Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

ChasePlane - verify licence ... again!

Their final reply…

I understand you're frustration but our DRM will not change. We are one of the few developers that have completely shunted piracy of their products. Thanks for your input, it shall be taken into account.”

If they’re not going to change their stance suggesting my input will be taken into account is absolutely meaningless piffle.

I doubt I’ll buy another of their products.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can you imagine if every add on you had required this BS process?

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

30 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

Can you imagine if every add on you had required this BS process?

They have plenty of products. Perhaps someone who has more than ChasePlane could comment. Total overkill to protect against piracy. 🤨

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Given the drop in popularity of P3D I think it's a bit late to bet on these supposed security measures now.

I hope it's not a problem created to push users to other platforms....

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

10 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Given the drop in popularity of P3D I think it's a bit late to bet on these supposed security measures now.

I hope it's not a problem created to push users to other platforms....

I was told sales of ChasePlane remain healthy justifying their validation policy.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hum.....

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Thanks Ray. I was considering buying it and then I read this thread. I won't buy it now.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

2 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Thanks Ray. I was considering buying it and then I read this thread. I won't buy it now.

Don't let the ridiculous licence check put you off. It's an excellent program. A check a few times a year - whilst an insult to legitimate customers - isn't sufficient reason not to buy it.

I can understand if you feel differently.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, W2DR said:

I bought CP through ORBX Central and only have to hit the open key. Central opens automatically when the verify comes up so no inconvenience at all. CP. is certainly worth having and I certainly wouldn’t want to be without it. This is one of the disadvantages of MSFS IMHO. A camera system without Chaseplane.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

Today I had to validate to get e-mail on my cell phone.
In the past I have had to validate to run Add-ons in X-Plane11 and Chaseplane in P3Dv4/v5.

The validation requests do not come up that often and it only takes a minute verify so not a big deal for me.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I had one yesterday to verify Chase Plane however it was preceded by an Orbx Central update.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Is it a nuisance yes, but not enough for me to stop using ChasePlane. Active Sky requires a login to use with every session, my financial accounts require additional text code or email verification to login now. Too many unscrupulous people in the world today, I cannot fault developers for protecting their livelihood.

Gary Stewart

1 hour ago, CW46 said:

Active Sky requires a login to use with every session

That login is pre-filled with your name and password. It automatically connects after a few seconds.

I’ve never said I would stop using CP. But in my opinion it crosses the line over what is acceptable for product protection. I have a PMDG aircraft that cost double what CP did but no such checks are made with that.

Some developers are just paranoid.

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I used to get this a lot and also having to log into Orbx central every time I opened it. Since I did a Windows reinstall 3 to 4 weeks ago I haven't had this happen. Suggest try logging out of Orbx and deleting all Orbx passwords then logging back in. Not sure if that will help but worth a try.