Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

12 hours ago, Pepsimachine said:

Having the same issue. Any luck?

Not so far. I've run MSFS with all third-party addons removed and all nothing changed.

I'm going to wait and see if Carenado release a patch for other issues and what effect, if any, that has before doing much more.

Hi. I'm having the same problem and no solution found.

Whats curious, when pressing the test button they do appear for some milliseconds. 🤔

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

Based on FlightLevel's video and because I was slightly bored with the sim planes, I decided to shell out the 25 smackers for this bird in the market place. 

I am not disappointed. As usual, Carenado met my already extremely low expectations.

Visually the plane is fine, but nothing to write home about. In this regard Carenado has pretty much lost the edge, simply because the default airplanes already look so good. 

The avionics are basic, I immediately replaced them with the PMS50 GTN 750 and JayDee's mods, to use the lower instrument as a combo setup. 

Following FlightLevel's videos, I managed just fine, though I suspect that, with the exception of having to pull the fuel lever, you could probably press any button in any sequence, and the plane would fire up just fine. 

Takeoff felt extremely sluggish. At 50% fuel and with only 2 passengers at 180 lbs each and 100 lb luggage, I used almost all of the available runway at LSZC, 2000 feet, before being able to achieve rotation speed. 

Taxi is uneventful, except, the plane accelarates quickly on its own, and you have to constantly tap the brakes - apparently the real thing does this as well but allows use of beta range, which Carenado hasn't modeled. 

Door open and close, it has a few other bits and pieces hanging off of the plane if you press the relevant buttons on the - very basic and sluggish - flight pad. 

However, I'm encountering one major problem: upon take off the plane nose dives no matter how hard I hit the trim up button on my yoke - do the trim settings need to be adjusted on the lower pedestal? They seem to be in the green by default.....

Overall, a thoroughly mediocre airplane, neither particularly good nor spectacularly bad. Is it worth the 25 bucks? Well, yes, in the sense that 2 burgers, 2 shakes, and two fries are worth what you pay for them at McD's.

Not recommended if you're expecting a nicely rendered PC-12 that hits all the numbers. 

Recommended if you're bored and need another plane to waste time with. 

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Based on FlightLevel's video and because I was slightly bored with the sim planes, I decided to shell out the 25 smackers for this bird in the market place. 

I am not disappointed. As usual, Carenado met my already extremely low expectations.

Visually the plane is fine, but nothing to write home about. In this regard Carenado has pretty much lost the edge, simply because the default airplanes already look so good. 

The avionics are basic, I immediately replaced them with the PMS50 GTN 750 and JayDee's mods, to use the lower instrument as a combo setup. 

Following FlightLevel's videos, I managed just fine, though I suspect that, with the exception of having to pull the fuel lever, you could probably press any button in any sequence, and the plane would fire up just fine. 

Takeoff felt extremely sluggish. At 50% fuel and with only 2 passengers at 180 lbs each and 100 lb luggage, I used almost all of the available runway at LSZC, 2000 feet, before being able to achieve rotation speed. 

Taxi is uneventful, except, the plane accelarates quickly on its own, and you have to constantly tap the brakes - apparently the real thing does this as well but allows use of beta range, which Carenado hasn't modeled. 

Door open and close, it has a few other bits and pieces hanging off of the plane if you press the relevant buttons on the - very basic and sluggish - flight pad. 

However, I'm encountering one major problem: upon take off the plane nose dives no matter how hard I hit the trim up button on my yoke - do the trim settings need to be adjusted on the lower pedestal? They seem to be in the green by default.....

Overall, a thoroughly mediocre airplane, neither particularly good nor spectacularly bad. Is it worth the 25 bucks? Well, yes, in the sense that 2 burgers, 2 shakes, and two fries are worth what you pay for them at McD's.

Not recommended if you're expecting a nicely rendered PC-12 that hits all the numbers. 

Recommended if you're bored and need another plane to waste time with. 

Hey look we agree for once haha!

They definitely should have not released it in this state.  

They should look to FSW and their amazing C414 for texture standards.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@Ricardo41 Welcome to the wild side! Not so bad after all. If the external textures are a 10/10, I’d give the internal textures 8/10. I’m doing a video comparing published POH landing and takeoff distances to the sim.  Centennial airport in Denver at 5,800’ matches the detailed published examples almost spot on.  I can let the cat out of the bag and tell you that the model needs ~ 300 extra feet on rollout with a 15 degree flap setting.

Yes, you need to set more up trim on takeoff (beyond default settings at startup) or you will need to apply more back pressure on the yoke to offset the initial nose pitch down. Once in a good climb you will have to re trim.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I gotta disagree, the Carenado PC-12 interior still looks better than any default plane from MS/Asobo.

The visuals are top notch, that's where Carenado shines.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

I gotta disagree, the Carenado PC-12 interior still looks better than any default plane from MS/Asobo.

The visuals are top notch, that's where Carenado shines.

Yes, definitely agree that the PC-12 interior is better than default interiors! 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Works well for the first hour or so...then framerates drop to the single digits and everything turns into a slide show - this is with  nanovg on.....

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Works well for the first hour or so...then framerates drop to the single digits and everything turns into a slide show - this is with  nanovg on.....

Yep.  I'm presuming a lot of the YouTube people aren't trying it for very long.  I measured the time things go to heck and it does vary but it's usually after 30min or so.  One time it was okay until 1 hour 5 minutes.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yup, looks to me a lot of youtubbers don't actually do flights over 30 minutes, so they don't encounter this bug.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, Matchstick said:

a problem in the SU10 Beta with none of the Engine or Fuel Instruments displaying the white arc segments but I'm not sure if it's a  general problem with SU10 or just something weird with my copy (reporting the problem to Carenado didn't produce anything

I have seen this issue, too, after installing SU10.  I tried turning off NanoVG (in the Experimental menu) and the arcs returned.  This setting is not retained after reloading the sim, however, defaulting to ON every time (apparently settings in the Experimental menu are not saved after exiting the sim).

Edited by RickY

14 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yup, looks to me a lot of youtubbers don't actually do flights over 30 minutes, so they don't encounter this bug.

I often fly 1-2 hour flights with the PC12 and have never encountered this bug.  I do power off the Avidyne system before each flight so perhaps that is the reason.  I also start my flight on the runway with the engine running.

Edited by northtexas

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:24 PM, northtexas said:

I often fly 1-2 hour flights with the PC12 and have never encountered this bug.  I do power off the Avidyne system before each flight so perhaps that is the reason.  I also start my flight on the runway with the engine running.

Please let us know what happens when you start C+D.