Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

iniScene is showcasing KDTW for MSFS2020

20 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I am using a pretty nice freeware one in case anyone missed it - constant development by the author.

https://flightsim.to/file/25649/kdtw-detroit-metro-wayne-dev-0-1

Not to detract from this upcoming iniBuilds version which also looks awesome!

Ryan,

Thanks for the link and your comments.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

17 hours ago, micstatic said:

In fairness the one we had in p3d was pretty good.  Though there were some mods that needed to be downloaded to fix things.  Not saying it's as good as this one, but it was pretty good if you managed to find those extra files that cleaned up lighting, afcad, etc. 

That was the problem though...

I donated, never got a link. Multiple emails went unanswered. Eventually a friend just provided me the files, and they were a mess. Ground polygon issues, double jetways then no jetways, ground marking issues, layering issues, lighting issues. I never got it working properly, I just ended up with jetways and layering issues and said it was fine. It's got all the hallmarks of an airport that was probably ready for release in P3D v3 and just never properly got reworked in the 64 bit sims. v5 was its death knell.

The trailer for this is great, it's obviously the best DTW I've ever seen previewed in a sim. Day 1 purchase for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Insta buy. All things Delta for me! And they have excellent taste in music with some M83 going!

Not bad going with M83, but Detroit is very rich with its own music and given techno is originating from there, that would be also a nice touch! 😉

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, mspencer said:

That was the problem though...

I donated, never got a link. Multiple emails went unanswered. Eventually a friend just provided me the files, and they were a mess. Ground polygon issues, double jetways then no jetways, ground marking issues, layering issues, lighting issues. I never got it working properly, I just ended up with jetways and layering issues and said it was fine. It's got all the hallmarks of an airport that was probably ready for release in P3D v3 and just never properly got reworked in the 64 bit sims. v5 was its death knell.

The trailer for this is great, it's obviously the best DTW I've ever seen previewed in a sim. Day 1 purchase for me.

I was one of the lucky ones who DL'd it fairly quickly after my donation.  Then I found the 3rd party user mod months later that fixed almost all of the issues I had.  But that was p3d.  Long lost history now. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

58 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Not bad going with M83, but Detroit is very rich with its own music and given techno is originating from there, that would be also a nice touch! 😉

Was thinking This would be a better choice but some of the lyrics may be problematic from marketing perspective:)

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

12 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Was thinking This would be a better choice but some of the lyrics may be problematic from marketing perspective:)

Dang, this is actually likeable considering today's rap is total garbage, cool clip too. I spent a lot of time in Hart Plaza on Memorial Weekends back in my day. Miss Movement, will probably make my way up there eventually again. I love Detroit, lots of culture there. 
For my liking I'd go with this Detroit Classic

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just trying to figure out if I need three payware airports in the Chicago area. I haven’t watched their trailer thinking that might reduce the chance (ever so slightly) of me actually buying it. 

I'll correct my own mistake before someone else does, lol 😂 I'm 100% for a Detroit airport! I'll go watch the trailer now, then show myself out the back door. 

EDIT: Ok, there's de-icing stations, don't think we've seen that before in MSFS? That's such a nice touch if they're in fact operational. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

21 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EDIT: Ok, there's de-icing stations, don't think we've seen that before in MSFS? That's such a nice touch if they're in fact operational. 

They say on their own forum post that these are "some cool GSE de-icing statics" - you will be able to turn on / turn off these fixed animations only.
As Umberto says about MSFS and GSX, the sim currently has no ability to recognise a full de-icing procedure. Developers can only turn off the visual effects of icing with a de-ice procedure, not the aerodynamic effects.

We can only hope that in the next year this sort of capability is added into the base sim for that extra immersion.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

KDTW just released. 

Welcome to Detroit.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

looks real good, want to wait for some people to test it out especially performance, but as soon as I see reviews, I will buy it!!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I bought it and it first glance I have a ton of shimmering.  I am going to toy around with some settings then try again and will report back

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Well, I succumbed and bought it before the first patch.

Overall, it's very good, in my opinion. People from Detroit or anyone who flies regularly from KDTW will find small details that might be wrong/annoying. Yet I dont know any better, so I like it.

The ability to turn off features such as extra ground service equipment, static aircraft, detailed interiors, animations, landside vehicles and winter activities does come in handy. I stayed above 30 FPS locked with everything on except when I turned on the extra GSE (didn't try the landside vehicles). There's too many objects in my view, FPS dropped to 26, so I turned them off.

The small annoyances for me include:

• some obvious texture differences on the taxiway bridge over John D Dingell Drive
  • mediocre texturing on/near terrain modelling - it jars when there's very good textures right next to these (small) lower quality areas
  • some floodlights are misplaced in the middle of stands near the de-ice pads
  • winter activities (de-icing trucks) can only be turned off manually by renaming the file in the scenery folder

I'm nitpicking with these though.

For a large-ish airport, performance is much better than we're used to when it comes to a v1.0 release from iniBuilds. No shimmering for me. Instead, the terminal exteriors look great, apron textures are good, interiors are fantastic, night lighting looks realistic, the low jetways at the C stands for CRJs work properly, and there's lots of taxiway signage.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

32 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

The ability to turn off features such as extra ground service equipment, static aircraft, detailed interiors, animations, landside vehicles and winter activities does come in handy.

How do I turn them off? I bought it from Simmarket, and I couldn't find anything in the folder or installed. This is my first product from them.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

How do I turn them off? I bought it from Simmarket, and I couldn't find anything in the folder or installed. This is my first product from them.

Not at my sim PC, so can't tell you exactly the folder addresses, nor file names.

You're looking for 6 or so files in a sub-folder in the iniBuilds KDTW scenery folder. These are very obvious files with 'people', 'interiors', 'winter', 'GSE', 'animations', 'vehicles' in the filenames. Make backup copies of these files first, then change those file suffixes to .disabled or .off for those features you do not wish to have on.

I purchased through iniBuilds, therefore their own product manager has a settings page to select these options.

• Like 1

I have tried to lower all settings but my fps is terrible with this software? I wish I would have waited to see more reviews. I have a low end video card 1080 gsx but Flytampa and Fsdreamteam scenery works great for me. I hope this can be optimized for better performance. Anyone else having bad stutters and lagging? I fly vr most of the time so I expect a little but I even get terrible frames in 2d. Any tips will be appreciated. 

Thank you

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu