Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

A320 v1.0.5.139

[SYSTEM]

- Adjusted custom low speed friction model

- Adjusted G/S mini logic

- Fixed beacon/strobe desync

- Fixed flap 2 to flap 3 excessive nose-down ballooning in manual flight and autoflight.

- Adjusted tuning for G/S hold for better tracking of G/S in autopilot modes

- Autoland told to stop mucking about and do the job properly, should flare a little more aggressively now.

- Fixed issue with loss of ILS signal in the FMS autotuner. This causes lack of yaw control during ROLLOUT, leading to grassy excursions. Please note, it's possible this issue still exists in specific sceneries that do not have their guidance beams set up properly.

- ISA fixed.

- Small tweaks to FLARE mode behaviour.

- Introduction of LIGHTER/HEAVIER sidestick option in CONTROL CONFIG, default changed to "lighter" for desktop hardware. 

- Changed amount of force needed to disconnect autopilot with stick pressure. Now a user needs to apply roughly 60% of travel before the AP will disconnect. This is the best way we can emulate a "control lock" which requires a fair amount of force to disconnect.

- Disabled brake temperature simulation for GSX pushbacks.

- Reduced sensitivity of yaw when nose wheel is in contact with the ground, leading to significantly smoother yaw control during crosswind landings and at high speeds.

- Minor refinements to initial VNAV descent angle calculations. 

- Fixed issue where the flat deceleration segment for 250kts was missing when a "at or above" altitude constraint was present.

[FM]

- Slight bump to flap full lift, aircraft should feel more responsive in flap full configurations, ergo FLARE feels slightly more energetic now as opposed to throwing elevator up into a bowl of porridge. All in, this should be more consistent, simply put. The prior the lack of lift was causing inertia issues. Please be aware of this on your next approach, some refamiliarization might be required.

- Made a small adjustment to lateral friction values

- Made a small adjustment to ground spoiler effectiveness

[ART&SOUND]

- All exterior lights now volumetric

- Added back missing antennas

- #bringbackcontrails

- Volume bug resolved preventing some sounds from playing at their intended volume

- Fixed nose gear retraction sounds

- Brighter cockpit

- Sound fixes and improvements (flaps/slats/fuel-pumps/AEVC/packs)

//

Edited by SierraDelta
  • Like 31

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

This is encouraging news! I will have to download and run the update when I finish my current flight in Australia 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

17 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

- Autoland told to stop mucking about and do the job properly

[...] ergo FLARE feels slightly more energetic now as opposed to throwing elevator up into a bowl of porridge.

- #bringbackcontrails

😄 I like this team.

A lot of areas of improvement that will hopefully make their A320 really enjoyable again and some notable small additions that will make it shine even greater.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The reworked lights are cool, if you manage to find some nasty weather. You can actually see, if you look closely, that the volumetric "effect" shows that the strobes aren't one bulb doing two flashes, it's actually two bulbs doing one flash each, one after the other. Loved this video during one of the beta test flights I did. 

https://streamable.com/a65xs1

• Like 33
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

Nice one, have to download later...

Wayne

i5 9600k OC @ 4.6,LIQUID COOLED, INNO3D RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB RAM, 2 X 4TB HDD (MSFS & STEAM), 1 X 2TB M.2 SSD (XP12) TOMAHAWK MAG Z390 MOTHERBOARD, M.2 for OS WIN11, X52 PRO, TCA THRUSTMASTER AIRBUS CAPTAINS EDITION, TRACK-IR.    XP12    MSFS2020.   

Brilliant, just keeps getting better and better.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Hopefully this means I won’t bury the 320 every time I land her. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm at work so I'm waiting to hear some feedback on how it lands now. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Can't wait to get home and try this out. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For many years PMDG was number one developer for tube liners, but i see that a new king is FENIX 🙂

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Artur 

38 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Hopefully this means I won’t bury the 320 every time I land her. 

ditto

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I just recently added the Fenix A320 to my MSFS hangar, and am very pleased so far. Just downloaded the update minutes ago. 
Is the proper update procedure to run the update and install it over the previous version, or should I first uninstall the previous model? Hopefully, the former as with PMDG, but the user guide was silent on this. Thanks!

Rich

Just now, rlashier said:

I just recently added the Fenix A320 to my MSFS hangar, and am very pleased so far. Just downloaded the update minutes ago. 
Is the proper update procedure to run the update and install it over the previous version, or should I first uninstall the previous model? Hopefully, the former as with PMDG, but the user guide was silent on this. Thanks!

Rich

Just install over previous version.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, rlashier said:

Rich

Hey! You can do either, so feel free to just download the file, and run it. We'll take care of the rest.

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, rlashier said:

Rich

Just update over the existing one and you should be good.

LOL--we all three just replied at the same time 🙂 

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply