Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

The holy grail...

30 minutes ago, desbean said:

Thanks for the info. I did order a new hdmi cable for support the 120/4k. I hadn't heard of flip mode being related to g-sync. Is PC mode on the TV's HDMI Input a setting in the TV?

Yes it is. Flip mode allows gsync to function properly. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How to activate flip mode? Did a Google search and came up with 

CTRL + ALT + Right Arrow: Changes to Portrait (Flipped) mode

But surely that can’t be it. Or can it?

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

How to activate flip mode? Did a Google search and came up with 

But surely that can’t be it. Or can it?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/optimizations-for-windowed-games-in-windows-11-3f006843-2c7e-4ed0-9a5e-f9389e535952

with DX12 I believe it’s used as default, it’s mainly just for older DX11 games I think. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/optimizations-for-windowed-games-in-windows-11-3f006843-2c7e-4ed0-9a5e-f9389e535952

with DX12 I believe it’s used as default, it’s mainly just for older DX11 games I think. 

Thanks, it's starting to make sense now. The option is greyed out but as you say it could be on by default. 

EC9lDm7.jpg

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

31 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Thanks, it's starting to make sense now. The option is greyed out but as you say it could be on by default. 

EC9lDm7.jpg

Grayed out? Strange mine isn’t. Do you have auto HDR on? Edit: just seen you have ha, so it forces it on. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:03 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Thanks again. I have the LG-C2 42" all set up. My original main monitor is on the right. Anyone thinking about upgrading should maybe look now at the LG-C2 42". It's got the best picture you can buy, smooth as silk in MSFS, and about $300-$400 off right now for Black Friday. Running on a 3080 was smooth at full resolution but my card gets very hot, so reduced it in MSFS, still looks great. Small workstation, I had to improvise 🙂.

spacer.png

Edited by desbean
  • Like 3

On 11/21/2022 at 10:49 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

EC9lDm7.jpg

Mine greyout too. I think if you use g-sync monitor and choose to use it, you can't use HDR. At least on my end it its like that. I either can get HDR or G-Sync

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Mine greyout too. I think if you use g-sync monitor and choose to use it, you can't use HDR. At least on my end it its like that. I either can get HDR or G-Sync

If you use auto HDR then it forces it on 🙂 

4 hours ago, desbean said:

Small workstation, I had to improvise 🙂

Great setup! If I wasn't simming on my LG CX 77" OLED in the living room, I would probably have gone for an OLED around 40" for a desk setup. My Acer 37,5" LED XR382CQK Curved IPS is just collecting dust in the office (had it since 2018).

Having the big screen setup, it's just too clunky to use my peripherals gear (HOTAS Warthog and MFG crosswind pedals on a wheel stand pro). I really should look into a more lightweight, minimalistic, non-invasive setup with a higher WAP 😉 

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm using HDR and G-sync without issues. Not sure why you can't. Is G-sync disabled in Nvidia control panel when you have HDR on in the windows display menu?

Edited by Cpt_Piett

20 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Great setup! If I wasn't simming on my LG CX 77" OLED in the living room, I would probably have gone for an OLED around 40" for a desk setup. My Acer 37,5" LED XR382CQK Curved IPS is just collecting dust in the office (had it since 2018).

Having the big screen setup, it's just too clunky to use my peripherals gear (HOTAS Warthog and MFG crosswind pedals on a wheel stand pro). I really should look into a more lightweight, minimalistic, non-invasive setup with a higher WAP 😉 

I'm using HDR and G-sync without issues. Not sure why you can't. Is G-sync disabled in Nvidia control panel when you have HDR on in the windows display menu?

Interesting, I gotta check again!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 11/19/2022 at 12:40 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Has been achieved! After two decades of 30 FPS fixed and then 40 FPS fixed... Frame generation with 4090 and 7950X CPU using TAA with G-Sync = WOW! 

I have this running with G-Sync on an LG-C1 and I am gobsmacked. Its silky smooth, and with TrackIR it IS the holy grail! My initial reaction was WOW, and now it is double WOW! I mean out of big hubs at 120 FPS (max fps/hz my TV can do!) it is unbelievable. I even had traffic running and everything on Ultra.

I am amazed, and I would 100% recommend anyone looking to upgrade this combo is mind blowing! 

10/10 from me.

Spec is AMD 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000MHZ, PNY 4090, all water-cooled. LG-C1 65" 120HZ G-sync 4K.

10/10? Are you getting black lines on the water?

Black lines in the water - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

59 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Yeah 10 being the highest rating and 1 being the lowest. 
No, I am not, that I am aware of anyways 

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yeah 10 being the highest rating and 1 being the lowest. 
No, I am not, that I am aware of anyways 

No black lines on the water showing up in and around LIPV near Venice?  Do you mind double-checking?  Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 11/21/2022 at 1:12 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Make sure you plug in with a good hdmi cable that’s supports 120hz. And make sure you select 120hz in windows settings for the display. Make sure either you run MsFS in DX12 mode OR you have flip mode enabled in windows 10/11 (this will allow g-sync to function correctly).

also make sure that you select hgig as the HDR display brightness in the LG settings and that you have game optimiser mode enabled. And one last thing, make sure you have PC mode enabled on the HDMI input on your tv. 

🙂 

Ian - just got my new build up and running. A 7800x3d with a 4800RTX on a LG C1 OLED. Read through this thread and wanted to make sure i have the correct settings In MSFS I have DX12 with frame generation selected and using TAA as well. In NCP, under resolution I scrolled down to the PC selection and input 3840x2160 at 120Hz. Is this what you have set? So with FG, 120 is effectively 240fps? That seems insanely high for MSFS? 

Eric 

36 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Ian - just got my new build up and running. A 7800x3d with a 4800RTX on a LG C1 OLED. Read through this thread and wanted to make sure i have the correct settings In MSFS I have DX12 with frame generation selected and using TAA as well. In NCP, under resolution I scrolled down to the PC selection and input 3840x2160 at 120Hz. Is this what you have set? So with FG, 120 is effectively 240fps? That seems insanely high for MSFS? 

I don't have a 4080 or 4090. But even with frame generation, I don't think you can get 240 FPS in MSFS, even at 1080p resolution. I have yet to see any video that shows this.

I think I did see something like up to 140 FPS in a Youtube video, but that was with a default aircraft, no add-on scenery, and an area that was not heavy with photogrammetry. Once you throw in complex aircraft like the Fenix A320, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, custom handcrafted airports, etc, I doubt you will get anything close to 140 FPS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM