Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

31 minutes ago, badgenes said:

As an SWS Kodiak owner who has been waiting for floats that were projected for 2/2022 I'm curious if anyone has concrete news on their PC-12 development progress.  If there hasn't been much in the way of publication then given the delay on adding floats to the Kodiak I am not holding my breath for their PC-12 release before next year.  However I would be happily disabused of this outlook...

I'd love to be proved wrong but I'd bet the sws PC12 won't be out this year.  After being a beta tester with a few devs for the last 2 decades, devs tend to miss release dates hehe.  Plus if you have good testers they keep finding bugs hehe.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 9/1/2022 at 5:33 PM, bobcat999 said:

Of course, as a Carenado it looks superb inside and out.

It's a winner for me, and I don't normally like turbines! 

Somewhere along the line you and AvAngel must have picked out different aircraft.

She grumped her way through the review, not quite damming it with faint praise, but most of the elements you like she doesn't.😦

T45

1 minute ago, Treetops45 said:

Somewhere along the line you and AvAngel must have picked out different aircraft.

She grumped her way through the review, not quite damming it with faint praise, but most of the elements you like she doesn't.😦

T45

I think it is a glass half full vs half empty debate...

The plane looks great and has potential..

If you believe that Carenado will fix the current issues, great!

If you fear that Carenado will leave it unfinished, like they did with the Seminole.. then not so great.. 😉

• Like 3

Bert

On 9/1/2022 at 6:49 PM, EGLD said:

ok, you need to click it, it's in the co-pilot's "magazine" holder thing

denham ? pc-12 😜

• Like 1

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I think it is a glass half full vs half empty debate...

The plane looks great and has potential..

If you believe that Carenado will fix the current issues, great!

If you fear that Carenado will leave it unfinished, like they did with the Seminole.. then not so great.. 😉

The "Into The Blue" chap is more positive in his review.

T45

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

This release is a disaster....  it's like they uploaded the wrong build to Marketplace and released it...

You may be on to something... in my attempts to improve the EHSI, I have discovered that I can disable the EADI in the panel.cfg file and still have a working EADI.. along with improved performance.  I also disabled the Avidyne unit, but that did not seem to impact performance as much..

Try this:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z38lq9gxfdwde0/tds-gtnxi-carenado-pc12.zip?dl=0

Unzip and drop into your Community folder. 

Bert

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

The "Into The Blue" chap is more positive in his review

Wanna hear a positive review? Check out Overkill Simulations 😣

@badgenes I’m pretty sure you won’t see the SWS PC-12 model this year given the projected depth of the finished model. Thankfully there are so many other aircraft to occupy the skies in the meantime.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

I kinda like the sounds. Im not hearing the beech 18 mixed in...but maybe my hearing is bad *Shrugs*. Looks good. I enjoy the heaviness of the controls. Its a stark contrast to alot of the add on planes which feel too light. Though I imagine it would be better somewhere in the middle of the two. Takeoff perf seems stupidly sluggish

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

No one is reporting how the STOL capability of this model is seriously lacking...😬

Maybe no one realizes what an extremely short takeoff distance the real bird is capable of.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, Dillon said:

No one is reporting how the STOL capability of this model is seriously lacking...😬

Maybe no one realizes what an extremely short takeoff distance the real bird is capable of.

I realized....the takeoff roll is incredibly sluggish.  Should be far more powerful... and I wasn't even at gross weight or high temps.  I did sea level at ISA and it was a dog.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You may be on to something... in my attempts to improve the EHSI, I have discovered that I can disable the EADI in the panel.cfg file and still have a working EADI.. along with improved performance.  I also disabled the Avidyne unit, but that did not seem to impact performance as much..

Try this:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z38lq9gxfdwde0/tds-gtnxi-carenado-pc12.zip?dl=0

Unzip and drop into your Community folder. 

I tried testing more and yes I am getting a memory leak or something...performance starts in the 40s FPS and drops into the teens after about 45 min of flight in a rural area.  This is before your EADI mod Bert.  I'm going to run it now.  Also here is a video I made with the dev fps counter and it shows the stutters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2zf5eu8e95q8jp/PC12Memoryleak.mp4?dl=0

@Bert Pieke the mod you posted helps a little but I still think there is a leak with some of the gauges... I am getting heavy stutters after about 30 min with your EADI mod.  It's flyable for me cause ive got the 12700K but it's not great.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I realized....the takeoff roll is incredibly sluggish.  Should be far more powerful... and I wasn't even at gross weight or high temps.  I did sea level at ISA and it was a dog.

I came in here to post this very thing, the takeoff performance seems completely off - my username EGLD is an airfield near me where a PC-12 regularly flies in and out of on fairly long legs, so would be heavily fuelled with passengers

If I just try to take off with the default FS fuel load (50%?) I cannot get airborne in time, rwy is around 2,500 ft

Anyone have any potential quick "fixes" for this? I don't have any idea if it's possible to edit flight model parameters for MSFS addon aircraft

Yes it's far away from perfect but it's also not that bad...but the performance degradation is a no fly issue 🤷🏻‍♂️...I flew from lszb to lsza and the approach was terrible, around 15 FPS.

Same flight with the Honda jet or 441 steady locked 36 FPS...it is the pc12. I use PMS gtn. 

McDan out

1 hour ago, McDaniel said:

Yes it's far away from perfect but it's also not that bad...

1. Take-off performance is waaay off.
  2. Trim is waaay off.
  3. Memory leak is severe.
  4. Battery voltage is never in the right range.

And all those things Bert mentioned, and who knows what else. That's pretty bad. 

• Like 1