Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TNCM St. Maarten with SU11

Glad I stumbled onto this thread. I didn't even realise that there was an Asobo version of TNCM and I've had the AWD version for a while now. Popped in to the CM and disabled the Asobo version.

Seriously, I do not find any TNCM from Asobo in the Marketplace, also not any of the other three airports that were released with SU11, here I do not even know which ones they are...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Seriously, I do not find any TNCM from Asobo in the Marketplace, also not any of the other three airports that were released with SU11, here I do not even know which ones they are...

Look in your Content Manager, not in the Marketplace.

• Like 1

Bert

12 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

No addon, just as the airport comes. I did uninstall the AWE version.

Lee

That's not possible. the parking space is too small for A330s at the new TNCM, even tried force spawning one with AI Companion, it won't.

Either you have another one, or something made your A330's wingspan smaller.

Edited by Tuskin38

Being I once had my rear end handed to me by an MD-80 at the fence... I'm partial to the AWD version.  I'd like to delete the Asobo version, but I can't find TNCM or and other description in the content manager.

Edited by R1200RTPilot
  • Like 1

I cannot find TNCM in content manager!! I want to try the fs.to file that melds Microsoft version and AWD's version. I know good and well that TNCM exists in my sim, because I fly it quite a bit. So where is it? I've already backed up a copy of TNCM -( microsoft-airport- tncm-princess-juliana) to put in the community folder (after I uninstall Asobo's TNCM) - but can't uninstall it if it's not in content manager.. What is my feeble brain missing? I am running a Steam install.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 11/21/2022 at 4:43 PM, Tuskin38 said:

Just search TNCM. Which one is asobo should be obvious 

managed to find it (and delete it) - but now I want to install it again where can I find it? (if I search TNCM seems to bring up nothing!)

21 hours ago, cyril972 said:

I made that mod for compatibility between AWD TNCM and Microsoft TNCM https://flightsim.to/file/43771/st-marteen-tcnm-enhancement-en-compatibility-mod-for-microsoft-tncm

I did not put proper installation instructions because I rushed it, but I just updated the mod to add a bunch of thing and this time a readme with installation instructions

As I said nefore microsoft (GAYA) TNCM is much better than AWD in my opinion, I already compared both on MSFS forum

-First the grass, the grass texture is spot on in the latest release, in AWD it’s a weird irish green and the texture doest follow satellite imagery. GAYA is yellowish and it does follow the imperfection of the ground you see on satellite imagery instead of being a perfect green golf like AWD has done.

-Then asphalt texture, the asphalt texture is again, spot on, sharp, no blurryness at all, completely custum, the tiremark on the runway are not dark enough but miles better than AWD really, just open some satellite imagery you will be able to compare.

-The runway, the runway texture as I said is really close to real life, closer than AWD, the runway is also not totally flat, AWD is flatter than a pancake. But, in real life TNCM runway is actually curved and both fail to capture this curvature, I’m workin on a mod to correct that, It’s possible to « slopemod » GAYA TNCM but impossible with AWD, (I already tried both).

-The Jetway, AWD uses MSFS default jetway, obviously they looks nothing like that in real life, GAYA TNCM use custum jetway and they are spot on, again.

-Maho beach, maho beach is flat with AWD, zero relief but the beach is populated with animated people. GAYA is not populated but the beach looks more like a dune, closer to real life.

-Also the vegetation is better with GAYA, it involves custum palm trees that you would see at SXM. AWD msfs uses generic palm trees, they are too big and that type of palm trees cannot be seen in the Caribbean but in north Africa and in some middle est countries.

-Static aircraft, AWD uses custum statics aircraf, private jet, Winair Twin Otter, DHL C208, really great placement a great variety that represent the plane you would see at TNCM. GAYA use msfs default static aircraft, a bit of a désappointement, I will remove them and add AIG static aircraft instead in my mod.

-AWD comes with TNCM and TFFG, wich is an even more interresting airport than TNCM to me, it is located on the french part of the island, you’ll see Twin Otter, C208 grand caravan, pilatus PC12 and ATR on this airfield. Fun fact ATR has to use reverse before taking of in order to get more available runways distance for takeoff.

With this compatibility mod I could keep the beach people from AWD and add them to the GAYA enhanced version, but I dont know if AWD would be happy with that🧐

just giving your mod a try - managed to find the asobo TNCM simply by searching TNCM in content manager (then deleted it to try the AWD one) - now I want to reinstall the asobo TNCM (to move to the community folder as per your instructions) but when I search TNCM in the content manager nothing comes up?)

2 hours ago, mac44 said:

just giving your mod a try - managed to find the asobo TNCM simply by searching TNCM in content manager (then deleted it to try the AWD one) - now I want to reinstall the asobo TNCM (to move to the community folder as per your instructions) but when I search TNCM in the content manager nothing comes up?)

Look for « TNCM Princess juliana » into the content manager, make sure to search for it into the « Not installed » tab you should find it

45 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

Look for « TNCM Princess juliana » into the content manager, make sure to search for it into the « Not installed » tab you should find it

strange did not find it when I searched in the content manager for all variations of TNCM (in the not installed and the installed sections) - although to delete it I found it searching for TNCM - strangely I have the payware heathrow so my (deleted) asobo heathrow is still searchable and showing in the uninstalled!

another new airport from the recent (kai tak) is defintely installed but I can not search it on the content manager......any help appreciated? (seems almost as if I might need to download the 40th anniversary update again!)

4 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I cannot find TNCM in content manager!! I want to try the fs.to file that melds Microsoft version and AWD's version. I know good and well that TNCM exists in my sim, because I fly it quite a bit. So where is it? I've already backed up a copy of TNCM -( microsoft-airport- tncm-princess-juliana) to put in the community folder (after I uninstall Asobo's TNCM) - but can't uninstall it if it's not in content manager.. What is my feeble brain missing? I am running a Steam install.

strange also having similar issues locating - found and deleted TNCM initially in the content manager (so I could test the AWD version) - now trying to install the asobo version again and can not find any trace of it in the content manger - anyone any ideas? (weirdly another new airport (kai tak is actually installed) - but can not search it in the content manager either....

Both sceneries are great, but Gaya/Asobo's version would best if they added the beachgoers.
The Gaya resort area is gorgeous and has better flight line and entry bridge with proper collisions!
Airworthy version has the much more detailed Algeria/Beach Area.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I’ll see if it’s possible to keep them by modifying the compatibility mod so it behave like a “filter”, letting some of the elements of AWD pass through it and erasing some. 

-A lot of folks seem to be missing the beach people so I’ll see..so

-Also some of AWD static aircrafts (private jet, winnair Twin Otter, and FedEx C208) because I see that many people don’t have AIG 3D models 

I can’t add AWD elements directly into the Enhancement mod because It could be considered as a reuse of payware elements, even though I do that quite often for personal use. 

Edited by cyril972
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

I’ll see if it’s possible to keep them by modifying the compatibility mod so it behave like a “filter”, letting some of the elements of AWD pass through it and erasing some. 

-A lot of folks seem to be missing the beach people so I’ll see..so

This would be great! 

• Like 2

I also do not have the Asobo TNCM (or Kai Tak) in the Content Manager. Only the AWD payware. Checked both Installed and Not Installed. Something clearly amiss as it appears I am not the only one with this issue.

A quick visit to TNCM shows double markings so Asobo’s version is definite  installed but invisible in Content Manager. Any other ideas on how to find and delete it safely? On Steam.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor