Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Where is Rob Ainscough (SH)?

I noticed that every forum entry that was made by Rob Ainscough (Sim Horizon https://simhorizon.com/ ) has vanished (AGAIN), is he OK? any body knows any thing about him if he is doing well?

I'm not trying to be nosy here but he used to be a good contributor to the community and I miss his constructive arguments, wish him and every one all the best.

Ali A.

Edited by penta_a

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Robin Ainscough

4 months ago

My SimPit is for sale if you're interested ... I love aviation, but I'm moving to different hobbies now ... P3D, MSFS, XP just aren't going in a direction I'm really interested in ... but you might see more real world aviation videos soon 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojO6VkAq0Q

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, penta_a said:

I noticed that every forum entry that was made by Rob Ainscough (Sim Horizon https://simhorizon.com/ ) has vanished (AGAIN), is he OK? any body knows any thing about him if he is doing well?

I'm not trying to be nosy here but he used to be a good contributor to the community and I miss his constructive arguments, wish him and every one all the best.

Ali A.

According to a post he made on another forum outside of here (A2A I think), he said he was going to focus on real world aviation for a while and not sims. However, if you search google for his name, he’s posted in the ORBX official forum on their site back in Aug. I’m sure he’s ok, just doing something else for now.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rob has posted frequently on the FSLabs forum over the past couple of months.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

many thanks for your replies, I'm glad he is OK and wish every one the best.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

The kind of disappointment Rob went through, and of which I was tootally unaware and even didn't know about that "SH" trade mark, is common to many simmers I guess.

I myself feel disappointed quite often with my expectations appearing not to even by far be in the horizon of most developers. I often share that disappointment with a few very close simmers also members of AVSIM.

Around 2007, and for about 5 yrs, apart from a few hours in a notebook flying Condorsoaring, I totally gave up on FSX, and XP.

Although a lot more expensive, I flew a lot more in RW, running away from the sometimes more addictive than any other thing, ritual of searching for bugs, innacuracies or good aspects of this or that sim.

In some way I do miss those years, and I sometimes regret MS FLIGHT having happened, which was, again, a flame in my sim-oriented neural net, and made me - again - freefall from quite an altitude the day I understood it was going nowhere 😕

I have to admit that as much as the scenario has changed with the advent of MFS 2020, and now XP12, making me somehow believe again in a bright future for both platforms I sometimes, well, honestly quite often ! miss features, details and realism I was only able to find in *FLIGHT* simulators ike FLIGHT UNLIMITED, DCS WORLD and IL2. 

The other day I learned that one of the core developers from the IL2 team had joined ASOBO. This brought me a feeling of sadness because I feel the IL-2 Team although still made up of some excellent programmers and tallented designers, was affected in a way they probably didn't deserve. This, again, made me feel bad about the future of desktop flight simulation 😕

I'm sure Robin is fine - after all AFAIK he is married to a Portuguese woman 🙂 and nothing better than that to make a man stiff enough to confront life with it's sometimes unexpected tricks 😜

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Fortunately he seems to be well, as he is still posting in the FSLabs forum. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

6 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Rob has posted frequently on the FSLabs forum over the past couple of months.

Just to know, is FSLabs in real aviation or it's still in flightsimming (P3D I guess)?

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 10/9/2022 at 12:25 AM, TuFun said:

Robin Ainscough

4 months ago

My SimPit is for sale if you're interested ... I love aviation, but I'm moving to different hobbies now ... P3D, MSFS, XP just aren't going in a direction I'm really interested in ... but you might see more real world aviation videos soon 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojO6VkAq0Q

Later in the comments for that video he posts:

It's sorta a catch-22 ... P3D needs updated graphics globally and less reliance on 3rd party to provide for that. MSFS needs more simulation depth and device support for those of us with more "hardcore" desires (multi-monitor view detachment, multi-channel/PCs, replaceable flight physics, controllers, accurate weather, intelligent AI and ATC, etc.) ... the catch-22 is that most users don't want (or is not a priority for them) that so I'm left in limbo land.

I think a lot of us are in that same limbo.

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

Later in the comments for that video he posts:

I think a lot of us are in that same limbo.

Hook

Yes, we are. 🙁

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.