Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

On 10/27/2022 at 9:15 AM, RALF9636 said:

When flying manually on climbout and reducing the rate of climb the autothrust is not reducing thrust to maintain the target speed, it stays at full climb thrust and keeps accelerating.

8 hours ago, CaptBillyBob said:

It's your job to pitch for speed when flying manually. 

With autothrust engaged it is the job of the autothrust to hold the selected speed regardless of the manually flown pitch.

But never mind, it worked fine again on my latest flight. I am going to report should it happen again. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 10/29/2022 at 2:15 AM, regis9 said:

Hmmm can't seem to engage the autopilot after take off with this patch.  Hands off all controls but pressing the autopilot does nothing.  Haven't had this issue before.

Was the flight director centered? If it isn't, the autopilot won't engage. 

• Like 1

Good review by 320 sim pilot ... like one of the YT commenters says, in addition to the great improvements around flare logic and other areas, one of the most important updates was to make use of the new ground handling/friction related flight model tuning parameters Asobo introduced in SU10. Goes a long way in improving ground handling... really hoping various other 3rd party aircraft developers can get these into their birds soon... here's the direct link to the part where he does a 20-knot crosswind autoland: https://youtu.be/YrRL8i6c4z8?t=1358

Also interesting his answer to one YT question:
Q: "This is incredible. Performance looks much more realistic now. Would you say these changes bring the flight dynamics up to XPlane levels of realism or are there still areas to improve?"
A (320 sim pilot): "The handling of the Fenix is very very good now across a wide range of situations which is great. I find it difficult to choose but with the improved ground/crosswind handling they are becoming comparable."

On a related note, here's 737NG Driver (PMDG test team and IRL 737 pilot) and his take on the Fenix A320 update and its flare/landing:

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

42 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Good review by 320 sim pilot ... like one of the YT commenters says, in addition to the great improvements around flare logic and other areas, one of the most important updates was to make use of the new ground handling/friction related flight model tuning parameters Asobo introduced in SU10. Goes a long way in improving ground handling... really hoping various other 3rd party aircraft developers can get these into their birds soon... here's the direct link to the part where he does a 20-knot crosswind autoland: https://youtu.be/YrRL8i6c4z8?t=1358

On a related note, here's 737NG Driver (PMDG test team and IRL 737 pilot) and his take on the Fenix A320 update and its flare/landing:

I just had my best landing ever into KATL,  63FPM....... Funny, on about a 1 mile final into 26R, I saw an AI airliner, do a stall and spin, into the trees on the left side of the approach path......😉

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, martinboehme said:

Was the flight director centered? If it isn't, the autopilot won't engage. 

It was.  I flew successfully last night so hopefully it was just a one time weird issue.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hello Aamir,
I use as SimBrief label for the flight plan the OFP layout UAE. There are all relevant data for the MCDU input on the first page and you don't need to search long. Unfortunately, the display is unreadable after import into the Fenix EFB. It would be nice if you could add this to the bug list. Thanks.