Sign in to follow this  
Crokybird

X-Plane 12 full release in December 2022

5 hours ago, UKflyer said:

i have really bad fps with latest beta anyone else? RTX 3080ti/11900k

Zibo's 737 is a CPU time hog and not such a good aircraft to fly when complaining about low FPS.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

2 hours ago, brinx said:

They already confirmed WASM for xbox has shifted to SU 12 early next yr

I actually checked after I asked, and yep, still no sign of this basic functionality 

https://msfsaddons.com/2022/10/17/wasm-support-for-xbox-and-scenery-gateway-system-slated-to-launch-with-sim-update-12/

They cutting it very close, while xplane 12 is just slated to start its new 5 year long journey in December, aiui Asobo has until December to secure the funding needed for further development beyond 23Q1. 

Quite exciting to see how they will compete for mindshare next year.

2 hours ago, Bulva said:

- The XP12 is the first time in my life that I haven't paid for the full version since its release
- XP12 vs XP11 ---> a huge waste of $$$ and time I spent making the XP11 look "beautiful" and "good" 😉
- XP12 -> rain, seasons ... of course I want it, but how many hours is it waiting for me to have what I had before ....
- clouds ???? well as pilot I avoid them. I've had very satisfying 2D views of the clouds (except when they rotate when I fly into them ;-)). Volumetric, although more perfect, but they kill my FPS and are "bland".

I was fairly concerned for all these before beginning the switch to XP12 last year. There are also a couple of "big ticket" items for me that are not slated until after the initial release: most notably openXR which you touched on, and also synthetic vision.

XP12 wont be able to simulate this properly in VR until sometime after the December release:

But also, thats all OK, the goal of early access is to take us into the future involving the entire XP community, and I'm absolutely loving it already.

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Asobo has until December to secure the funding needed for further development beyond 23Q1. 

What? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What? 

The difference between doing it not just as a continual job for commercial customers, but also a passion (Laminar) and throwing it at gamers for the benefit of shareholders, is for shareholders any further development needs specific funding.

Asobo is due to announce if and what will be released after SU12 due early 2023 on the 31st of this month, the money they got for a couple more years dev from equity firm Sagard NewGen in Jan 2021 after MS dropped them was 2 years ago, so they have to make a solid profit case for anything further - spend X get Y more sales.

LR currently has papered in a development plan and continual dev resources allocated up until 2032/33, 5 years post release on XP12 and another 5 years on the version after that.

MS lot may not comment much on

but they are certainly aware....

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

19 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

Yeah Smart enough not to embarrass themselves like thee with SU5 and SU7 on a full release.

Well, when you are on the stage in front of millions like MSFS, there is a lot of pressure to get it right.

BTW, note how you mentioned SU5 and SU7 "after" the full release (not to mention the WUs). When LR gets to this level of commitment & dedication "after " the release, then we can discuss further.

And since you insist on using Steam as a benchmark 61000 to 8000 that about 13%.

I don't insist on using Steam as a benchmark, I just use Steam to show how users "insist" on sticking with XP11 as opposed to XP12.

I didn't say to stop at 2019, you have go back to 2014 or earlier and all the years since then, he was there.

He was there...diverting resources to the mobile platform...

16 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

You are so mis informed. I am just quoting you this part in particular : this came after Austin saw xEnviro in action. If I am not mistaken, before MSFS was on the horizon.

You are mistaken...

Austin did nothing to improve his clouds until after MSFS; and he did little to assist XE (according to XE Devs) to assist them in trying to enhance XPs sky. You need to watch that XE vid with Awith; (1) It showed just how much out of touch he was with the 3PD Devs trying to enhance XP and (2) Austin even admits that his clouds were lacking.

I'd say Ausitn was so misinformed...and even when becoming aware...did nothing about it until ---> MSFS arrived on the scene.

how many titles do you know that improved performance during current versio, without needing new hardware?

MSFS did. How many flight sim titles do you know continued monthly updates / features / scenery / custom airports by the DEV / aircraft some 2 years after their release?

I mean, you do realize that the 40th anniversary "update" is creating more buzz than the XP12 "release".

but haters are going to hate.

Great point, note how Austin has to throw a jab at MSFS in some of his recent interview.s He even went into the comments section of one of his vids to respond to throw dirt at MSFS. He takes on the toxic attitude that I see in his loyal fan base.

I don't think that many people "hate on" the unpopular second / third place guy, they usually hate on the more popular first place guy.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

I'd say Ausitn was so misinformed...and even when becoming aware...did nothing about it until ---> MSFS arrived on the scene.

Do you know what Austin was doing while the lead developers in Asobo were getting their first experience of aviation taking their PPL licence?

Working with aircraft manufacturers creating the next generation of real world aircraft.

So perhaps consider that just maybe its not him that was misinformed about what is important in simulating flight..... 

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

48 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

He takes on the toxic attitude that I see in his loyal fan base.

Good grief, so many people like yourself frequent the XP forum and talk about MSFS!  I like many other will use multiple sims and get the best out of each of them.  I haven't been in MSFS much since the public beta release of XP12, yet you won't find me in an MSFS forum slating it - its a good sim!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, OverTheEDJ said:

He was there...diverting resources to the mobile platform...

Yes, this was a brilliant move. Mobile is a huge revenue stream for LR. To think of the disaster if they had gone with DX12 instead of Vulkan... Ooof. 

Austin has to throw a jab at MSFS in some of his recent interview

Has to? He's been taking public shots at M$ for decades. Does that hurt your feelings? It's called marketing. Get over it.

I'd say Ausitn was so misinformed

Not misinformed. This is playing poker with a financial sumo wrestler. To suggest that this is an even playing table is daft. "Misinformed", to say it politely. He's fully aware that eye candy sells far more than accurate physics. He's fully aware that the latter is his main playing card. He's a small business owner being cautious in a volatile, razor thin market. You don't scramble to play all your cards just because of a minority of whiny avsimmers.

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What? 

As mSparks explained, Asobo's future developing M$F$ is uncertain at the moment. Their calendar for 2023 has been very sparse for a long time now. A few scenery updates here and there and that's it. Everyone's so giddy about all the wonderful changes to hit M$F$ recently: Gliders! Helicopters! Weather! The reality is that this could very well be the rain before the drought. They are releasing features like mad because there's very possibly no money left in the bank for them.

If you are a praying person, wouldn't be a bad idea to take a knee for a bit. But don't pray for Asobo. They're a game studio. They have a life beyond fancy ortho scenery visualization software.

Edited by blingthinger
  • Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Do you know what Austin was doing while the lead developers in Asobo were getting their first experience of aviation taking their PPL licence?

Now waitaminute. Didn't they practice with Xplane first? Yeah, that's right! Asobo's people trained with non-commercial copies of XP11 before the PPL. Or was that to help write the force-coefficient-scaling element model into FSX? Both, no doubt.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

25 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Asobo's people trained with non-commercial copies of XP11 before the PPL.

Well, there are two conflicting pieces of evidence there, one is

https://austinmeyer.com/ok-this-is-just-plain-funny/

The other is this from the original MS documentation

RzmcUcJ.png

So they were well into development and documentation write up before they had a clue about the power of XP or what BET was (which I'm reasonably sure they didn't know until investigating following question time in the very first dev interview)

If I was asked to hypothesise the chain of events under the assumption that the June 2021 mail to Austin was true - and I don't really have reason to doubt it - I would put forward that the mass XP piracy started as a consequence of MS slashing the budget such that they no longer had funds to use real aircraft.

🤷‍♀️

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

RzmcUcJ.png

Ahhh!! I've been wanting to see what this originally looked like!!! I wonder if Austin sent lawyers after them to change it? Maybe their own lawyers got skittish?

I don't doubt your timeline nor Austin's blog post at all. It makes perfect sense. Short of putting accelerometers on real aircraft to get measurements or begging airframers for said data, there's literally no other way to collect dynamic performance behavior in the order of months or even years, than XP. It's also the perfect learning tool for students (or employees under pressure, in this case). Tons of data output options...It's all there.

1 hour ago, blingthinger said:

I wonder if Austin sent lawyers after them to change it? Maybe their own lawyers got skittish?

I can't even begin to guess what possessed them to write it in the first place, let alone how it got past legal and into the public domain.

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Samples_And_Tutorials/Primers/Flight_Model_Physics.htm

ROFL "whereas in other simulators", omg that is some quality editing there. 

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Good grief, so many people like yourself frequent the XP forum and talk about MSFS!  I like many other will use multiple sims and get the best out of each of them.  I haven't been in MSFS much since the public beta release of XP12, yet you won't find me in an MSFS forum slating it - its a good sim!

Well said, i also use both... great times for all simmers.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

13 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

Of course it also depends on where you fly. In this case I was above Fuerteventura. If you fly low and slow above NYC with the Zibo ...

i think i was over spain to TFS, nothing special lol