Sign in to follow this  
asanosho

Navigraph Charts 8 in Beta Testing

Quoted from a Navigraph mail I received today:

Many of you have been inquiring about the release of Navigraph Charts 8 and we would like to take this opportunity to give you an update. Charts 8 is in final beta testing right now with over 1,000 users. 

Here is a shortlist of features in the upcoming public release (subject to change): 

• All basic functionality in the existing Charts apps, plus…
  • VFR charts with visual reporting points, entry/exit routes, patterns, transition routes, flyways, avoid-overflying zones
  • New data layers with terrain, roads, railroads, landmarks, obstacles, high points
  • Data driven charts with 3D globe projection, with items configurable and seamless zoom down to airport/taxiway/gate level, and support for track-up moving maps
  • Improved airspace visualization with clearer altitude restrictions
  • Pinboards with auto-pinning of procedure charts
  • Drag-and-drop route construction
  • Airport weather (METAR/TAF) and runway winds

After initial release, our roadmap contains weather layers, navlogs, profile views, external network traffic visualization, annotations, and much more. The exact timing of the initial release and items on the roadmap is not possible to comment on yet, but rest assured it will be exciting times ahead! 

There will be more information coming over the next weeks, make sure to follow us on our social channels to receive the latest news. While waiting for the release, check out this short teaser of our VFR features!

This sounds truly amazing!

Edited by asanosho
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Any idea what the price increase will be ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Wow, that's quite the list. METAR and weather info directly from charts is great - no longer the need to check another weather app (i usually use windy.com) for this. 

16 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Who says there's going to be a price increase? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Wow that’s awesome.  VFR charts are a long time coming, very excited for those and the other features.

This just reinforces why my annual navigraph subscription is something I renew without a second thought every year.  The charts app sits in my second monitor on every flight I do.

• Like 6

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

This just reinforces why my annual navigraph subscription is something I renew without a second thought every year.  The charts app sits in my second monitor on every flight I do.

Same. It’s pricey but it would be hard to live without it now that I’m so used to the convenience. I usually plan the flights and mark the charts I need for the flight in the desktop app. Then I shut it down and use the iPad app.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

These new features look great. I'm still hopeful one day we'll have full sectional charts. 

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Wow that’s awesome.  VFR charts are a long time coming, very excited for those and the other features.

Same here - it's always on the second monitor and will now have even more usefulness!

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I too keep Navigraph up on my second monitor. Hugely helpful, and I am a big fan. Looking forward to these new updates!

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

36 minutes ago, pobee10 said:

word not allowed, no sectionals?

I'm not sure if there will be sectionals, but if they chose to build the VFR maps using a layered approach (I'm speculating), I hope they contain enough details to avoid the need to use sectionals. At the end of the video, one can see the San Diego area and it's definitely missing a lot of information contained in the sectionals. I hope in that part of the video they were showing a "filtered" version of the details what you can get using this new version of charts. I really really hope that is the case!

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

6 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

They have confirmed it will be included in the Ultimate Plan that I assume most people have.

They could of course increase the price of that plan...

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

They missed one of the more useful feature unfortunately. The possibility to write on charts (eg: mark ground taxi instructions to runway holding point or write departure freq, etc, etc)

• Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg