Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 live weather clouds are amazing!

17 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Please post your SU 10 cloud video in this thread when you finish it! Thanks!

SU10 clouds in the Departure timestamp. SU9 clouds in the other timestamps 😊

Timestamps: Introduction 0:00 Flight Plan 0:55 Departure 1:42 Descent 3:00 Approach 5:19 DIMKE (IAF) 6:47 Configuring for Landing 7:21 Glide Slope Capture 9:58 Landing 11:45 Landing Replays External Cameras 13:23

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Quite disappointed to be honest. Overcast and broken conditions at airports can still not be rendered like it should and visibility seems wrong as well...i don't really care about how beautiful clouds are looking if such basics are missing/wrong.

• Like 2

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Climbing out of CYHZ
CYHZ 231500Z 01010KT 6SM -SHRA BR BKN005 BKN013 OVC037 12/12 A2953 RMK SF5SF2SC1 CIG RAG CVCTV CLD EMBD SLP003 DENSITY ALT 700FT

nO9oPUc.png

vI3h6vP.png

mGqQJG7.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Franz007 said:

Quite disappointed to be honest. Overcast and broken conditions at airports can still not be rendered like it should and visibility seems wrong as well...i don't really care about how beautiful clouds are looking if such basics are missing/wrong.

Are you using live weather or a  preset, because I am not seeing  what you are stating. ?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 hours ago, Franz007 said:

Overcast and broken conditions at airports can still not be rendered like it should and visibility seems wrong as well...

How do you know? Have you checked against the real weather? As I know that you didn't (how could you?) your remark appears just as unfunded criticism.

Even without this thread, I wanted to create a video, which shows a true weatherfront vs the SU10 clouds in the sim. Here is the result:

- The plane is slewed, so even at this ridiculous speed, the graphics are good, within a split second you can see the transition between the visible cloud grid and the properly rendered clouds when I stopped moving the plane for a moment.
- The video shows an overcast (click) as well as low visibility (click).
- The XPlane-like all-cloud-types-in-one fluffy depiction in the preview screenshot is owed to the fast movement of the slewed plane, the true appearance is rendered when the plane is stopped.

Edited by mrueedi
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Silicus said:

While I agree the clouds have improved in SU10, they are still missing most of the major cloud types.

High clouds Cirrus
  Cirrostratus
  Cirrocumulus
Middle clouds Altostratus
  Altocumulus
Low clouds Stratus
  Stratocumulus
  Nimbostratus
Clouds with vertical development Cumulus
  Cumulonimbus

Most clouds are based on cumulus clouds in the sim or haze/fog type of implentation. 

For example: Altostratus are missing, at least I haven't seen them after SU10. I am happy to be proven wrong.

spacer.png

100% spot on with that post.  What is there in MSFS shows some significant improvements! But so much is not there.  "Yet" is my concern.  I just sincerely hope "Yet" is real.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, Doering said:

SU10 clouds in the Departure timestamp. SU9 clouds in the other timestamps 😊

Timestamps: Introduction 0:00 Flight Plan 0:55 Departure 1:42 Descent 3:00 Approach 5:19 DIMKE (IAF) 6:47 Configuring for Landing 7:21 Glide Slope Capture 9:58 Landing 11:45 Landing Replays External Cameras 13:23

Very nice!  At the 10 second mark of your video, I couldn't tell that it was MSFS, I would have thought it was an actual real life video!

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Exactly! Though, what they need to do is revert back to pre SU7 or let 3rd party developers take a whack at it. But they won’t do either and I’ll always miss the atmosphere I had on release. 

Why? I was also there at release.  The clouds we have in SU 10 live weather is very good.

I would not want Asobo wasting a minute of their time working on the SDK for 3rd party weather developers like Rex and Active Sky. What a waste of Asobo's time, IMO, when you can see how much Asobo has accomplished up to, and including SU 10.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I would not want Asobo wasting a minute of their time working on the SDK for 3rd party weather developers like Rex and Active Sky. What a waste of Asobo's time, IMO, when you can see how much Asobo has accomplished up to, and including SU 10.

You don't happen to work for Microsoft do you? ;)

• Like 1

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Just now, TrafficPilot said:

You don't happen to work for Microsoft do you? 😉

No I don't.  I just see progress in the right direction and SU 10 is an example of that progress.

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

image.png.7fc1f55fff81a36ed4d1a8913d664416.png

image.png.b72555acd74f80f51a85b5c5bef927c5.png

image.png.4e1ec5697723d10b98ae6809e86ade98.png

image.png.65b23a20d29ae9bd5a14d84a8a31c27a.png

image.png.0b8889c3b125a63239e07deb447d54b1.png

image.png.fa3f306577f82c7ba0211ff523610d22.png

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Here then are 6,000 words.  Please hazard a guess of which sim and which textures are in use.....

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

The r/flightsim is still a garbage place though...

You think thats bad?, try visiting the MSFS  Discord🙃

11 minutes ago, fppilot said:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Here then are 6,000 words.  Please hazard a guess of which sim and which textures are in use.....

And if Asobo were to waste time working on and SDK for Rex and Active Sky, how long will that take until the SDK is up to the level that Rex and Active Sky require?

Now assume that Asobo finally gets the SDK to the level that Rex and Active Sky require.  Rex and Active Sky still have to spend time making the 3rd party weather add-on, and make it mature enough so that you can get all the pictures you just posted.

How many years will have passed then?  4 years? 5 years?

Great, we get live weather in all the pictures that you posted above, in 2027!

Meantime, if Asobo spends 100% of their effort on live weather and ignores working on the SDK for Rex and Active Sky, we get to your pictures in perhaps 2 more years, so that's 2024.  And better yet, live weather is free, doesn't cost any owners of MSFS a single penny.

I'm just gonna say, the logic of people that want Asobo to work on the SDK for Rex and Active Sky is kind of absurd, IMO.  They don't consider how long it will take Asobo to bring the SDK up to the maturity and sophistication that Rex and Active Sky can finally do everything they want.  And when Asobo brings the SDK up to the level of sophistication that Rex and Active Sky expect, they don't consider that Rex and Active Sky may need to spend X more years developing the add-on. 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

How many years will have passed then?  4 years? 5 years?

MS and Asobo had at least that long in advance to notice that texture technologies already existed and embrace them.  Could have been in place at first release.  We are at two years + and crawling along.  Guess weather accuracy is just more important to me than to some others.  Admit that.  Read my signature for an explanation.

We would more likely agree about tanks!  LOL!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

MS and Asobo had at least that long in advance to notice that texture technologies already existed and embrace them.  Could have been in place at first release.  We are at two years + and crawling along.  Guess weather accuracy is just more important to me than to some others.  Admit that.  Read my signature for an explanation.

Yeah, and my expertise is software development.  I can tell you that it may take a long time for Asobo to get the SDK up to the level required by Rex and Active Sky.  And then it may take Rex and Active Sky, who knows how many more years to get the add-on to the level that you show in your pictures.

Anyways, "Could have been in place at first release" is past tense. The present is the present. And the best course for Asobo in the present is to continue their work on live weather and not waste a single minute on the SDK for Rex and Active Sky.

Edited by abrams_tank