Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Hare

KSEA Seattle–Tacoma International Airport

30 minutes ago, pilotter said:

- Delta and Alaska hangar on the south have 7 statics, I would say this is full.

- Concourse D ALL occupied except D3 ( 9 statics here)

- N3,N16 and N18, 3 statics here.

- Cargo 5, stand 13, 1 static

- Alaska Cargo 2 statics

- United maintenance full, 2 statics

- Cargo 2 , 2 statics

The statics are A320's and 737's and ok. 

I am not really familiar with the layout of KSEA.

All those static aircraft at the gates, IMO, is an utter waste of time on the developer. This isn’t FS98 for crying out loud. Back in those days, developers got yelled at for not having statics. Those days are long over.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

Yeah, today they get yelled at for not having enough wingflex or ultra-detailed cabins no passengers will ever sit in.   😂

Andrew Crowley

6 hours ago, pilotter said:

- Delta and Alaska hangar on the south have 7 statics, I would say this is full.

- Concourse D ALL occupied except D3 ( 9 statics here)

- N3,N16 and N18, 3 statics here.

- Cargo 5, stand 13, 1 static

- Alaska Cargo 2 statics

- United maintenance full, 2 statics

- Cargo 2 , 2 statics

These are some rookie numbers, they gotta pump these numbers up!

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The static aircraft dissuade me from getting this, although I would like a decent KSEA, but really, why? I can understand a couple of aircraft, maybe, but to virtually fill the gates? The same thing was done with KSNA by UK2000, virtually every gate has a Southwest plane on it, and it really diminishes the airport for me. 

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

49 minutes ago, Cognita said:

The static aircraft dissuade me from getting this, although I would like a decent KSEA, but really, why? I can understand a couple of aircraft, maybe, but to virtually fill the gates? The same thing was done with KSNA by UK2000, virtually every gate has a Southwest plane on it, and it really diminishes the airport for me. 

Not to derail this topic on KSNA, but I believe UK2000 has a no-static version released and it’s up to the customer to choose what version they want, which is nice.

Ultimately what I hope to see in a couple of days with KSEA.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:59 AM, pilotter said:

static planes not possible to remove

That's the deal breaker, right there.

26 minutes ago, ErichB said:

That's the deal breaker, right there.

The developer and head of orbx already confirmed that the static planes would be removed in a few days via update 

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

yes maybe you are right. But looking at the regular prices of scenery, and I have bough a lot, there price is rather high. Let's see how they bring the update. 

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Took a look through the pics. Good thing they made the statics optional .. international carriers on the N satellite? United heavies on the C-2 gates in front of the atrium?  😂

Edited by Stearmandriver

Andrew Crowley

On 11/29/2022 at 3:20 AM, micstatic said:

You would think a developer would realize any potential buyer who does not care about this kind of stuff would probably be content with the hand crafted Seattle airport in the first place. I also wonder why orbx doesn’t give any guidance to its partners. Like some kind of email only to its partners saying here are some things to think about doing or not doing when you are making an airport…

To be honest, I think Orbx figured out a long time ago that it's just as lucrative, if not more lucrative, to run some in-house development, but to become the sales channel for a ton of other developers. Not like Flightbeam bringing in Bill Womack to create a PDX scenery, but to slap their label on it, make it an exclusive in their store, and collect a % of the sales. Distributed by Orbx, with an Orbx brand on it, guaranteed to amp up the sales significantly for the original scenery developer.

I work in an industry that's not entirely dissimilar to this, and companies make obscene money. 

Did anyone actually buy this thing?

I cant find any reviews so far. 

I do want a SEA but I want it to be worth it as well. 

Thoughts? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Some News on V.1.1:

v1.1.0:
– Removed static aircraft
– Fixed RW16L PAPI
– Added missing center line green lights

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 11/29/2022 at 1:16 PM, pilotter said:

great, hopefully not only remove, but also make them available for AI

Bit the bullet now that statics are gone. Studying the AFCAD and... welp... the AFCAD for parking could use some more work. The following gate assignments are missing or are duplicates:

Missing: A6, A7, A10, B13, Q7, D6, D11, N2, N3, N5, N10, N15, N18, N20, S3, S5
Duplicate coded (one instance represents a two different gates per occurrence): B3, B6, B7, C15

Other nitpick - Runway signs are duplicated and listed in the wrong order (34R-16L) copied on both sides of the runway; other side should have said (16L-34R)

I plan on flying the route in the sim tomorrow to see how it looks; only voicing concerns based on the AFCAD. Since KSEA is my home airport, I'm likely to be more scrupulous to minor details 😛

Edited by AeroMaster12

On 11/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, Noel said:

I think developper is working on correct gate assignments. at least that's what I have seen on discord channel of Orbx

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium