Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

Looks like the Carenado PC12 is out for MSFS. 

Microsoft Flight Simulator released the Carenado PC12 in the in-sim marketplace today. The Carenado PC12 is a single-engine, low-wing, multi-mission utility aircraft from Switzerland’s Pilatus Aircraft that is crewed by one or two and can seat up to nine passengers. Pilatus began the Carenado PC12 project in the late 1980s, focusing primarily on the business market to create a long-range, efficient transport aircraft with a comfortable, large, pressurized cabin. It took its first flight on May 31, 1991 and went into broader service in 1994. More than 1,700 aircraft have been produced, making it the most successful aircraft in its single-engine, turbine-powered class.

News Aritcle: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/09/01/microsoft-flight-simulator-carenado-pc12/

Video: 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Looking forward to this, thanks for the heads up

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

Goll dang it I have to work!!!

*Cough cough I'm sick*

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Curious to see if this is any good. Ah, who am I kidding… Carenado.

Hey! Come on Chapstick!  Please don't start with that elitism/sim snobbery when Carenado's name is involved again.  It isnt a good look, and it is getting a bit tired now.

If someone does jump on your bandwagon I will be surprised if they even bought and tried a Carenado lately.

We all know the market Carenado aim for, and at the price, they are reasonably good.  The Mooney, C337, and Seneca have all been great for me.  It is also optional to buy it or not or course! :smile:

I will go as far as to say I enjoy some of the Carenado aircraft more than the JF Arrows - they don't leave my hangar much anymore.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 5

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 minutes ago, EGLD said:

am I being dense - is there a tablet clickspot somewhere?

ok, you need to click it, it's in the co-pilot's "magazine" holder thing

• Like 1

Thank you for that @EGLD - the aircraft looks stunning but the documentation is to Carenado's normal (lacklustre) standard.

Still at £20.99 it's a bargain compared to the P3D version

Edited by TonyD
  • Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

I must admit it's tempting. But I think I'll wait for SWS .Don't really need another one from puppy mill factory

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I must admit it's tempting. But I think I'll wait for SWS .Don't really need another one from puppy mill factory

Lol, I'm waiting to see what people think of it. Not purchased from them for 5 years or so, but if they've improved I'd consider it....

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

Anyone here know how to set a VS velocity?  I can set IAS using the touch controls but it escapes me for VS velocity?  Is it even possible or can you only engage VS to command a specific pitch hold?

EDIT:  NM  Velocity Selector is chosen by pushing the small “set” button on the altitude selection gadget just to the 1:00 O’Clock off the HSI

TIA,

-B

Edited by btacon

10 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Lol, I'm waiting to see what people think of it. Not purchased from them for 5 years or so, but if they've improved I'd consider it....

G

The reviews will be out soon.  Their Aircraft can vary a bit in quality, but then again I even took their old C182 for a spin the other day, and it really wasn't  that bad with the WT G100NXi in it.  I flew in it for hours, it handled well, looked great and had no bugs.  It was a total a delight to fly.  A lot of people rate the Seminole as well as the other models I mentioned above.

• Like 2

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.