Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Hare

KSEA Seattle–Tacoma International Airport

I reached out via private email to the developer.  They said they will remove the static AI at the next update which will be in "some days".  I'm not sure what some days means, but there is hope here. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

53 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Well said!

you are right! but I was really hoping for a quality Ksea

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

4 hours ago, pilotter said:

But the price is way to high for what they offer.

$22?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

$22?

yes kbos flytampa is cheaper and is way better

Edited by pilotter

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

Tpa being done by vertical sim and flightbeam on the two others. 

Notice I said, "Hasn't been done yet".  The developers you mention have been working on those airports almost since the release of MSFS back in August of 2020.  Meanwhile many other highly detailed airports by other developers have been pushed out in far less time.  Some of these developers with high turnaround rates were former XPlane scenery creators.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Notice I said, "Hasn't been done yet".  The developers you mention have been working on those airports almost since the release of MSFS back in August of 2020.  Meanwhile many other highly detailed airports by other developers have been pushed out in far less time.  Some of these developers with high turnaround rates were former XPlane scenery creators.   

Hear you. Tampa likely out by end of year 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Heck, I'm based in SEA in reality. In theory, if I need an aftermarket version of any airport it's this one.  But I really don't... the stock handcrafted MSFS version is more than good enough! 

• Like 3

Andrew Crowley

1. How’s the performance vis-a-vis frame rates and stuttering?

2. Does it play well with DD Seattle Landmarks?

Eric 

37 minutes ago, B777ER said:

1. How’s the performance vis-a-vis frame rates and stuttering?

2. Does it play well with DD Seattle Landmarks?

performance is good no issues with that.

7 hours ago, micstatic said:

You would think a developer would realize any potential buyer who does not care about this kind of stuff would probably be content with the hand crafted Seattle airport in the first place. I also wonder why orbx doesn’t give any guidance to its partners. Like some kind of email only to its partners saying here are some things to think about doing or not doing when you are making an airport…

I don't think Orbx goes to that level currently...

But can't we change parking radii ourselves using ADE?  Or would the file not be accessible?   I've never tried to alter an airport using the MSFS version of ADE (yet).

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

15 minutes ago, pilotter said:

performance is good no issues with that.

Can you also share where the statics are? Are they just in the ramps away from the main terminals, or are they also blocking gates/parking spaces?

Hoping they eventually provide us with none at all, based on their earlier response to @micstatic

2 hours ago, AeroMaster12 said:

Can you also share where the statics are? Are they just in the ramps away from the main terminals, or are they also blocking gates/parking spaces?

Hoping they eventually provide us with none at all, based on their earlier response to @micstatic

- Delta and Alaska hangar on the south have 7 statics, I would say this is full.

- Concourse D ALL occupied except D3 ( 9 statics here)

- N3,N16 and N18, 3 statics here.

- Cargo 5, stand 13, 1 static

- Alaska Cargo 2 statics

- United maintenance full, 2 statics

- Cargo 2 , 2 statics

The statics are A320's and 737's and ok. 

I am not really familiar with the layout of KSEA.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, micstatic said:

I reached out via private email to the developer.  They said they will remove the static AI at the next update which will be in "some days".  I'm not sure what some days means, but there is hope here. 

great, hopefully not only remove, but also make them available for AI

3 minutes ago, pilotter said:

- Delta and Alaska hangar on the south have 7 statics, I would say this is full.

- Concourse D ALL occupied except D3 ( 9 statics here)

- N3,N16 and N18, 3 statics here.

- Cargo 5, stand 13, 1 static

- Alaska Cargo 2 statics

- United maintenance full, 2 statics

- Cargo 2 , 2 statics

The statics are A320's and 737's and ok. 

I am not really familiar with the layout of KSEA.

Thanks so much for the detailed writeup; you did a great job describing it while being unfamiliar with it!

While this scenery finally touches upon the missing N gates, modern textures of the Delta/Alaska hangars, and new sky bridge not included in the Asobo version, this one has too many statics for me to justify the purchase. I'll wait until a patch is released to remove these statics and add the corresponding parking spots.

• Like 1

That's the reason some devs develop those airports much faster - they don't go there personally, they just use photos and satellite pictures. No harm in that, but that explains why Flightbeam or FlyTampa is always one notch above the rest in regards to accuracy, contemporarity (is that even a word?) and small details. I'll probably get this one on sale, though, because DD - if they ever go on to developing KSEA - are not likely to be much better in those regards, and neither Flightbeam nor FlyTampa plan on developing KSEA.

• Like 1