Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

QW787 lights fix.

Hi All.

Could anyone out there please be kind enough to send me the link or file for the Qualitywings 787 light fix for DIM Landing/taxi lights. I lost my files when upgrading my computer. I've seen the video tutorial on youtube by a guy called Philippa I think, but I can't find the download anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards

Malcolm

Malcolm Hancock

Hi Malcolm,

I don't know if you are referring to this fix for the QW 787 landing lights.

This fix modifies the intensity of the landing lights by modifying some files of the QW 787 Effects present in main P3D / Effect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/g4sgjw/qw787_light_fix_for_p3d_v5/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• Upvote 1

Hi RobPol471.

Thank you for taking the time to come back to me with the link, however, I'm afraid this does not solve my problem because I have very dim taxi/landing lights that can hardly be seen from the cockpit, so the file I'm after is for making them brighter! My search continues I'm afraid. Anyone else out there?

Thanks again for your input and best regards.

Malcolm

Malcolm Hancock

I have the files to fix the dim lights. Check your messages.

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Hi Wise87.

Thank you so much, this is what I had lost, and was looking for. You are a star my friend. Thank you again for your kindness and taking the time to help me.

Best regards.

Malcolm

• Like 2

Malcolm Hancock

Glad I could help. The dim lights was something QualityWings said they would look into back in 2021 when I posted this very issue in their forums but they never did. Luckily someone made a fix for the lights. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

@Wise87 if you wouldn't mind sharing with me as well that would be greatly appreciated!  I suffer from the same issue.  To be fair both the cockpit lighting which I already use a mod for and the taxi/landing lights are all way too dim on the QW787 but they've ignored it since 5.x...

Thank you!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Ai Paul,

on the files of the previously published link, in particular for the landing lights and taxi lights, modify the files fx_QW787_landing_nose.fx - fx_QW787_landing_wing.fx - fx_QW787_taxi_nose.fx in the main P3D / Effect.

Try to reduce with Notepad the value in:

[ParticleAttributes.0]

Falloff Exponent = (for example at 0.10)

The lower the value, the more the light is intended.

Another value to try to always change in these files in:

[ParticleAttributes.0]

Intensity Night = (try increasing the value)

Check that Dynamic Lighting is set in the P3D in Lighting Options

Ciao ragazzi a me non illumina la parte superiore dell'abitacolo, dove si regola la velocità di altitudine ecc ecc. Qualcuno ha qualche idea su come risolvere questo problema?

English:

Hi guys to me it does not light up the upper part of the cockpit, where you adjust the speed of altitude etc. etc. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

@matteovento  English only in the forums, Please!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

34 minutes ago, matteovento said:

Ciao ragazzi a me non illumina la parte superiore dell'abitacolo, dove si regola la velocità di altitudine ecc ecc. Qualcuno ha qualche idea su come risolvere questo problema?

English:

Hi guys to me it does not light up the upper part of the cockpit, where you adjust the speed of altitude etc. etc. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Ther's a light for the glareshield, it's on the overhead IIRC

Just as a point of interest, the taxi and landing lights on the real 787 are abysmal, they really are, I thought they were broke when I first taxied the thing at night.

Does anyone know if QW are still working on this aircraft, either as an update for P3D or a new aircraft for that other sim ?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, matteovento said:

Hello simfan1983 I did not understand your answer on the subject, thanks

On the overhead panel there is a light dial or the glareshield light (where the altitude and speed instruments are). If you rotate the button clockwise (in stages) it increases the amount of light. There are also light dials on the pilots and co-pilots side panels with a rear dial for back lighting and a front dial for the main panel lights.