog will not see them. Am I doing something wrong here? AM most definitely getting my 25 bucks worth. If SWS comes along and makes a much better one, I’ll be all cheered up. I’m learning Pilot 2 ATC with ATC Chatter and found it much easier to install and use that what I expected. REALLY makes a difference.

@Radial9 Great to hear success stories! Currently working on a detailed de-icing video for the PC-12. I am sure you know the ice control systems inside out now! BTW cool avatar. This video may interest you:

Wright Brothers Remastered Rare Photos - Kill Devil Hills Historical Flight in Flight Simulator - 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJB9lOLoa4&t=1s

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Laurie... another outstanding video production. You exhibit a real talent there sir. In this day and age of editing that moves faster than a runaway freigh train it's "comforting" to watch a video that let's the old noodle absorb what is actually being seen before your brain has to do a backflip for the next set of pixels. I've tried to make it to the site three times over the past 10 years since being in the southeast, and each time "something" has popped up to derail the sidetrip on the way to somewhere else. I think I just need to make Kill Devil Hills THE destination and just do it!  Thanks for the inspiration. Cheers.

• Like 1

Just excellent. Thanks for putting this together.

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

3 hours ago, Doering said:

This video may interest you:

and this book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_by_Contract

The authors of the book offer evidence which they assert shows that the Smithsonian deliberately ignored Whitehead's aeronautical work in order not to violate the agreement with the Wright estate. The net result, they allege, made Whitehead a virtual nonentity in aviation history."[1] They and other researchers argue that Whitehead made the first successful airplane flight in August 1901, predating the Wright brothers by more than two years.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

With winter just around the corner, we review the Pilatus PC-12 ice control systems and complete a demonstration flight from Montreal to Ottawa in moderate to severe icing. Flight into known icing (FIKI) conditions requires FAA aircraft certification.

Timestamps: Introduction 0:10 Flight Into Known Icing (FIKI) 2:24 Ice Control Systems 2:28 De-Icing Boots 2:47 Propeller Heat 3:35 Probe Heat 3:57 Summary of Ice Control Systems 4:34 Icing Demonstration 4:51 Departure 5:12 Level at 3,000' MSL 5:58 Time Lapse Ice Removal 7:07 Landing ILS RWY 32 CYOW 8:00

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

On 10/19/2022 at 5:32 AM, Radial9 said:

One last item; I cannot get the GTN750 to see a flight plan from Simbrief. I point my downloader to what the manual told me down into the ProgramData folder. The files are there, yet the 750 catalog will not see them. Am I doing something wrong here?

Assuming you created a "gfp" file and placed it in the right folder, you then have to use the following commands in the GTN:

FPL / Menu / Catalogue / Menu / Import  to see and load the flightplan.  😉

Bert

5 hours ago, Doering said:

With winter just around the corner, we review the Pilatus PC-12 ice control systems and complete a demonstration flight from Montreal to Ottawa in moderate to severe icing. Flight into known icing (FIKI) conditions requires FAA aircraft certification.

Timestamps: Introduction 0:10 Flight Into Known Icing (FIKI) 2:24 Ice Control Systems 2:28 De-Icing Boots 2:47 Propeller Heat 3:35 Probe Heat 3:57 Summary of Ice Control Systems 4:34 Icing Demonstration 4:51 Departure 5:12 Level at 3,000' MSL 5:58 Time Lapse Ice Removal 7:07 Landing ILS RWY 32 CYOW 8:00

I see what you did there😉