Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

MSFS Controller Setups

Hi is there a mod for the MSFS controller menu where you can choose a master setting and it switches all your different devices to it's proper settings? For example instead if me choosing my yoke, bravo, sim panel and more to PMDG737 setting then when I choose the Fenix I have to go and to each device again and change it. Thinking If there was a master button where if I choose PMDG 737 it will change all the different devices to it's proper plane. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I'd be keen to know if such a thing exists. I also have multiple device/controller settings (matched to different FSUIPC profiles) and find having to go through up to four selections each time I change aircraft a total pain.

X-Plane does it much better - profiles can be set up on a per-aircraft basis.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hello,

If you are geek enough, you can use Spad.neXt

You will find a lot of tutos on Youtube and you can upload shared prebuilt profiles.

I was using fsuipc but now I know Spad this is my favorite because you also have LVAR.

You assign aircrafts to your profiles and then the profile is automatically selected.

But I agree, MS should have a master

Franck

spacer.png

It would be nice to load these on a per-aircraft basis -- I wonder if this has ever been brought up as a feature request on the MS forum?

It would be a nice convenience that's for sure.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

21 minutes ago, Mace said:

It would be nice to load these on a per-aircraft basis -- I wonder if this has ever been brought up as a feature request on the MS forum?

It would be a nice convenience that's for sure.

It would be and I would support it for sure.  That being said I only have an old Cessna Trim Wheel I use for nose-wheel steering (all planes), a TM Boeing Edition Yoke and a TM BE TQ.  I'm able to use the same buttons and axes for all planes but the one feature I miss is sensitivities per plane.  That alone would work for me.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've always wondered how a game that calls itself a simulation uses only one profile for such a variation of aircraft.
It proves again that the sim part in Flightsimluator is not taken very seriously and that this version of FS has the main focus on one thing: eye-candy.
The more i use it, the more disappointment it generates. The breaking point to shelve it is getting closer with each update.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

I've always wondered how a game that calls itself a simulation uses only one profile for such a variation of aircraft.
It proves again that the sim part in Flightsimluator is not taken very seriously and that this version of FS has the main focus on one thing: eye-candy.
The more i use it, the more disappointment it generates. The breaking point to shelve it is getting closer with each update.

Seriously?

I agree, controller profiles would be welcome, even more as the variety of planes grows. However, I feel taking this as the main criterium for judging a simulator is just off.

My 2c.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

A drop down list for all different controller profiles instead of scrolling between them would be welcome, equally for all aircraft.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Wait. Can't you just create profiles for each aircraft?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Wait. Can't you just create profiles for each aircraft?

Yes we can, but then when we select the aircraft we have to pick the correct profile for each of the controlers...

In other simulators you can assign profiles to aircraft so that when you load a given aircraft  the corresponding profile is automatically loaded for each controller...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

26 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Yes we can, but then when we select the aircraft we have to pick the correct profile for each of the controlers...

In other simulators you can assign profiles to aircraft so that when you load a given aircraft  the corresponding profile is automatically loaded for each controller...

Maybe it's just me. You have to click to choose the aircraft in the first place, then click again for your livery... click some more for your weather, click to choose your Airport.. One more click to change the profile doesn't seem all that onerous...

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Maybe it's just me. You have to click to choose the aircraft in the first place, then click again for your livery... click some more for your weather, click to choose your Airport.. One more click to change the profile doesn't seem all that onerous...

It is... because if you have 2 or more controllers you'll have to select the profile for each one 😕  

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Lorbys Axis and Ohs does this for MSFS, P3D and probably Xplane, too.

• Like 3

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

14 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Lorbys Axis and Ohs does this for MSFS, P3D and probably Xplane, too.

XP11 and 12 have that by default. When you build a profile you can then associate it with various aircraft.

Same in DCS and IL-2.

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

17 minutes ago, jcomm said:

XP11 and 12 have that by default. When you build a profile you can then associate it with various aircraft.

Same in DCS and IL-2.

It's not a BIG issue, but it is an inconvenience that MSFS doesn't do this. I fully expected MSFS to have profiles "stick" to an aircraft (or livery) once selected.
Especially when you have more than a few profiles it gets tedious to select another since you can only click "next" and then have to wait for the profile to load before you can click "next" again. At least it should be a drop-down menu, and combining all controllers in a single profile (with subprofiles for each controller).

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5