Sign in to follow this  
mspencer

An on-topic discussion of xEnviro

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Mathijs isn't wrong though...

I think he made some good points. It's certainly "wow" how much controversy the dev has caused by this release. I wonder how all this bad publicity will affect xEnviro. 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 hours ago, cmorg said:

Kok: Pot to Kettle, come in, Kettle.

Still wouldn't buy xE for any platform.

Could not have said it better myself.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think he made some good points. It's certainly "wow" how much controversy the dev has caused by this release. I wonder how all this bad publicity will affect xEnviro. 

xE was already having a bad publicity back in XP11 since Magnus is being famous of his rudeness and deleting posts from the facebook group for any even slight criticism plus the forever beta product. Now with this release in MSFS, his publicity is tanked to the ground even further 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

9 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Mathijs isn't wrong though...

Well, let's be honest, though, Mr. Kok didn't jump into the FSElite thread out of the goodness of his heart......

13 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Well, let's be honest, though, Mr. Kok didn't jump into the FSElite thread out of the goodness of his heart......

True.
Though, to be fair to him, he is transparent about why he is posting...

My problem is that the potential problems with a release like this, and the way it is released, affects other commercial DLC.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

13 hours ago, Doering said:

Wow!
This is a phrase for the books:

”The Echo Chambers of Haters”

Sounds like a reject Harry Potter title.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, spearmint_flyer said:

Mathis V Magnus. The closest thing simmers will get to a prime-time fight on HBO.🥴

Or one of those fights where they are in a cage. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I’m thinking about picking this up now as I have a discount, if nothing else, just to have a backup for when the default live weather is down. Also the FB page does show some interesting higher-level cirrus results.

Can anyone who has it say if a) there’s a frame rate hit and b) interferes with the new default CFD features?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

34 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I’m thinking about picking this up now as I have a discount, if nothing else, just to have a backup for when the default live weather is down. Also the FB page does show some interesting higher-level cirrus results.

Can anyone who has it say if a) there’s a frame rate hit and b) interferes with the new default CFD features?

At the moment I don't think there are that many takers for the product so you may have to be the one to provide those answers to other people,

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

You may be one of the few that try it, so let us know how it goes. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Times are over where you need weather and landclass addons. Wouldn’t install that even for free 

• Like 6

Lukas Dalton

Nah. Spent a bit more time looking at videos of it in action and it really doesn’t seem to offer much improvement (at the moment).

it really is going to be a tough sell for them. They only really have a brand with XP alumni, and among them it’s hardly a strong brand.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

10 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Nah. Spent a bit more time looking at videos of it in action and it really doesn’t seem to offer much improvement (at the moment).

it really is going to be a tough sell for them. They only really have a brand with XP alumni, and among them it’s hardly a strong brand.

Well it was made in two weeks without testing just to milk some $$$, wouldn't expect anything from it. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super