Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

did a quick spin from LOWI into LOWS, great flying and landing into RWY15. only thing I noticed is that the B key (subject to your keybinding) does not calibrate anymore QNH to current local values while on ground but switches QNH to STD right away, previously my B adjusted to local pressure and only above transition ALT it switched to STD. Will check my keybinds tomorrow just to be sure this is not on my end only

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

did a quick spin from LOWI into LOWS, great flying and landing into RWY15. only thing I noticed is that the B key (subject to your keybinding) does not calibrate anymore QNH to current local values while on ground but switches QNH to STD right away, previously my B adjusted to local pressure and only above transition ALT it switched to STD. Will check my keybinds tomorrow just to be sure this is not on my end only

Mine is working fine. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Contrails are Back!!!!

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

52 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Now it's done we can move on to some of the fun stuff!

Remote MCDU? 😉

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mine is working fine. 

Thx will check my B then tomorrow 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Well lately my sim has been ctding during the middle of my flights, so I can't do a full test flight, but I did some touch and go's and the landing is much improved now (at least from my pov).

33 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Remote MCDU? 😉

Yes please!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

First landing after update 190 FPM.....🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

First landing after update 190 FPM.....🙂

Just curious what everyone thinks is a good landing.... I've heard anything under 500fpm, anything under 250, or anything you can walk away from is good. When evaluating your landings, what do you all think is good?  I shoot for anything under 300 fpm and in the touchdown zone.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Just curious what everyone thinks is a good landing....

Any one that you can walk away from. 😶

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

37 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Yes please!

C

I'll take one was well Sir.

Of course, I need to start flying her again...been way too long.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

17 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Just curious what everyone thinks is a good landing.... I've heard anything under 500fpm, anything under 250, or anything you can walk away from is good. When evaluating your landings, what do you all think is good?  I shoot for anything under 300 fpm and in the touchdown zone.  

It really does depend on the circumstances too, in high wind and bad weather you would rather just stick it down. But yes any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. 

15 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

To me a good landing is in part the landing rate and touchdown point as you stated, but it's also how controlled we are on the flare as we TD. I don't really care if I get a landing rate above 200. The main issue I and others had was that the physics didn't quite feel right at the flare and we either slammed it down hard or floated, not much of a sweet spot in the middle. Aamir describes what we were running into here.

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Just curious what everyone thinks is a good landing.... I've heard anything under 500fpm, anything under 250, or anything you can walk away from is good

The best answer of these three choices is "anything you can walk away from."  This isn't to say that crashing a landing on is met with the same approval as a landing that's perceived as smooth, it's rather to say that in the real world, no pilot ever has any idea of their touchdown rate.  It's not measured, and is not a metric that enters into anyone's evaluation of a "good landing."

The real metrics are, first and foremost without any concessions, are: stable, on speed, in the touchdown zone and before your calculated latest touchdown point, on centerline, and with proper crosswind correction and thrust management.

Once those conditions have all been met 100%, then you can start worrying about what will be perceived as a "smooth" landing.  And yes, rate of descent at touchdown is ONE factor here, but only one.  For instance, you could touch down at -50fpm but if you do so in a crab without applying any crosswind correction, that landing is going to suck, from a passenger's point of view ;).

In simmer videos, you often see things like floating beyond the touchdown zone and carrying power in an effort to "butter" the landing (and completely ignoring crosswind correction).  -5fpm but 4,000ft down the runway and crooked?  Gee, congrats... you just unsat-ed your line check.  Let's go find somewhere quiet to debrief and talk about remediation ;).

Focus on fpm at touchdown is entirely a make-believe sim construct.  It is not actually a thing.

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 3

Andrew Crowley

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

For me with the previous version a good landing was one I didn’t arrive sideways at the gate after touching down 😂

• Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png