Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Beta 6.

DLSS? What's that?

I cannot get ice on windscreen anymore...should that work?

And what's that weird log.txt message?

-------

.obj has unbalanced animations and should be fixed.

4 hours ago, pryoski said:

I hope you're able to sort it out. My beta 6 install is very stable. I also feel like I've gained some fps

My post was unclear, I meant "Beta 6 are mostly crash fixes".

• Like 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

And I am still p****ed because even with b6 I can not use my Toliss A321 due to the badly flickering display panels.

(Linux Mint, Ryzen 5900X RX 6900 XT)

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

50 minutes ago, Yogipriester said:

And I am still p****ed because even with b6 I can not use my Toliss A321 due to the badly flickering display panels.

or the take off and roll out sounds...

14ppkc-6.png

46 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Essential for LR as other sims will be getting perfect graphics and 100+ FPS and XP has to compete with that.

Not convinced its even possible, let alone essential:

https://www.theverge.com/22803980/nvidia-dlss-linux-arrived-proton-game-deathloop-support

IMHO they were right to choose FSR instead, that's what FS2022 went with.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Old version of FSR, a version that is terrible and blurry. Need motion vectors so we can get FSR 2.0 / 2.1 and TAA. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 hours ago, Yogipriester said:

I'm essentially out of airliners to fly at this point because of that bug.

Maybe I'm gonna fix up Zibo's old 3.33h release for XP12 as that one does not use any custom display drawing code.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Old version of FSR, a version that is terrible and blurry. Need motion vectors so we can get FSR 2.0 / 2.1 and TAA. 

yep, and that has been described by Sidney as "non trivial".

hence asking "for who and why".

Its definitely not essential for me even though I have an nvidia. definately not essential for anyone with an AMD gpu, VR is just fine as is (does need the performance tuning, but only to improve the 1% minumums, not the average).

I wasn't disagreeing so much as asking to be convinced.

"wont compete with Farm Simulator 2022" isnt really going to convince anyone that DLSS should be prioritised over say fixing 3rd party airliner displays - or at least getting out better tools to facilitate 3PDs doing a better job of airliner displays.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

yep, and that has been described by Sidney as "non trivial".

hence asking "for who and why".

Its definitely not essential for me even though I have an nvidia. definately not essential for anyone with an AMD gpu, VR is just fine as is (does need the performance tuning, but only to improve the 1% minumums, not the average).

I wasn't disagreeing so much as asking to be convinced.

"wont compete with Farm Simulator 2022" isnt really going to convince anyone that DLSS should be prioritised over say fixing 3rd party airliner displays - or at least getting out better tools to facilitate 3PDs doing a better job of airliner displays.

By that logic, almost nothing is essential. Terrible shimmering is a major visual distraction, and I wasn't even talking about DLSS. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

17 minutes ago, Sethos said:

and I wasn't even talking about DLSS. 

You were replying to a post that was talking about DLSS, specifically

13 hours ago, Greazer said:

DLSS support is essential.

as for

26 minutes ago, Sethos said:

By that logic, almost nothing is essential.

I'd say we are well past any list of "flight sim essentials" for xplane, and well into oodles of "nice to haves".

mind you, working displays are essential for people who want to fly airliners

water physics is essential for people who want to fly boat planes

I just can't think of a  "FSR2.0 is essential for people who want to _____", let alone DLSS, which is limited to an operating system no one will use in 5 or 10 years by a graphics card manufacturer many people don't own. 

FSR is essential for people who want to get the most out of their 4 and 8K displays - that's already a very niche group. stating "DLSS support is essential", just... seemed...very...strange.

AutoATC Developer

5 minutes ago, mSparks said:

You were replying to a post that was talking about DLSS, specifically

I quoted nothing, nor mentioned DLSS. I made a statement as a follow-up to an agnostic technology, i.e FSR which has nothing to do with DLSS, same with TAA, both which I specifically mentioned that run on all hardware. I just advocated for the implementation of motion vectors. 

Edited by Sethos