Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Carenado PC12 is out

1 hour ago, hobart escin said:

Buhahahahaha.   This is gold.  

It's not exactly Oscar Wilde....

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I have about 6 hours in it so far and the only real issue I have is the lawn mower sound that can occur when first starting.  It doesn't happen every time and disappears once airborne.  From reading the MSFS forum I can see this is a fairly common problem.

I have no issues with performance - it stays at a locked 48 FPS no matter where I test.

The other weird bug I found was the the 'Fuel Used' gauge started showing a negative value after about 2 hours on one flight.  

No regrets, I am having a ball with its short landing ability - take-offs maybe not so much.

Edited by TonyD

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

I like it a lot, but when airborne I am constantly getting repeating beep sounds, possibly due to AP TRIM but do not understand how to solve this.... 

3 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Ive neutral about Carenado aircraft quality but would like to find out more about this one. I got the JF Arrows the other day over Carenado Mooney after reading all the hype on forums, only to be slightly annoyed. They havent lived up to the hype for me. Dont know if Turbo Arrows fly this way, but I find they require huge yoke inputs for things to happen (using Honeycomb Alpha). At other times, I'm fighting to trim them. Using the same curves for most aircraft, but there is something off about the Turbo Arrows. I do like the systems depth, but an aircraft that is not enjoyable to fly is not going to leave my hangar very often. Looking to you Carenado for inspiration. 

Your experience is exactly the same as mine.  I got shouted down for saying similar a while ago. 
I do have a lot of respect for JustFlight, and I love the Hawk in particular, but I just can't get on with the Arrows, and I can't put my finger on it, but they do not feel satisfying to fly.

Meanwhile, I absolutely enjoy flying the Mooney anywhere, so maybe you should consider it next time it is on sale. 
There seem to be these myths that perpetuate throughout flight-simming about what is always good and what is always bad. 
Obviously a lot is down to individual perception and expectations, so it will always happen.

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, michap7 said:

I like it a lot, but when airborne I am constantly getting repeating beep sounds, possibly due to AP TRIM but do not understand how to solve this.... 

You will get a beeping sound when you are within 1,000 ft and 250 ft of your target altitude.

Edited by TonyD
  • Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

10 minutes ago, TonyD said:

You will get a beeping sound when you are within 1,000 ft and 250 ft of your target altitude.

It´s more a continously repeating beeping sound, not the altitude alert. It starts around 1000 feet and never stops... And on the CAWS I see the green "AP TRIM" light, but this should be normal... 

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Your experience is exactly the same as mine.  I got shouted down for saying similar a while ago. 
I do have a lot of respect for JustFlight, and I love the Hawk in particular, but I just can't get on with the Arrows, and I can't put my finger on it, but they do not feel satisfying to fly.

The flight characteristics of all three JF PA-28 are somewhat broken after SU9 (e.g. you can't really stall them). JF acknowledged that and is looking into patching the planes after SU10 is released.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyD said:

I found was the the 'Fuel Used' gauge started showing a negative value after about 2 hours on one flight. 

that's why it's the best selling single engine pressurized turboprop 😊

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Eh King Air is out shortly I'll fly that as an Air Ambulance.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

@bobcat999, @Darth_Vapor666,

Hi there, I'm probably too inexperienced to make comments about Honeycombs, only have them for a year. What was a no no for me was trimming Arrows and Warriors. Have a look at the flight_model.cfg, section [FLIGHT_TUNING]. Play around with elevator_trim_effectiveness x.x and rudder_trim_effectiveness =x.x. I decreased the elevator trim to my liking and a happy Arrow flyer since. Just have a go with yoke related effectiveness as well. I found this online, so credits to someone unknown.

Good luck,

Mick

• Like 2

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

1 hour ago, Micko said:

Have a look at the flight_model.cfg, section [FLIGHT_TUNING]. Play around with elevator_trim_effectiveness x.x and rudder_trim_effectiveness =x.x. I decreased the elevator trim to my liking and a happy Arrow flyer since.

This sounds very interesting - the elevator trim particularly. Could you please post the values that are working well for you ? 🙂

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Meanwhile, I absolutely enjoy flying the Mooney anywhere, so maybe you should consider it next time it is on sale. 

Glad its not my setup causing this issue. I like Justflight products too, and considering the general consensus that JF Arrows are 'must buys', I was confused why I couldnt force myself to like them.

Yeah atleast from the youtube videos of Carenado Mooney I have seen, the flight model appears pretty good. Now that PC12 is a pass, might not have to wait for a Mooney sale.  

2 hours ago, -Belga- said:

The flight characteristics of all three JF PA-28 are somewhat broken after SU9 (e.g. you can't really stall them). JF acknowledged that and is looking into patching the planes after SU10 is released.

1 hour ago, Micko said:

Have a look at the flight_model.cfg, section [FLIGHT_TUNING]. Play around with elevator_trim_effectiveness x.x and rudder_trim_effectiveness =x.x. I decreased the elevator trim to my liking and a happy Arrow flyer since.

Thanks for this. While the issue is fixed, I might play around with trim effectiveness. Would be a shame to permanently park such detailed aircrafts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul K said:

This sounds very interesting - the elevator trim particularly. Could you please post the values that are working well for you ? 🙂

The elevator trim is all I  messed with. Have it at a value of 0.3. It probably varies  what device is used.

• Like 1

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

For some reason, I'm having trouble starting this thing. I think I'm following the steps that I used in other versions of the PC12. But, when I add fuel  (Ng between 13-18%) with the Condition Lever (Ground Idle) the "Fuel Press" light stays on and the starter just keeps spinning the prop. If I use CTRL E, the "Fuel Press" light goes off and the engine fires up. I must be missing a step here somewhere?

EDIT: I just saw a YouTube review and there is a shut off on the pedestal that I may have missed. I'll check that later to see if it is my problem.

Edited by ricka47
  • Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Reviews from those who try and figure things out on the fly and do not know the correct operating procedures must be taken with a grain of salt. The evaluations from the RW pilots are starting to appear. In general, most are not favourable, questioning the entire spectrum from sounds to flight dynamics. To be honest, at this point I’m a little disappointed with some aspects of the handling on takeoff and approach (heavy and slow to respond to input). Going to give it another go over the weekend. I definitely have to re-think the planned content for a video on this one. Keep in mind the price - can’t set your expectations too high!

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K