Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFSers, Navigraph 2022 survey needs survey takers again!

I tried to take the survey the other day, and it has a flaw in it that won't let me move on to the next page. Where it asks about the different aircraft that I fly, the one engine plane I checked "Often" but it won't take anything except "Rarely" as an answer. So, until that gets fixed, I am not going to fill out that survey as it would be erroneus information. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Done a few days ago

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Done yesterday, too.

I didn't have the issue of @sniper31 which supposedly depends on the special combination of planes. In any case, I would let Navigraph know about this issue.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

In any case, I would let Navigraph know about this issue.

I plan on giving the survey one more try, and then I was going to notify them. I also wanted to see if anyone else had that problem or if it was just me, before I bother them.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Thought it was curious that Avsim was not mentioned in the list of channels while there were a bunch of sites I have never heard of.

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

What is the point of this survey (except for marketing data)?

As somebody who has been deeply engrossed in this hobby for many years I'm always interested to see the trends in flight sim customers.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

18 minutes ago, Johan217 said:

Thought it was curious that Avsim was not mentioned in the list of channels while there were a bunch of sites I have never heard of.

It was in one of the options, I forget which.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

As somebody who has been deeply engrossed in this hobby for many years I'm always to see the trends in flight sim customers.  

I've taken the survey for many years. But as you say I do not think it's conclusions are meaningful except perhaps identifying certain trends. The cohort of those completing the survey is very narrow I suspect, consisting primarily of dedicated simmers subscribed to Navigraph. It is not a snapshot of all those using a flight sim by any means.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I've taken the survey for many years. But as you say I do not think it's conclusions are meaningful except perhaps identifying certain trends. The cohort of those completing the survey is very narrow I suspect, consisting primarily of dedicated simmers subscribed to Navigraph. It is not a snapshot of all those using a flight sim by any means.

I've long thought a good way to gauge customer feedback is to have Optional Surveys/Polls in game, rather than the old & current way of relying on 3rd party surveys (like this), forum "votes", general consensus and the like.

A bit like the Steam Surveys in a way, but actual game specific, so for example for MSFS you would be asking direct questions with related to this Sim which would provide far better feedback.

Aside from that I find these Navigraph surveys a bit of fun each year, but yeah they don't tell the whole story, just a small section of it.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I have already completed the survey from a link elsewhere, but it seems that I could easily complete it again using the link at the start of this thread. Is there some kind of system in place that stops the same person from answering the questions multiple times?

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just finished it myself. I always look forward to the results, especially the popularity of the different sims. I did feel there were less questions this year compared to previous years though.

Edited by james42
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have already completed the survey from a link elsewhere, but it seems that I could easily complete it again using the link at the start of this thread. Is there some kind of system in place that stops the same person from answering the questions multiple times?

🙄

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11