Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

Wrong thead

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The fact that this thread has now fallen to p. 5 is a good indication of the value of the addon. 

Anyways, did a few more flights and experienced the following issues, in addition to the loss of fps after about an hour or so. 

1) Batteries dead, all avionics turn off.

2) I tried to descend at 1500 fpm, with the throttle pulled all the way back, speed in the green --> Plane disintegrated.

I'm downgrading my opinion of this aircraft from mediocre to word not allowed. 

$25 wasted. I feel like the guy who continues to date his girlfriend, even though she already cheated on him, like, 50 times. 

I glanced at their facebook page and folks report the issues I mentioned. --> needless to say, lots of shill posts and denials from Carenado ("please send us a video of your issues, because we are not seeing this on our end, and you're

the first to report it.") 

Yarite, I'm gonna waste precious moments of my time making a "video". Lol. 

I'm gonna put the following sign on my desk, as a constant reminder:

1) Carenado planes are strictly there for the visuals.

2) Flight modeling and systems are only remotely related to the actual airplane the addon is supposed to refer to

3) Getting things to a more accurate state requires massive intervention by knowledgeable users

4) At best, you have default avionics or have to add your own (GTN 750, etc.)

5) Carenado will release a small patch, then another even smaller one --> then this plane is done

6) There is no "Carenado support"

7) Carenado planes work best when you start them all engines running and then abandon the flight midair after doing some sightseeing. 

And most importantly:

Only buy addons, especially aircraft, from quality developers who stand behind their product, issue fixes in a timely manner, and don't engage in a "dance of denial and blame" when customers point out issues

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

7) Carenado planes work best when you start them all engines running and then abandon the flight midair after doing some sightseeing. 

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

$25 wasted. I feel like the guy who continues to date his girlfriend, even though she already cheated on him, like, 50 times. 

3) Getting things to a more accurate state requires massive intervention by knowledgeable users

I'm not experiencing any of the issues you're referencing after a good forty hours of flight. I'm truly enjoying learning to fly this aircraft.

$25 well spent. I had a girlfriend like that as a younger man. But wowww....was she good.

After reading thousands of posts here over the years I have noticed a correlation between the amount of "fixed, tweaks, enhancements, useless community folder folders,add on helpers, utilities and ssouped up snake oil and user experiences. "Intervention" appears to be a high unknown variable in the equation.

Edited by Radial9

@Ricardo41 Sorry to hear about your girlfriend scenario! Not sure what time zone you are in, but the timing of your post is 4AM my time. Hope you are rested when flying.

I have had the avionics die due to dead batteries after a flight that exceeded well more than an hour. The a/c does pitch down a few degrees when engaging the AP. If you are ready for the nose down attitude all is good with a brief elevator correction. These are the only two issues for me.

All my aircraft are flown default with no interventions, tweaks or mods except the addition of the PMS50 GTN750.

Working on a Teterboro video with the PC-12. IMC flight - RWY 19 ILS approach hand flown to minimums with no issues. The avionics are in complete harmony with my ForeFlight app that I run on my iPad to cross check distances, heights and speeds. A very exciting 1/2 hour flight departing from Long Island over to New Jersey.

For those interested, fly from KISP direct to WAMUV and then pick up the RWY19 ILS approach beginning at STRAD into KTEB.

I do hope the patch is issued soon to resolve the reported issues that some experience.

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

1 hour ago, Doering said:

@Ricardo41 Sorry to hear about your girlfriend scenario! Not sure what time zone you are in, but the timing of your post is 4AM my time. Hope you are rested when flying.

Ha ha, no worries, I live in Northern Europe. No flying at 4 a.m.

Flew last night and it sounded like the plane had a hybrid-turbine-piston engine. Not a good sound. A little searching turns up a "sound bug" that inherits the sounds of nearby planes, seems really weird. Is there a fix for this?

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I glanced at their facebook page and folks report the issues I mentioned. --> needless to say, lots of shill posts and denials from Carenado ("please send us a video of your issues, because we are not seeing this on our end, and you're

the first to report it.") 

Yarite, I'm gonna waste precious moments of my time making a "video". Lol. 

I'm gonna put the following sign on my desk, as a constant reminder:

1) Carenado planes are strictly there for the visuals.

2) Flight modeling and systems are only remotely related to the actual airplane the addon is supposed to refer to

4) At best, you have default avionics or have to add your own (GTN 750, etc.)

5) Carenado will release a small patch, then another even smaller one --> then this plane is done

6) There is no "Carenado support"

And most importantly:

Only buy addons, especially aircraft, from quality developers who stand behind their product, issue fixes in a timely manner, and don't engage in a "dance of denial and blame" when customers point out issues

Including your points I've noticed another issue: When hitting the approach button, its as if the plane gets overloaded and FPS drops significantly and doesn't recover until you restart the plane. The whole ILS was a stutter fest all the way. I tested again with no PG etc

This plane is pretty bad. At this point, I am crossing Carenado off the list of developers (I have a decent list haha) I will buy from again.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

3 hours ago, Khashoggi said:

Flew last night and it sounded like the plane had a hybrid-turbine-piston engine. Not a good sound. A little searching turns up a "sound bug" that inherits the sounds of nearby planes, seems really weird. Is there a fix for this?

Yeah I had that too.  Something to do with AI sounds mixing.  Use this fix.  You may have to make your own PC12 mod.  I'm away from my PC right now but I did one so I can send it to you later

https://flightsim.to/file/31619/ccm-s-carenado-sound-deadening-mod

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 10/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, Radial9 said:

$25 well spent. I had a girlfriend like that ... But wowww....was she good.

only $25?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 10/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, Doering said:

I do hope the patch is issued soon to resolve the reported issues that some experience.

I highly doubt it. 

They'll release a "patch", alright, whether said patch is going to fix any of the listed major issues is anyone's guess. I, for one, am not holding my breath. 

just got this and everytime i start a flight my garmin (top panel) is stuck on initializing with the garmin splash screen - how can I reset fix this? also does it work with the 750?

1 hour ago, mac44 said:

just got this and everytime i start a flight my garmin (top panel) is stuck on initializing with the garmin splash screen - how can I reset fix this? also does it work with the 750?

Yes, it works with the 750. If you use the PMS50, make sure you have the latest version.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

2 minutes ago, Doering said:

Yes, it works with the 750. If you use the PMS50, make sure you have the latest version.

ok will check I have the latest version as I do have the pms50......

also how do you enable the 750 on the panel?(or cycle the options)