Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

I really like this plane, if they could manage an option to set all the screen brightness to full, even in cold and dark, that would be awesome.

I also wouldn't mind V calls during take-off.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, bendead said:

I really like this plane, if they could manage an option to set all the screen brightness to full, even in cold and dark, that would be awesome.

I also wouldn't mind V calls during take-off.

It was that way in the beginning and some pilot "experts" complained that the screens should be off in cold and dark, so now you have it. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well I tired the update and I SLAMMED it down in Buffalo. I think Volanta said 375fpm...was in the touch-down zone though!

Why can I land the PMDG stuff consistently around 150FPM but this I cannot, I dont get it? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It was that way in the beginning and some pilot "experts" complained that the screens should be off in cold and dark, so now you have it. 

I think this was true on the older screens that they should be turned off when aircraft is left in a cold n dark state. But I don’t think this is true for the newer screens. Either way should be an option I guess. 

29 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Well I tired the update and I SLAMMED it down in Buffalo. I think Volanta said 375fpm...was in the touch-down zone though!

Why can I land the PMDG stuff consistently around 150FPM but this I cannot, I dont get it? 

Are you retarding the throttles too soon and flaring to late maybe?

I’ve had good and bad days on the previous build which was significantly better than the one before that, haven’t tried the new build yet but should be even better now from what I read. 

It's probably going to take a while to "re-learn" how to fly and land this thing...lol.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

7 hours ago, Aamir said:

Will be added in time. Had to spend the resources elsewhere these last few months!

Is there any chance we will be able to install and activate the Fenix on more than one computer at some point? I use MSFS on two different computers, but I’m only able to use the Fenix on one. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I take it screen corruption is still a thing if you are in the SU11 beta ? Took her out of the hangar but she got wheeled back in after realizing the backup instruments were inop (garbled)

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mine is working fine. 

Out of KPDX today, B working fine (again). strange but anyway

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

I take it screen corruption is still a thing if you are in the SU11 beta ? Took her out of the hangar but she got wheeled back in after realizing the backup instruments were inop (garbled)

happens to me occasionally, actually only seen this once within the last one or two weeks. no clear pattern identifyable, restart helped. I am currently in SU11b w/ DX12 enabled + TAA

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Its very simple there are not the same, With the FSL and the Fenix, dont and never have landed like a PMDG XXX XXX, The PMDG have always been very easy to land, the A320 is harder untill you "get it" then and only then is it easy. Dont try to land a A320 as you do an NG its a diffrent "feeling"

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'd appreciate them not changing flare every two weeks. It was realistic a couple of versions ago, and then they started tweaking it to please everyone. That's okay, you want to make this accessible and non-frustrating for everyone, but then please stick with a setting, so people can adjust and learn it. I'm getting tired of knowing that I'll not do a smooth landing just because some little variable changed again and my muscle memory will be playing tricks on me again. Who knows, might even be a nocebo effect, but still the cause is those frequent tweaks to it.
Apart from that I'm all for constant updates.

Currently flying my Fenix into Kathmandu's VNKT with a little under 2 hrs to go. Will be my first landing since the latest update. 

The Captain is a little concerned with 128 souls on board -- Time to refresh RNAV procedures.

The wife's repeated nagging about taking the dogs to the beach is not helping much.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'd appreciate them not changing flare every two weeks. It was realistic a couple of versions ago, and then they started tweaking it to please everyone. That's okay, you want to make this accessible and non-frustrating for everyone, but then please stick with a setting, so people can adjust and learn it. I'm getting tired of knowing that I'll not do a smooth landing just because some little variable changed again and my muscle memory will be playing tricks on me again. Who knows, might even be a nocebo effect, but still the cause is those frequent tweaks to it.
Apart from that I'm all for constant updates.

A couple versions ago definitely was not realistic. They have tweaked it and now seems to be spot on. You just need to re adjust how you land it. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Upvote 2