Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Best helo for FSX?

Guest JIMJAM

What I did was go to hovercontrol,Avsim, downloading just about every helicopter I could find. Most are made for FS9 but all but a few worked good in FSX.As long as you know what goes where you should not have any problems.One of my favorites is the Hughes 500e I got from HC.Its called the MD500 cutomized.Ive got to click through the guages everytime I load it but it flies great. Yes, Ive got alot of planes/helis from Alphasim but their prices are getting ridiculous.Compare their Pavelow for over 40 bucks to the upcoming Nemeth.Just do not complain over their there as you will get your head ripped off and your a** handed to ya.So basically for FSX, go to HoverControl and first download their 412.Then dig around and you will find alot there free and most as good or better than the paywares.Justflights Schweizer 300CBi is surprisingly good and one of the few payware helis I felt was worth the $$$.Good Luck

Yeah I once thought they were nice guys and supported Alphasim on the forums, but after seeing the way in which they respond to customers that won't be happening any more. lol I'll check hovercontrol. Thanks.

"Compare their Pavelow for over 40 bucks to the upcoming Nemeth."Do you know what kind of chopper the Nemeth will be? Do the Nemeth bros have a website? I searched for one a while ago but couldn't find one. Thanks

The dodo for fsx will be out soon hopefully and that will be the best chopper for fsx bar none. Dodosim makes it and i fly the fs2004 version currently while i await their fsx version. The schweizer from justflight is a decent fun to fly product but its flight modeling is atrocious and it gets a very poor frame rate. It sure is fun to tour around in though. I have yet to buy an alphasim chopper because they are too expensive and i dont want to spend that kind of money on an aircraft unless it models systems realistically and its flight modeling is spot on. If it handled like its real world counterpart then i might be interested, but if it flies as easy as the default 206 then forget it.

Guest JIMJAM

All of Alphas stuff are easy on fps,look good and fly ok. The vc/panels are "light".None of that bothers me cause they crank out military and 60's era that nobody does.Their sr-71 and the just released Valkyrie are incredibly fun.That said, $42 for their new heli is insane.$20 they would sale 3x as many but what do I know. Avsim sure loves them.:-rotor Like I said most of my faves are free.

Freeware, there is the Piasecki flying banana H-21 in the file library here. It is very good in my opinion. Full VC. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey Bell417, Nemeth does not have a website. They do however have a forum over at simflight. This link should work. The model they are making is a 53H I think?? The Alphasim was a J model. Looks real nice too. Hope this helps. :)http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=156

IMHO, nothing, payware or freeware, comes close to Jordan Moore's freeware Bell 412, available at HoverControl.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I got the Pavelow and it's an outstanding model. The VC is quiet o.k., could be a bit more detailed for this price... There are a few minor bugs as well, but i read in their forums, that a SP1 will be released within one week. http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1883/2007628203127604eh9.jpghttp://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1808/200762820302416gr2.jpghttp://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4827/2007628202051330pf4.jpgHeiko

Wowweee what weather program are you using? It looks so realistic!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest dwaohio

I won't purchase any more Alphasim helicopters because of the price and the sound package. For the money they charge they should add a good sound package. Right now their helicopter don't have startup or shut down sound. I have seen freeware choppers with better sound. If I am going to spend that much on a chopper it better be perfect.Dave

>Wowweee what weather program are you using? It looks so>realistic!That's ActiveSky X with X Graphics clouds. It really makes a difference... ;-) Heiko