Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

14 minutes ago, Aamir said:

For those in the SU11 beta - please don't expect a fix in the immediate short term for the displays - we expressly do not support beta builds of MSFS because they pretty variable. We will, of course, investigate the display issue internally, but we will not be rushing a new build out to support it until we know more. 

We understand. We hope our reports of issues are helpful in getting you a head start.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Have there also been performance optimizations? I’ve just completed the smoothest Fenix flight ever (by far!). I didn‘t change any settings. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

For those in the SU11 beta - please don't expect a fix in the immediate short term for the displays - we expressly do not support beta builds of MSFS because they pretty variable. We will, of course, investigate the display issue internally, but we will not be rushing a new build out to support it until we know more. 

Thanks for responding (I wanted also to make sure that it wasn't just my setup or installation that got borked)

No worries take your time .. I was just wondering if this release had silently fixed it since no one else was mentioning the display corruption issue post update). Absolutely no problem waiting. I completely understand the beta situation and your team deserves the time and space to work on it.

Cheers

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

Hijacking this thread for a question to those with the Thrustmaster Joystick: How do you program the AP disconnect to disconnect on the first click and silence the aural alert on the second click?

Right now my second click only re-activates AP1, so to silence the AP Disconnect Aural Alert I need to click the master caution button near the MCP, and that's super distracting during final approach.

I have to test but i managed to find the binding that does this perfectly on the 737 but never truly got around to verifying that it works as it should on the A320 (1 press to disc the AP 2nd press to clear the aural) . Ill get back to you in a couple hours when i get home. Or if someone wants to answer who has Thrustmaster sticks feel free. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Great update for the landing behaviour!

It's remarkable how quickly you managed to get that right again - knowing that some other developers keep fighting with their messed up flight models for months or years.

22 hours ago, Aamir said:

Now it's done we can move on to some of the fun stuff!

Watching the PSXT / RealTraffic on the TCAS display? 😉

I am still getting the hot brake warning after pushback when using GSX. I checked them once the tug is connected and they are cool. As soon as the tug disconnects, they jump up to over 1300 degrees. This has happened for me on two consecutive flights now, SU10 (no beta). I did do a PC restart in between each flight.

Edited by sniper31
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

47 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Watching the PSXT / RealTraffic on the TCAS display? 😉

I second that suggestion!

Edited by mmcmah

I can't figure out how they missed the "Too steep path" problem that has happened to me on every flight, when they were testing this latest update?  

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can't figure out how they missed the "Too steep path" problem that has happened to me on every flight, when they were testing this latest update?  

Funny you say that because i've noticed this was happening to me too and I wasn't sure why.  I get it on every flight too.  I thought I wasn't planning correctly so I am glad to hear it is not just me!

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I am not on any Beta, but since the update I am experiencing massive speed issue during climb, it will go over 280 under 10k and sometime really struggle.

Were the PID changed?

4 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Funny you say that because i've noticed this was happening to me too and I wasn't sure why.  I get it on every flight too.  I thought I wasn't planning correctly so I am glad to hear it is not just me!

Post in on their Discord page,   they say they didn't see this at all in their testing, but people that are getting it are seeing it on every flight. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Post in on their Discord page,   they say they didn't see this at all in their testing, but people that are getting it are seeing it on every flight. 

If only I knew how to post on their discord page 😬.  I can enter a ticket

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

The Fenix flies well now. My problem was always low FPS not flight model and it seems better now. Have to fly more though.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

4 hours ago, WestAir said:

Hijacking this thread for a question to those with the Thrustmaster Joystick: How do you program the AP disconnect to disconnect on the first click and silence the aural alert on the second click?

Right now my second click only re-activates AP1, so to silence the AP Disconnect Aural Alert I need to click the master caution button near the MCP, and that's super distracting during final approach.

It's bound to AUTOPILOT OFF in MSFS, so assign the button you want to this binding and use that as the AP Disco.

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Not needed, it's already been seen and acknowledged in development updates channel, Dave's Updates. Will get it fixed shortly.

• Like 5

Aamir Thacker

Fourth flight tonight was a disaster, started flying the approach, and around 6000 feet agl, AP kicked of and nothing I tried could get it to turn on again. I have had this happen once or twice before, but I could always get AP to to turn back on by turning off AT first. Not this time, nothing would get it to turn on. Hope this isn't a new bug. .