Sign in to follow this  
Manuel1989

New announcement Fenix A320

3 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Doesn't change the fact that they "tried it". For some .. Including me .. that blacklists them period. Whatever extra feature they may offer i will do without.

That's fine. Great. I literally just said that it's fine to not want to buy from them. But people need to get fact checked when they say it's still happening, because it simply isn't. And the "hurr durr malware" snark every time someone mentions FSL is getting old. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

That's fine. Great. I literally just said that it's fine to not want to buy from them. But people need to get fact checked when they say it's still happening, because it simply isn't. And the "hurr durr malware" snark every time someone mentions FSL is getting old. 

Nah .. I think its great that someone makes a point to remind the unsuspecting consumer. ( I was one of them) of what they were up to in the past. It does influence purchasing decisions and i would like to know. Doing something like that has no expiry date in my book. Especially when its the same crew running the show.

Anyways .... Looking forward to seeing and supporting  Fenix with their products.  FSL can start their own thread when they actually have something for the FS2020 market.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

24 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

It is not about performance but the bagage is the license.

If you could connect all your hardware like Cdu and Overhead to Fenix then why would somebody still want to buy a expensive Prosim license?

I really love the Fenix A320 but my Pmdg with a remote overhead and remote Fmc gives me much more immersion because of that!

Pmdg and others have released all of their output values so you can use your MCP / Cdu / all hardware.

In my setup I have specially bought 2 tablets one for Fmc and one for Efb.

Also mounted a touchscreen monitor above my head for the overhead panels.

That's strange because there have been numerous posts from users that have both the PMDG 737 and the Fenix, and they find themselves flying the Fenix way more than the 737.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

At least Prosim doesn't put malware on your system..😉

I'm more worried about the way they deal with buyers. Major lack of communication, even a little bit arrogant at times and product cycles take AGES to complete. Besides, i already have a real REAL good A320 in my hands.

They're late (as usual), with the wrong attitude and coming in probably with a "been there, done that" A320. Malware would be the least of my concerns 😛

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That's strange because there have been numerous posts from users that have both the PMDG 737 and the Fenix, and they find themselves flying the Fenix way more than the 737.  

Yes but not with remote overhead or Cdu for example with my Mcp I can dial like altitude (input) but can not show Fenix values (output)

Edited by rob0203

We've announced several times that a remote MCDU will come - it's NOT hardware and has nothing to do with ProSim. 

It's a simple question of what benefits the consumer more? IAEs or a request from a small (relative to the size of the entire customer base) portion of customers?

Definitely IAEs. So our resources are there right now. This is also why we are currently hiring.

• Like 18

Aamir Thacker

3 minutes ago, Aamir said:

We've announced several times that a remote MCDU will come - it's NOT hardware and has nothing to do with ProSim. 

It's a simple question of what benefits the consumer more? IAEs or a request from a small (relative to the size of the entire customer base) portion of customers?

Definitely IAEs. So our resources are there right now. This is also why we are currently hiring.

Thank you for the information, I think quite a lot of people use remote Cdu nowadays. Since everybody has tablets etc!

Looking very much forward to that!

(Also would be great to have working Mcp values 😉 )

Edited by rob0203

I really hope Fenix doesn't spend the next 5 years polishing something that is already pretty good...would really like them to see building an A330 or something new.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ianb2469 said:

or is it just me…

Unlikely to be only you.

Hoping for a bit of modern single deck Airbus widebody, personally. A330, A340 or even A350.
More chance of it being an A318 (with steep approach capability, please), A319 or A321.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

20 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Unlikely to be only you.

Hoping for a bit of modern single deck Airbus widebody, personally. A330, A340 or even A350.
More chance of it being an A318 (with steep approach capability, please), A319 or A321.

I would say its less likely to have an A318 not many operators use them now and also think it wouldn't sell that well. 

A319 and A321 are what I have my fingers crossed for.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I would say its less likely to have an A318 not many operators use them now and also think it wouldn't sell that well. 

🤷‍♂️
Neither did the real world 737-600, but PMDG charged less compared to their other variants and it probably did well enough.

Plus, there will be some demand in putting an A318 either runway end into EGLC, or other interesting steep approaches like IGS Rwy 25 into LSGS or RNAV Rwy 32 into KSBS.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

🤷‍♂️
Neither did the real world 737-600, but PMDG charged less compared to their other variants and it probably did well enough.

Plus, there will be some demand in putting an A318 either runway end into EGLC, or other interesting steep approaches like IGS Rwy 25 into LSGS or RNAV Rwy 32 into KSBS.

Some demand. I would take it they will go where the demand is way higher so A321, Neo , 330 , 380 etc. We will just have to wait and see.

Edited by carlanthony24