Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

WU11 Canada fixes

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Two posts up for details..

I found the file here (not in the Content Manager):

...AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndex\fs-base-coverage-map-canada-tin.dat

Thank You

Rolf

Rolf Niemi

15 hours ago, regis9 said:

I think the FSS CYTZ scenery comes with a compatibility option with the Toronto enhancement scenery?

That's right. I'm using it via the Contrail app where different options can be set, including compatibility with Roman Design's Toronto. 

Thanks @Bert Pieke for this thread. As it turns out I'm using exactly the same apps. I have however Canada WU PG enabled, as there are cities with decent PG. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Is the world update tjhat bad it needs fixes? Or additions? WOndering cause gonna get back into flying again soon 🙂

Victor Roos

If you like to fly in the Canadian Rockies I suggest Banff improvement mod which includes the airport and surroundings,  Banff  Lake Louis water fix (WU11), Jasper airport scenery and B.C. mesh. All available for free at flightsim.to. For me water issues at Banff and Jasper area went away with these add-ons. The peaks of Alberta Rockies are still too rounded, but for B.C. Rockies the mesh helps quite a bit.

Edit: Thanks for this useful thread to @Bert Pieke

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

Is the world update tjhat bad it needs fixes? Or additions? WOndering cause gonna get back into flying again soon 🙂

Oh yes it is, at least in some areas like Vancouver and Toronto. Already admitted by MSFS that there might be problems with WU11 as they reacted in the MSFS forums.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

As I don't live in Canada, I have to defer to those who live in Toronto or Vancouver as to how well those places look in detail after the corrections referred to in this thread have been made. But as far as I'm concerned, the fixes for those cities (and Montreal), available as freeware on flightsim.to, make them look really good. In the larger picture, there is no question that SU10 has significantly improved the look of Canada compared to default.

Edited by cobalt

Come visit us in Halifax, our photogrammetry and POI objects look pretty good 🙂

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

31 minutes ago, cobalt said:

As I don't live in Canada, I have to defer to those who live in Toronto or Vancouver as to how well those places look in detail after the corrections referred to in this thread have been made. But as far as I'm concerned, the fixes for those cities (and Montreal) available as freeware on flightsim.to make them look really good. In the larger picture, there is no question that SU10 has significantly improved the look of Canada compared to default.

I am from Vancouver and I don’t have the Vancouver bridges mod installed. I can tolerate the autogen bridges in Vancouver in MSFS, it’s not that big of a deal for me. For the harbor mod though, I may get that. The photogrammetry cranes are really ugly and distracting, especially when I try to emulate the Harbour Air Twin Otter landing at the downtown Vancouver seaplane terminal.

As for the Canada World Update, it just makes Vancouver look really bad. Too much low quality photogrammetry in the Canada World Update, including so many melted buildings. I uninstalled it the day after it was released. The MSFS team did not do a good job for Vancouver in the Canada World Update.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Come visit us in Halifax, our photogrammetry and POI objects look pretty good 🙂

Edmonton photogrammetry is good too in MSFS. So somehow, the MSFS team got good photogrammetry for some Canadian cities. Just not metro Vancouver.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, romoni said:

I found the file here (not in the Content Manager):

...AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndex\fs-base-coverage-map-canada-tin.dat

Thank You

Rolf

That is a temporary file, I believe.. look again..

Bert

9 hours ago, romoni said:

I have MSFS 2020 Steam versio and I don¨t find this file in Content Manager - any idea where I can find it?

Thank You

Rolf

Click on that button

mIJ92gL.png

Click on the photogrammetry 

5gxfJZf.png

Then click delete

43GGliZ.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Click on that button

mIJ92gL.png

Click on the photogrammetry 

5gxfJZf.png

Then click delete

43GGliZ.png

Wow, the photogrammetry for all Canadian cities in the Canada World Update only takes up 67 KB? That’s not even a megabyte. I thought the photogrammetry for all Canadian cities in the Canada World Update would take up Gigabytes of space, not 67 KB.

Edited by abrams_tank

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Wow, the photogrammetry for all Canadian cities in the Canada World Update only takes up 67 KB? That’s not even a megabyte. I thought the photogrammetry for all Canadian cities in the Canada World Update would take up Gigabytes of space, not 67 KB.

It is streamed as you fly, not downloaded onto your computer. I imagine those files only contain instructions for what data should be streamed. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

If I recall correctly, photogrammetry data is streamed from the servers. The above file (and similar files for other cities) simply tells the sim where and what to request from the servers.

...jim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.