Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

I am still constantly getting repeating beep sounds on climb out, no mater if I use VS or IAA or even when handflying the departure...  I do not understand how to solve this or what I´m doing wrong....  😕

7 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

It gives us something to look forward to 😄

Hopefully, I'm still consuming oxygen when that revolution finally occurs. 😉.

Regards, Kendall

14 minutes ago, michap7 said:

I am still constantly getting repeating beep sounds on climb out, no mater if I use VS or IAA or even when handflying the departure...  I do not understand how to solve this or what I´m doing wrong....  😕

Are they marker or nav morse sounds?   Seems to me I read somewhere on the dev forums about sounds not turning off after a sim event was called and was suspected of chewing up memory.......spitballing here, of course.

Edited by irocx

Regards, Kendall

4 minutes ago, irocx said:

Are they marker or nav morse sounds?   Seems to me I read somewhere on the dev forums about sounds not turning off after a sim event was called and was suspected of chewing up memory.......spitballing here, of course.

Ah, ok. No, it seems to be the same sound as the altitude alert but constantly repeating....

2 hours ago, michap7 said:

Are you within torque and ITT limits?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

Are you within torque and ITT limits?

You could be on to something there.  When I get the warning beeps I cut back a bit on power, or prop, or both, and the bleeping sound goes.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

41 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

You could be on to something there.  When I get the warning beeps I cut back a bit on power, or prop, or both, and the bleeping sound goes.

Ok, thank you, I´ll give it a try - but I think I was within the limits and reducing power unfortunately did not stop the sound....   

Edited by michap7
  • Like 1

I've also bought it and experienced the memory leak for real... 7 fps...🤢

I started switching of each AV bus. I ended up with switching off the Avidyne system (by clicking on the PWR button. It restored a lot a of frame rates. Guess that the source of the memory leak. 

4 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

I've also bought it and experienced the memory leak for real... 7 fps...🤢

I started switching of each AV bus. I ended up with switching off the Avidyne system (by clicking on the PWR button. It restored a lot a of frame rates. Guess that the source of the memory leak. 

That seems to be at least part of the problem as it is being discussed on other forums as well. We do need to report this to "Carenado Support" which has at times been an oxymoron!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Video 1 - Cold and dark startup.

Timestamps:

Introduction and Performance 0:07

Cold and Dark Startup 2:56

Before Engine Starting 3:02

Engine Starting 5:06

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Thanks very much for this great video/tutorial.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Here is an FPS fix for everyone should net you about 15 FPS 

• Like 4

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

18 hours ago, helberger said:

Thanks very much for this great video/tutorial.

Thanks! As an addendum to the video:

IMPORTANT NOTE : The 2 red shutoff handles on the back of the center console between the seats must be down. The cold and dark state loads with the FUEL Emergency Shut Off handle PULLED. This handle must be down to start the engine 😉

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Stunning visual quality as usual from Carenado, but the plane is terribly underpowered in takeoff/climb.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I give up. Had a series of relatively short hops planned for today and tomorrow. But the stuttering is too much. Abandoning the PC-12 until, one day, if we are fortunate, Carenado addresses the glaring shortcomings of what, despite being hyped for many months, is yet another rushed product. 🥵