Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Mega huge spike (PAJN) .. am i the only one ?

i saw another thread about the PAJN approach being very cool, couldn't help the OP unfortunately but i thought i'd give the approach a little go as my sim taking was taking dust for the last few weeks

i launch that airport and i see this in the close vicinity.

mpC0ynF.jpg

i'm not the nitpicking type of guy 🙃, i can live with small spikes here and there and i like the sim, but this is huge, well no i mean ... huuuuuuuge 😱😜

what bothers is that when i have a problem i usually do a search and i quickly find others having the same issue so ok i forget about it until it's fixed by MS, but this time i just don't see anyone else having that problem, must be only me ?

Note that i have no addons installed and that i have never ever even installed any addon for that region as far as i can remember (i also tried to clear cache and the usual stuff).

Thank you if you have an idea 🥰🍻

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 3

No, you are not the only one.

I have the same issue in this area and also wou ld like to know how to solve it. 

Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filair said:

I have the same issue in this area and also wou ld like to know how to solve it. 

Cheers

Submit a Bug report on Zendesk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filair said:

Cheers

You can't. Only ASOBO can. It's just a question of whether they will and when 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

30 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

Thank you if you have an idea

The Orbx Alaska mesh gets rid of it... This problem has been discussed before.. you are not alone.

• Like 2

Bert

oh oky thank you, if it's for everyone i'm happy 🤣, sorry for reposting a known issue, couldn't find info about it 🙈

🍺

2 hours ago, Bad_T said:

oh oky thank you, if it's for everyone i'm happy 🤣, sorry for reposting a known issue, couldn't find info about it 🙈

🍺

It's not one, but THREE beanstalks.  Of Jack and The Beanstalk fame.  Do not climb to the top.

• Like 4

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Where is this exactly? I've been into Juneau many times in the sim and have never noticed this, though thinking about it, it's possible I've done the RNVM 26 every time. 

No reason to wait on Asobo; this kind of thing can be fixed quickly by a user with the SDK.  If I can find it I'll squash it. 

EDIT:  nevermind, I can see where this is from the screenshot; had to zoom in to recognize the airport in background.  Lemmee look. 

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 2

Andrew Crowley

16 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I have the Alaska mesh and see the spikes.  Wonder if I need to reinstall it after WU11?

Me Too !  (Orbx  ver 1.2)

Edited by Eclex
  • Like 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Spawn at PAJN RY 26 and this is what is immediately seen. So it's very fast to check your spike situation.

--

My situation, AK mesh Orbx installed, only nearby freeware AK airport is PAGY Skagway. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

Spawn at PAJN RY 26 and this is what is immediately seen.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

My situation, AK mesh Orbx installed

Version 1.2

Same view from RWY 26 at PAJN, three enormous spikes.

• Like 1