Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Eaglesoft 32-bit add-ons price reduced

8 hours ago, N400QW said:

And so it is that folks look down their noses at those who enjoy other than the "Latest and Greatest"🧐

Well, if we're being aggressive, we could also call this a blatant and desperate cash grab from a dev that decided to just quit on progress.  But that's probably just me...

Edited by Mgard78
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Your statement somehow reminds me of a class I had in political science way back when. The professor described wages in Communist China under Chairman Mao as 'bicycle wages for a bicycle economy'.

Ah, so that's who this is target to. Good to know 🙂

9 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

Well, if we're being aggressive, we could also call this a blatant and desperate cash grab from a dev that decided to just quit on progress.  But that's probably just me...

Hmmm.... didn't think of that. That's certainly a possibility. Like a "garage", going-out-of-business, or liquidation sale...

Still, nothing wrong with final sales so long as it's clear that it's feature-complete or fully functional; and won't need tech support or "spare parts".

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

14 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

But that's probably just me...

Yes, it's just you.

Just now, Reader said:

Yes, it's just you.

I can understand from a narrow perspective why you would think that, but trust me, it's not....

5 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Hmmm.... didn't think of that. That's certainly a possibility. Like a "garage", going-out-of-business, or liquidation sale...

Still, nothing wrong with final sales so long as it's clear that it's feature-complete or fully functional; and won't need tech support or "spare parts".

Yep. nothing wrong with that.  It was just a reply to a rather agressive reply to my initial snarky yet harmless comment...

But you're right, that was exactly how I viewed this. Sort of like "Yeah, we were kinda disappeared, no we're not doing anything new now or probably ever, but hey if you wanna buy any of this old stuff we have laying around..." 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

Yep. nothing wrong with that.  It was just a reply to a rather agressive reply to my initial snarky yet harmless comment...

But you're right, that was exactly how I viewed this. Sort of like "Yeah, we were kinda disappeared, no we're not doing anything new now or probably ever, but hey if you wanna buy any of this old stuff we have laying around..." 

No worries. I'm sure everyone has made snarky comments. I'm guilty of it as well. But totally warranted and unavoidable in some cases. I have made such comments to my 90-year-old auntie. She complains that I never call her. E.v.e.r.y. t.i.m.e.  But I did, and once in a while I still try. But she refuses to use cell phones and she doesn't know how to use voice mail in her landline.

Wishing I don't think of her when I come across old stuff, but sadly, I think she's permanently installed in my memory banks.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

4 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

No worries. I'm sure everyone has made snarky comments. I'm guilty of it as well. But totally warranted and unavoidable in some cases. I have made such comments to my 90-year-old auntie. She complains that I never call her. E.v.e.r.y. t.i.m.e.  But I did, and once in a while I still try. But she refuses to use cell phones and she doesn't know how to use voice mail in her landline.

Wishing I don't think of her when I come across old stuff, but sadly, I think she's permanently installed in my memory banks.

😂

29 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

I can understand from a narrow perspective why you would think that, but trust me, it's not....

Today, I learned of a new term, a paid shill.
It has given me a whole new perspective onto why certain things are posted in forums and then endlessly repeated.
On an obviously unrelated subject, Eaglesoft were not even on my radar and yet, here we are discussing an allegation that they are carrying out

a blatant and desperate cash grab from a dev that decided to just quit on progress

All I saw was an offer to users of older simulators to acquire their products at a 50% discount.
Thank you for broadening my narrow perspective.

Edited by Reader

12 minutes ago, Reader said:

Today, I learned of a new term, a paid shill.
It has given me a whole new perspective onto why certain things are posted in forums and then endlessly repeated.
On an obviously unrelated subject, Eaglesoft were not even on my radar and yet, here we are discussing an allegation that they are carrying out

All I saw was an offer to users of older simulators to acquire their products at a 50% discount.
Thank you for broadening my narrow perspective.

You're welcome.

Oh, by the way, if you know who has my paycheck, please do let me know, as I haven't received a penny yet. Although, I can also see how that may have just been a product of minds thinking that any opinion contrary to theirs surely must be paid...

Edited by Mgard78

It has also occurred to me that a shill does not necessarily have to be paid, but then again, that cannot possibly
have anything to do with this attack on Eaglesoft's 50% sale either.
I am sure that you have your own motive for launching it.

On 9/17/2022 at 12:31 PM, N400QW said:

C605 is in development for LM P3DV4/5😎

Fabulous news ☺️

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

17 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

You might. but it would be your opinion rather than fact. We've long held that 32 Bit products in designated "Legacy Catalogs" are for those who for their own reasons stay with their 32 Bit simulators.😎

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

5 hours ago, N400QW said:

You might. but it would be your opinion rather than fact. 

Sure, or it could probably be both, no rather. We'll never now though.

And now is probably time for a moderator to shut this thread down..

Ernest Pergrem