Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

great to see the update. was just wondering today who updates next, PMDG, Fenix or AS... so @Aamir and team won, downloading now

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Hopefully this means I won’t bury the 320 every time I land her. 

yep thats the main fix from what I can see.  Some videos been posted from the dev which clearly showed that whilst the visible pitch of the aircraft changed in the flare, the VS did not!  Hence the nasty landings.  Installing it right now and will take it for a spin.

Thomas Derbyshire

I couldn't tell from the update notes if this addresses the un-commanded acceleration when approaching approach phase or not.  I guess we'll see.  Other stuff looks great though.  The Butter Bus should be back 🙂 

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Hello Aamir,

I am very satisfied with your product. A question about the cockpit door. The procedure in the cockpit preparation:

ANN LT selector - TEST

(Check the OPEN and FAULT lights on the pedestal and the three LED on the overhead panel)

ANN LT selector - BRT

(Check all lights go off)

This check of the locks does not seem to work. Is that the intention or will it perhaps be added?

52 minutes ago, Flusisniper said:

Hello Aamir,

I am very satisfied with your product. A question about the cockpit door. The procedure in the cockpit preparation:

ANN LT selector - TEST

(Check the OPEN and FAULT lights on the pedestal and the three LED on the overhead panel)

ANN LT selector - BRT

(Check all lights go off)

This check of the locks does not seem to work. Is that the intention or will it perhaps be added?

Will be added in time. Had to spend the resources elsewhere these last few months!

• Like 2

Aamir Thacker

Well...........I've just done a very short flight and what a massive improvement on landing, well done Aamir and team, stellar job!!👍👍👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

Just now, tull said:

Well...........I've just done a very short flight and what a massive improvement on landing, well done Aamir and team, stellar job!!👍👍👍

Lovely to hear, many long nights spent getting it right. Now it's done we can move on to some of the fun stuff!

• Like 13

Aamir Thacker

Is how the plane reacts to turbulence different now?  I am in a flight from ORD-ATL right now and the plane seems to be shaking a bit or vibrating for lack of better description.  Not sure if this is new, or just that I am flying over some weather at the moment but I never noticed it before.  I am also using FSrealistic Pro but haven't noticed this and turbulence is unticked. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Excellent update thankyou to the Fenix team.

Cockpit lighting is so much better now, no need to pull down the sun visor down to achieve darker readable instruments 🙂.

Takeoff and landing in a crosswind at EGLL is way way better than before it felt right (not a real world pilot) and importantly was achievable without going all over the place after touchdown or burying it into the tarmac.

Once again many thanks for this update.

2 minutes ago, a321 said:

GSX still burns the brakes!

If it needs to slew the aircraft for any reason, it will. Currently we disable the brake simulation when the GSX pushback is detected. If the pushback is completed and during disconnect if the aircraft is moved for whatever reason, it'll eat your brakes up. We'll look into how to avoid this, but for now you can go into MCDU > MAINT > FAILURES and hit CLR and select the brakes, it will reset your brake temperatures.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

27 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Lovely to hear, many long nights spent getting it right. Now it's done we can move on to some of the fun stuff!

319???

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom