Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

Welp engine tuners can have at it now...

• The encryption of cfg files for premium and deluxe planes as been removed so the behavior of those aircraft can be modded.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Welp engine tuners can have at it now...

• The encryption of cfg files for premium and deluxe planes as been removed so the behavior of those aircraft can be modded.

I assume this is default aircraft and not third party though.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I assume this is default aircraft and not third party though.

You know what I automatically thought marketplace, true.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Has anyone tried the PC-12 in SU10 yet and if they have can they say if everything worked properly with the engine display panel ?

6 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Has anyone tried the PC-12 in SU10 yet and if they have can they say if everything worked properly with the engine display panel ?

It needs a patch still.  The plane still has low fps after a while and all the bugs associated with the release.  (Battery drain, airspeed indicator reading low, tds integration broken not showing cdi deviation to the right of course)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

It needs a patch still.  The plane still has low fps after a while and all the bugs associated with the release.  (Battery drain, airspeed indicator reading low, tds integration broken not showing cdi deviation to the right of course)

I've had a problem in the SU10 Beta with none of the Engine or Fuel Instruments displaying the white arc segments but I'm not sure if it's a  general problem with SU10 or just something weird with my copy (reporting the problem to Carenado didn't produce anything other than a reply that they don't support beta versions - which is of course completely missing the point of why a user is telling you there's a problem with your product on the beta)

spacer.png

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

@Matchstick Gave the PC-12 a whirl last night with the new clouds and SU 10 and the engine gauges were showing the white arcs correctly.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

29 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I've had a problem in the SU10 Beta with none of the Engine or Fuel Instruments displaying the white arc segments but I'm not sure if it's a  general problem with SU10 or just something weird with my copy (reporting the problem to Carenado didn't produce anything other than a reply that they don't support beta versions - which is of course completely missing the point of why a user is telling you there's a problem with your product on the beta)

spacer.png

Hmmm I do see the engine gauges.  Tried a temp clear community folder (or rename yours as a backup) or use addon linker?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yep, tried all that during the beta when the PC-12 first came out - guess I'll have to try again and remove absolutely everything, including optional core content.

12 minutes ago, Doering said:

@Matchstick Gave the PC-12 a whirl last night with the new clouds and SU 10 and the engine gauges were showing the white arcs correctly.

Cheers, back to digging into the problem then.

Yeah, Carenado is aware of the battery issues, FPS loss but keep saying a fix is in the works. It's really annoying as I like their products despite a great deal of high fidelity aircraft I own. The PC12 doesn't seem like it was properly tested with a beta team. After uninstalling any mods (include JayDee gns mods, or the marketplace Nxi) I noticed the battery drain issue went away but the performance loss was awful after about an hour of flight. I even had the Avidyne switched off.

Oh well. A lot of us have several planes to fly in the meantime for a fix.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Leaving aside of how one feels about Carenado's planes, I have to give a big thumbs up to FlightLevel's video tutorials. 

This is how tutorials should be: following real-life procedures as closely as possible, easy to understand, everything is clearly stated with properly applied highlights and texts.

In addition, the videos are short and concise, with no clickbaity rubbish added. Also love the time stamps.  Time stamps allow easy review of sections, without having to play wack-a-mole with the cursor to find
what you are looking for. 

Everything is lean and clean. 

All killer, no filler!

I have developed a dislike for youtubbers who rush out these so-called "review videos" practically within hours of the release - since many tubbers lack knowledge of procedures and avionics, this more often than not leads to confusion - is this a bug, procedural error, or is this how the real thing works?

I'm glad that the old-fashioned tutorial video still survives. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

@Ricardo41 Thanks very much for your comments! Deeply appreciated! The points you made are exactly what I strive for! 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

On 9/22/2022 at 10:32 AM, Matchstick said:

spacer.png

Having the same issue. Any luck?