Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

New PMDG Development Update Available

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/223434-29oct22-very-quick-weekend-update-entropy-abounds#post223456

Take it from someone who has taught his share of chemical thermodynamics, entropy is a somewhat overused word. Nonetheless, an interesting update.

Good weekend everyone.

• Like 10

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Would be cool if they could show a preview of the EFB. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Glad they're making progress on the universal flight tablet, 'cause for a moment there I was worried how I'd use a Universal Flight Table.......

Edited by RobF2
  • Like 1

The 738 is just so solid in SU10 it's a true joy from gate to gate but I am really looking forward to their 777.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

The 738 is just so solid in SU10 it's a true joy from gate to gate but I am really looking forward to their 777.

I'm just wrapping up my 1st flight with the new updates RSR mentions to the tame the MSFS atmospheric dynamics, and she feels even more solid now (very subjective I know and may be a bit of placebo as she's always flown well)!

I went thru some pretty heavy weather and she handles it way smoother now....not bouncing and jerking nearly as much and the wings taking alot of the movement and inertia....like they're supposed to.  I think she's the nicest flying airliner in the sim, great frames too.

As I climbed thru the layer you see in the pic, it seemed exactly as I've experienced IRL as a pax, may be placebo as I don't think they adjusted wing flex, but possibly now that they've adjusted for the choppy atmospheric effects in MSFS, the wings reacted much more realistically. 

The autopilot handled the arrival and approach perfectly, and I disconnected the AP at about 10 miles and she hand flew smoothly with a 10kt crosswind.

This is my latest paint I'm testing along with the update...she'll eventually make it over to Germany to start her tour of duty (Currently crossing the US....just did a KDFW>KTPA leg).  I love the reflection of the orange'ish clouds on the engine. It was a gorgeous flight! 
This is the BCF version of the 738, dressed up as a German P8, I'm still on SU 10, but others on the beta team should be testing SU11 in the next few days as well.

zM3jky.png

Here is the flight data and the weather I flew threw

gTVUcX.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 hours ago, RobF2 said:

Glad they're making progress .

Oh yeah on EFB 'progress': considering only a few months back it was supposed to already be in Beta testing Last month, the statements were nothing more than straight up lies.

26 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Oh yeah on EFB 'progress': considering only a few months back it was supposed to already be in Beta testing Last month, the statements were nothing more than straight up lies.

Looking back at the Oct updates they posted, they didn’t say it was already in beta testing. I can’t substantiate what they said then vs now as being lies, unless you can point to a post they they said it was in beta already. I’m not seeing that statement from them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

What’s the drama?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just this moment we have pushed into testing a product-wide update that will improve cross-compatibility between SU11 and SU10 for the 737. This will eliminate some nuisance issues that have been disruptive for SU11 Beta users- which should improve testing feedback to Asobo from 737 users overall. This new build also includes the usual smattering of small fixes and cleanup details, but the *big* change is that this pending update brings a significant improvement in stability of the flight director in both roll and pitch, while also improving control logic for the yaw and thrust channels. This leads to greater realism in all phases of flight as our F/D and aircraft control law are now able to work with the aggressive dynamics of the MSFS atmosphere while still delivering a realistic flying experience for the user. We have effectively eliminated the "fight" between the thrust channel and the pitch channel that resulted from pitch coupling as the thrust channel worked to keep speed in an overly dynamic environment. This represents a huge amount of work that has taken most of the summer, but we are really happy with the change.

I'd be interested if they think this behavior is indeed overexaggerated in MSFS (and they should tune it down), or they are just happy to have found a solution to cope with a dynamic environment now.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Apart from the usual "Captains" making my (evanescent) hair stand on end, ( btw, how the heck did the manager of X-Aviation also had the unfortunate idea of adopting that rather irritating noun to start his development threads ??? ), I have to admit the PMDG 737 is at the top of my preferred addons for MFS, yes, even ahead of the Fenix !

Good to know about the progress with the tablet !

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I have to admit the PMDG 737 is at the top of my preferred addons for MFS, yes, even ahead of the Fenix !

It sounds like. I don't own the 737 yet, cause I prefer Airbus. 😄 But I'll get it eventually. And for the Airbus, I think FSL are also working on a NEO variant. So we'll see what they bring to the table.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 minute ago, tweekz said:

It sounds like. I don't own the 737 yet, cause I prefer Airbus. 😄 But I'll get it eventually. And for the Airbus, I think FSL are also working on a NEO variant. So we'll see what they bring to the table.

Airbus is also by far my preferred airliner... Long goes the time I was a fan of "Boing"... Spent thousands of hours in all sorts of sim addons, and specific Boeing sims like PS1 and PSX, but the Airbus charm eventually conquered me...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

25 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Don't expect FSL bringing anything into MSFS table before 2025-2026 at this rate by that time MS may move on or be on another version.

As far as PMDG i'm still waiting on a 777 that I previously used on FSX .

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Don't expect FSL bringing anything into MSFS table before 2025-2026

I'm pretty content with the Fenix. They also show great effort to improve the product, so everything's fine.

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

What are the salient points? I can't read those updates, they do my head in.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU